Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He was not bad when he came on against Brighton. But like others have suggested, EtH should try him as a LB and see how that goes. Something like what happened with Valencia at RB.

You saw that pathetic attempt at a tackle for their winner and thought we should play him at left back?

He doesn’t want to play at left back. Has everyone forgotten the massive strop he threw last season when he was asked to play there for only ten minutes at the end of a game? Sure he’s employed by the club and should play in whatever position he’s told, but the reality is that if he doesn’t want to play left back and has no interest in being a left back, he’s not going to be a good left back. It’s a terrible idea. He’s not an Antonio Valencia type consummate pro, he’s a showboating attacking footballer that fancies himself. I’d rather stick Mason Mount at LB, at least he’d take the role seriously.

Last edited:
He was not bad when he came on against Brighton. But like others have suggested, EtH should try him as a LB and see how that goes. Something like what happened with Valencia at RB.
Try him at LB like when we should have tried Fred at LB and Shaw in CM?

We should try him at another club is my recommendation.

Lumbered with a rubbish player who sucks in his natural position? Well I've got the ideal solution. Move him out of position!

Is this shit still a thing?? Why should we try that, when he is not even good in his "best" position.....

Lumbered with a rubbish player who sucks in his natural position? Well I've got the ideal solution. Move him out of position!
It's not a solution for Antony, it's a solution for our team due to no LBs available. I don't mind this as long as he's like 4th / 5th option there (we're currently playing our 3rd option in Dalot).
But I would be keen on giving Mount a go before touching Antony as LB.

We really just have to put up with him don't we. Hopefully he has some good moments in the Europa and we can ship him off to somewhere like Turkey next summer.

For all those questioning the suggestion to try Antony at LB, my preference is to sell him as a priority. However, the suggestion is just so we don't have a player drawing wages for no reason if we can't sell him.

Last edited:
For all those questioning the suggestion to try Antony at LB, my preference is to sell him as a priority. However, the suggestion is just so we don't have a player drawing wages for no reason if we can't sell him.

Even if we can't sell him, he shouldn't even be on the bench, I'd rather have one of the youth players than Antony

More than happy to see him in the side over Rashford given the sorry state of affairs currently. At least he puts a shift in and adds something defensively.

Of course I'd still had Garnacho and Amad ahead of him (and would have had Sancho ahead of him too) but he's a better option that Rashford who's currently stealing a living.

During the second half, Antony and a few others were sent to warm up in front of where I sat. He spent the whole 10-15 minutes stood there, not moving at all and pretending to give instructions to our LB and LW by moving his arm occasionally. A few of us were shouting at him to move - a few light hearted shouts of "Antony - Vamos!" from the guy sat near me, before eventually one guy walked down a few blocks of stairs and aggressively shouted at him to move his lazy arse. Antony responded by walking a few feet and stretching his legs. Lazy piece of shit. A sad state of affairs when matchgoing fans are having to encourage an 80m player on huge wages to execute the warm up his boss instructed him do. When we're 3-0 down to our bitter rivals as well. If he was subbed on after that pitiful warm up then we all would've been livid. It's no wonder he looks so sluggish when that's the type of prep he does.

Since people keep using the transfer thread to talk about him :lol:

Might have said this before but it's another weird transfer when you think about it because, despite what some people would argue, Antony DOES have some qualities as a player, but it's at odds with what we're trying to achieve at being 'the best transition team in the world'. Aside from his trademark cut in and shoot routine, i'd say his best qualities in his first season were in being very difficult to knock off the ball and recycling the ball and keeping possession. He was actually good at that in his first season and formed a good partnership with Dalot in the first part of the season. Again though, when your gameplan is about charging up the pitch as quickly as possible and being ultra direct why would you use him? It's like having a more hardworking but less talented Sancho, another player completely at odds with our tactics.

Last edited:
Since people keep using the transfer thread to talk about him :lol:

Might have said this before but it's another weird transfer when you think about it because despite what some people would argue Antony DOES have some qualities as a player, but it's at odds with what we're trying to achieve at being 'the best transition team in the world'. Aside from his trademark cut in and shoot routine, i'd say his best qualities in his first season were in being very difficult to knock off the ball and recycling the ball and keeping possession. He was actually good at that in our first season and formed a good partnership with Dalot in the first part of the season. Again though, when your gameplan is about charging up the pitch as quickly as possible and being ultra direct why would you use him? It's like having a more hardworking but less talented Sancho, another player completely at odds with our tactics.

I think the “best transition team in the world” thing only started after ETH had worked with his squad for a bit and realised that there was no chance of getting the likes of Rashford to play like his Ajax team.

Obviously the fact he’s spent so much money and still doesn’t seem to have the squad he needs to play the way that brought him the most success is pretty damning.

I think the “best transition team in the world” thing only started after ETH had worked with his squad for a bit and realised that there was no chance of getting the likes of Rashford to play like his Ajax team.

Obviously the fact he’s spent so much money and still doesn’t seem to have the squad he needs to play the way that brought him the most success is pretty damning.
Or shows he is a bad coach who can’t transfer his ideas to the players.

So will he get his head down and try to prove his worth or run to social media like a certain other and call his manager a liar just cause he pointed out that others trained better and he had other options ahead of him? :confused:

He'll never be back in the first team. He'll be next on the way out because It is clear that Ten Hag doesn't like him.

So will he get his head down and try to prove his worth or run to social media like a certain other and call his manager a liar just cause he pointed out that others trained better and he had other options ahead of him? :confused:

Dont think he has fanboys like Sancho who will call this as the manager insulting the player in public.

This is probably the start of the end for Antony here. Unless Amad and Garnacho start Sancho-ing it on the field which we’ve not seen any signs of, Antony simply isn’t good enough to elevate himself above both of them at the same time

Think that's just the same generic spiel Erik always gives to explain team selections that only Sancho would get offended by. In fairness to Antony I don't think anyone would work harder than him to get into the team and he's probably incredibly frustrated, but it just comes down to ability and better options Infront of him

He'll never be back in the first team. He'll be next on the way out because It is clear that Ten Hag doesn't like him.
But a lot of people were convinced last season that ETH likes Antony and that was the reason Amad didn't have a lot of game time? Fact is Antony lost his place even last season to Garnacho and Rashford. For all his faults, ETH atleast tries to be consistent in rewarding/dropping players. Amad was injured for about half the season last year and was being eased back when he returned. Nothing to do with ETH favoring Antony.

It's got nothing to do with liking, there are better options ahead of him.
That is all there is to it. If Antony starts impressing in training and performs when he gets his chance, he will see his game time increase.

Think that's just the same generic spiel Erik always gives to explain team selections that only Sancho would get offended by. In fairness to Antony I don't think anyone would work harder than him to get into the team and he's probably incredibly frustrated, but it just comes down to ability and better options Infront of him
Yea boggles my mind that there are still people who think ETH was at fault when it was Sancho who threw his toys out of the pram. I'm sure Antony will play tomorrow and also get some chances against weaker opposition in the Europa League. He's on borrowed time right now. Fail to impress in those games and he's a goner.