Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I’m not an Antony fan and I don’t think anyone is but Bruno getting minutes as a right winger after Antony finally had a good game is just downright disgraceful management. He would have proven far more useful.

This is something I’ve come to expect of ETH. His favorites always play and more often than not play the complete 90 minutes.

His decision making for a while now has been really poor. Worse than that though is that he's influencing other players so everyone has a go at playing hero balls and we repeatedly hand the ball back to teams we should be stifling.

Terrible. Club needs to be able to see the signs and plan ahead, and not get stuck in trying to build players of this failing era into icons who we get sentimental about

I'm normally supportive of the guy and he often produces after getting stick but he's been so poor. I would leave him out and let him have a think and refresh. Not sure if the Euros and so many games have caught up with him, I've always said we've overplayed him, and is one of Europes most played on minutes.

He's like some angry golfer out there ripping up the turf ready to club someone.

I can’t remember disliking any of our players as much as I dislike this guy. It’s a mix of his putrid performances, his terrible body language, throwing himself on the ground, moaning at refs, his inability to do the simple things correctly and the fact he gets relearned for all this by having the honor of captaining the club. There is nothing likeable about him and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about one of our players

It's time to drop him. I'd play Mount or Zirkzee in his position. He's weak, can't dribble, his shooting is gone and i'm not really sure what he offers the team now. He needs to spend a few games on the bench.

Maybe his head was turned in the summer by the chance for bigger money elsewhere.

Needs a game or two out to calm down and focus.

That free kick at the end has never summed up a player more perfectly. Fecking hero ball main character syndrome narcissist.

Do De Bruyne or Odegaard have a pointless tame pop at goal from 35 yards out in that position, in that situation? Do they feck...

He isn’t contributing anything at the moment, was stupid but sadly also predictable that he wasn’t taken off.

There's one thing we learnt about Bruno performance today: it doesn't matter. He'll always play.
It’s crazy. Many times when we’ve played without him, we’ve looked like a team and have had excellent link up play only for Bruno to slot straight back in the next game and play literally every minute from there on in.

I mean even if ETH likes him so much, why doesn’t he give him a rest. How can he play 90 minutes every game regardless of the position and demand of the game. Whether we’re 1-0 up or 1-0 down or 3-0 up, Bruno always fecking plays the 90

Maybe he'd benefit from some time on the sidelines. He's still capable of great things, but 9 times out of 10 he's making the wrong decision these days. He treats the ball like a virus he needs to get rid of. He needs coaching and some rest.

This is what's always going to happen when you have an inefficient, technically average creative midfielder that relies on a good amount of volume of opportunities to be effective. He can't impact the game unless his creative/final third stuff is on point because he lacks any sort of pace/power/quality in tight spaces and other attributes that normally befit a top midfielder these days.

It's like swinging a pendulum, sometimes you'll get the Bruno in last seasons run in that's MOTM several times looking great but when the pendulum swings back you get a captain that quite literally is the worst player on the pitch far too often. And a player with those types of extremes is never "world class" or really close to that

I’m a fan of Bruno but he is woefully out of form. A spell on the bench might do him some good. No one should be automatically playing.

Due to Mount only just returning, I'd give Bruno the Spurs and Villa games. If his bad form continues then Ten Hag should consider dropping his captain. No one should be undroppable.

Hate how he whinges else as soon as he doesn't get the ball passed to him the way he wants or when he misplaces one himself.

Awful performance and disgusting attitude. Thinks he's way better than he is and needs to grow up.

Solskjaer played certain players consistently and it cost him. ten Hag needs to give Bruno a spell on the bench.

That free kick at the end has never summed up a player more perfectly. Fecking hero ball main character syndrome narcissist.

Do De Bruyne or Odegaard have a pointless tame pop at goal from 35 yards out in that position, in that situation? Do they feck...
It’s becuase we’ve indulged him in the manner we have that he still plays like this. No other big club would tolerate their supposed talisman being so erratic. But as usual we give the keys to the club to anyone who plays well for awhile as if we have an enormous debt to them.

He's a good player and he's only 30 years old. Ten Hag is absolutely ruining him by picking him for every game when he's clearly not up to it. Maybe it's fatigue, maybe its psychological, but the guy needs dropping for his own good. Ten Hag trying to play him into form is doing him no favours whatsoever.

The scouts initially rejected him while he was at Sporting because of his poor passing as reported by numerous outlets in the summer of 2019 and many of us have been pointing out his poor passing for years but we'd get the cliché "KdB loses the ball just as much" argument, completely ignoring the contextual differences (KdB plays more advanced, takes more crosses etc). This form is far from out of the ordinary from him. Anyone that thinks otherwise, please read through the first 15 threadmarks from his match performance thread from last season. It's 11 shite performances interspersed with 4 good ones. It's been like this for most of the past 3 years

Why is he immune from being subbed? He was even brought on at 5-0 in the Barnsley win. Is it really essential?

Bit much. He’s had some genius moments but his form this season has been tumescent.
I’m not even being dramatic. He can’t shield the ball, he has no dribbling ability, he’s slow, he messes up passes in the final third more often than not. Every season he has a run of form that makes fans forget the tumescent shite he serves up in 90% of games but overall he’s piss poor. For a player that plays in a such a pivotal position he’s a massive hindrance.

He played like this most of last season before showing up for few weeks towards the end.
Exactly. It’s no coincidence that after most of his games there’s posters in here saying that’s the worst performance they’ve seen from him. People are so shocked at the depths he sinks to, they convince themselves that it’s a blip when it’s actually the norm with him.

I don't get our fans a lot of the time. Blaming our fortunes on one player because he can't carry the team on his own.

He creates magic in every match, and statswise the best creator in Europe, but he makes mistakes of course. And the tactics doesn't help him. Would play even better under a better manager.

I’m not even being dramatic. He can’t shield the ball, he has no dribbling ability, he’s slow, he messes up passes in the final third more often than not. Every season he has a run of form that makes fans forget the tumescent shite he serves up in 90% of games but overall he’s piss poor. For a player that plays in a such a pivotal position he’s a massive hindrance.
What's quite funny is that Pogba was absolutely hammered on here for years for being "inconsistent" while Bruno is every bit as inconsistent (personally think his general play is even more inconsistent) but plays in a position where stats will cover up how shit he is for many games because we've indulged him for so long.

I don't get our fans a lot of the time. Blaming our fortunes on one player because he can't carry the team on his own.

He creates magic in every match, and statswise the best creator in Europe, but he makes mistakes of course. And the tactics doesn't help him. Would play even better under a better manager.
My god, they've appeared.

The only magic he's been creating this season is for the opposition