Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Young and Valencia were energetic and powerful runners who put balls into the box. Their games as wingers was simple enough to make the transition to do that. They were also hugely experienced when they made the change and both had spells as captains at fullback for us. They were dependable players week in week out before they fell off.

Antony will never be moved to LB because it’s a terrible idea and not really sure why it gets brought up by people.
His strengths are his physicality and defensive work rate which is probably why it feels like he could make that transition. Fully aware I’m clutching a straws but it’d be nice to try and salvage the situation somehow.

Obviously it won’t happen because we’ve been without a left back for a year now and it’s never been tried.

His strengths are his physicality and defensive work rate which is probably why it feels like he could make that transition. Fully aware I’m clutching a straws but it’d be nice to try and salvage the situation somehow.

Obviously it won’t happen because we’ve been without a left back for a year now and it’s never been tried.
He also doesn’t like to play there as evidenced by his remonstrations whenever asked to fill in during on field emergencies. It’s clear that Casemiro doesn’t enjoy playing center back either but he goes about his job professionally if called upon. Antony is the opposite of that.

I thought he might come good initially.

But fecking hell he's atrocious, 1-1 and he's lying around like the game is done. Sums up the lack of urgency and desire in the team. If you're injured, just get the feck off and let someone else on ffs.

Is he actually injured? Knowing how he feigns injury on the pitch….

Never like seeing a player going off injured, but it’s a damning indictment that no one will notice that our 86m pound man is missing.

It'll be noticed insofar as him not being on the field is a net positive, so he'll be noticed because he's not out there being awful

He also doesn’t like to play there as evidenced by his remonstrations whenever asked to fill in during on field emergencies. It’s clear that Casemiro doesn’t enjoy playing center back either but he goes about his job professionally if called upon. Antony is the opposite of that.
From memory there have been a couple of times he's moved to that position late on in games, and it was only the once that he complained about it. And to be fair to him, it was in a game where he was actually playing really well after a very long period of poor performances, and he was probably hoping it'd be the start of his form turning around. Obviously it still wasn't a great look, but with the amount of pressure that he's under it must have been a punch in the gut that when things are finally looking up the situation conspired to force him out of position.

Once the game restarted he still did the job there without any further complaints (and actually did it quite well IIRC).

From memory there have been a couple of times he's moved to that position late on in games, and it was only the once that he complained about it. And to be fair to him, it was in a game where he was actually playing really well after a very long period of poor performances, and he was probably hoping it'd be the start of his form turning around. Obviously it still wasn't a great look, but with the amount of pressure that he's under it must have been a punch in the gut that when things are finally looking up the situation conspired to force him out of position.
He also threw a tantrum when asked to fill in there during the FA cup quarterfinal win against Liverpool. Imagine being a prick when it was an all hands on deck situation.

Hopefully the injury isnt too serious, he is one of our better players and we need all our better players available if we are going to save our season.

I get mad at players who don't put in the effort, who don't make the most of their abilities when they put on our shirt.

Thats why I'm not really mad an antony. I'm mad at the people who brought him here. No one, from the manager down the list, who was involved in his transfer, should be at the club. It is as poor a piece of business as I have ever seen, and an utter failure of the club to bring him here at all, never mind for 80+ million quid.

He is not good enough, he never will be, and it isn't fair on us as fans, the team, or even antony himself to keep putting him on the pitch knowing that.

He also threw a tantrum when asked to fill in there during the FA cup quarterfinal win against Liverpool. Imagine being a prick when it was an all hands on deck situation.
That's the time I was talking about. Was there another time that he complained?

Like I edited in to my previous post, he did the job fine there when the game actually restarted. If he'd continued bitching about it during the game I would feel very differently, but it was only in the minute or so after being told of the move. I actually felt a bit gutted for him myself (due to it happening at a time he was playing well) so I can sympathise for him being upset as long as he quickly got over it and performed. Which is what seemed to happen.

That's the time I was talking about. Was there another time that he complained?

Like I edited in to my previous post, he did the job fine there when the game actually restarted. If he'd continued bitching about it during the game I would feel very differently, but it was only in the minute or so after being told of the move. I actually felt a bit gutted for him myself (due to it happening at a time he was playing well) so I can sympathise for him being upset as long as he quickly got over it and performed. Which is what seemed to happen.
The other one was during the home loss to Arsenal.

Hopefully his injury isn't that bad, so we can get fecking rid off him during January(hopefully ETH before that as well... but wrong thread for that conversation)

He’s contacted until 2027 @ £10m per year wages ….nobody will touch him with a barge pole

That’s criminal. If I was drunk and high I can sort of comprehend the transfer fee we paid for him given the insistence of our manager, but then to offer 10m quid a year on top is ridiculous. He couldn’t have been on more than 1-2m a year at Ajax, why do we go and 5x his wages?

fecking moronic club from head to toe

That’s criminal. If I was drunk and high I can sort of comprehend the transfer fee we paid for him given the insistence of our manager, but then to offer 10m quid a year on top is ridiculous. He couldn’t have been on more than 1-2m a year at Ajax, why do we go and 5x his wages?

fecking moronic club from head to toe
Think he was on around £30k per week at Ajax ….probably why he went on strike to force through his transfer.

Hopefully the injury isnt too serious, he is one of our better players and we need all our better players available if we are going to save our season.

Thank you for your kind comments about your son Antony.

Thank you for your kind comments about your son Antony.
Hes definitely related to ETH somehow. There is no other logic why he was signed for this amount of money and paid those ridiculous wages.

Think he was on around £30k per week at Ajax ….probably why he went on strike to force through his transfer.

The fee and wages involved in signing him were absolutely crazy.

It’s about 30m to break even in terms of PSR this summer and then have to factor in the wages. His future is surely loan spells or maybe a sale in last year of his contract.

Hopefully the injury isn’t serious, he should have been loaned in the summer even without a replacement and same applies in January.

Because the negotiators we have at the club are completely incompetent.
This has been a problem for some time now and I don't see this changing, as I believe INEOS are also incompetent.

Hag logic of playing him over Amad was he was really good in training this week and it felt like it was the right thing to do.

Utterly ridiculous feedback.

This injury will have no impact on his monthly goal contributions stats.

I get mad at players who don't put in the effort, who don't make the most of their abilities when they put on our shirt.

Thats why I'm not really mad an antony. I'm mad at the people who brought him here. No one, from the manager down the list, who was involved in his transfer, should be at the club. It is as poor a piece of business as I have ever seen, and an utter failure of the club to bring him here at all, never mind for 80+ million quid.

He is not good enough, he never will be, and it isn't fair on us as fans, the team, or even antony himself to keep putting him on the pitch knowing that.

This echoes my feelings pretty much perfectly. I’d only add that his arrogance is also deeply unappealing.

Just a sprained ankle thankfully

Glad that it doesn't look too serious.

Should have had better game-awareness than to go through all that carry-on with the stretcher etc while we were on top and chasing the game, with what turned out to be a minor knock though.

Glad that it doesn't look too serious.

Should have had better game-awareness than to go through all that carry-on with the stretcher etc while we were on top and chasing the game, with what turned out to be a minor knock though.

He's got the same ego ten hag has maybe that's why he's his favourite

Instead of being happy that he has a minor knock - people are having a go at him. What an utterly shameful set of fans we’ve become.

Glad he's not badly injured - but all that commotion for a fecking sprained ankle!? No wonder we've had the injury crisis's we've had in recent years if that's the bar. Can only imagine there's a skirting board Mount keeps stubbing his toe on in his new house.

Last edited: