View full 2018-19 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing a player can do in the eyes of the caf is not play.

Thank god he wasn't involved in this game. No excuses used against him. Once the new manager comes in Martial will resume position in the first team. The Lord knows we need attackers that can run 1v1 against opposition pressing us.

Perhaps if he wasn't absolutely shite when he played his manager might trust him a bit more hey?

Or, you know, maybe not even not shite, but actually put in some fecking effort.
Like a broken record. He was arguably our best player until the end of January, has his position changed for Sanchez, has a couple of bad games and hasn't really been seen since. That's criminal. But look, sometimes people see what they want to see, I just don't understand why you would want Martial to be shit.

He probably would have scored the Lukaku miss. Normally he is very good in front of the goal.

Like a broken record. He was arguably our best player until the end of January, has his position changed for Sanchez, has a couple of bad games and hasn't really been seen since. That's criminal. But look, sometimes people see what they want to see, I just don't understand why you would want Martial to be shit.

Dont bother - the manager plays with two players upfront today and continues not to give Martial a chance there. Or Rashford. Martial is not a LW - yet when he even came in to some sort of form; was instantly dropped by Jose for a new(old) shiny toy.

Is it really hard to play two strikers upfront? Why cant Martial play the role delle ali plays for Spurs behind Kane & get some good numbers for us? ultimately not because of him but the manager.

I don't want him to be shit. I'd quite like him to be good, actually. I just think that unfortunately he is one of the most over-rated players I can remember playing for United who never built upon the promise he showed in his first season, who doesn't give you a consistent level of performance, effort, or aptitude and who has spent half his time here having a moan.

Do you honestly think the effort he put in to the performance against Brighton was acceptable or that it showed that he should be starting in a team set up to press when they didn't have the ball today?

Last edited:
I don't want him to be shit. I'd quite like him to be good, actually. I just think that unfortunately he is one of the most over-rated players I can remember playing for United who never built upon the promise he showed in his first season, who doesn't give you a consistent level of performance, effort, or aptitude and who has spent half his time here having a moan.

Do you honestly think the effort he put in to the performance against Brighton was acceptable or that it showed that he should be starting in a team set up to press when they didn't have the ball today?

Why was lingard played upfront today instead of martial? Why have we never played with two strikers in the last three years? Why a sole target man? is that Martial's fault? Ultimately this isnt a player who is played in a way that tries to get the best out of him - for him then to fail is not completely his fault & he has excuses - the tactics dont use him well.

If you dont agree- then tell me why is Lukaku played as a Target man upfront whilst he couldnt control his feelings never mind his first touch? Why is our whole team then built around getting the best out of him?

Tactical mistakes and until Martial fails under a team that is tactically capable to outwit the team- he continues to have supporters and chances to set thigns right.

It baffles me that we have a unique striker like Martial in the squad and we don't use him. The best player 1 on 1 dribbling and composed finishing. No-one forced us to play 90 million for Lukaku. We had a better striker already.

He probably would have scored the Lukaku miss. Normally he is very good in front of the goal.

Given the choice of who I'd want that chance to fall to out of our strikers then, certainly yes, I'd pick Martial.
Problem is he's not shown enough to even merit a starting place on the left, nevermind taking the central role off 'the willing, if not always able' Lukaku.
It reflects poorly on him that given the limited competition at united he's not become the star player. Think his great start went to his head.

Why was lingard played upfront today instead of martial? Why have we never played with two strikers in the last three years? Why a sole target man? is that Martial's fault? Ultimately this isnt a player who is played in a way that tries to get the best out of him - for him then to fail is not completely his fault & he has excuses - the tactics dont use him well.

If you dont agree- then tell me why is Lukaku played as a Target man upfront whilst he couldnt control his feelings never mind his first touch? Why is our whole team then built around getting the best out of him?

Tactical mistakes and until Martial fails under a team that is tactically capable to outwit the team- he continues to have supporters and chances to set thigns right.

Because he was clearly a better fit for how we wanted to play today than Martial has ever shown himself to be. Even putting aside the fact that that Martial's performance was a disgrace last week. Oh and Lingard had a better game tonight than Martial has had since January. So, err, yeah, it's pretty obvious.

I wish Martial cared as much about playing for the club as his fans seem to want him to be, but he doesn't want to be here and he plays like it.

The club actually think like fans. They didn't even get the right player. Kevin De Bruyne was the big mistake, not Salah. No one expected Salah to score almost a goal a game.

Neither were mistakes because neither of them were ready to start for a team that had aspirations of winning the League and Champions League.

They're the players they are because they left and got game time. Mourinho didn't get it wrong with either of them.

TBF, did he deserve to play today? Dont think he deserved to play ahead of Lingard given what we saw at Brighton.

Dont bother - the manager plays with two players upfront today and continues not to give Martial a chance there. Or Rashford. Martial is not a LW - yet when he even came in to some sort of form; was instantly dropped by Jose for a new(old) shiny toy.

Is it really hard to play two strikers upfront? Why cant Martial play the role delle ali plays for Spurs behind Kane & get some good numbers for us? ultimately not because of him but the manager.
Nail meet head.

Martial fans just selectively forget all the diabolical performances he puts in. he was given a chance against Brighton, and he couldn't be arsed. this is a player that should be fighting to get his spot back regularly. he didn't deserve to be in the squad tonight, he needs to act like a damn professional. great talent but mentally he will never have it to be a top player unfortunately.

He needs to have a chat with Luke Shaw.
All Shaw needed, as I knew, was a run of games. That's it as bar one game against City he never put in a bad performance. All Martial needs, like Shaw, is a run of games on the left or up front which he hasn't had under José. I think the most he's played in succession is 3 games. That's an absolute waste when he's shown last season - when having a run of games on the left/up front - he'll deliver.
:lol: where were you lot after the Brighton game? It takes a game in which he doesn't play to finally give his blind followers the confidence to start trotting out their bollocks again.
I'd have said the exact same.

TBF, did he deserve to play today? Dont think he deserved to play ahead of Lingard given what we saw at Brighton.
If we go off individual performances no one bar Shaw deserves to play. It's not the players - it's the lack of a team plan. If Martial gets a run in the team he'll excel as he did last season before signing Alexis and under van Gaal. We need to build towards something instead of chopping and changing after every bad result.

Martial fans just selectively forget all the diabolical performances he puts in. he was given a chance against Brighton, and he couldn't be arsed. this is a player that should be fighting to get his spot back regularly. he didn't deserve to be in the squad tonight, he needs to act like a damn professional. great talent but mentally he will never have it to be a top player unfortunately.

Yes because his performance on the left wing is the same chance as being made to play as a striking partner next to Lukaku.

Nope forget it - give it to Lingard instead. Jesus.

Forget martial - why wasn't Rashford played upfront next to Lukaku instead of Lingard?

Do we ever play in striking partnerships? If not then why the hell do we continue to not use actual strikers in striking partnerships.

Absolutely diabolical management of a decent player - not overtly damn world class but has the ability to get 13 goals a season at the very least if he was played in a position that allows him to do so.

It really is not so complicated.

We go the whole preseason playing 352, revert back to 433 get demolished & then turn back to 352 playing one striker and an extra midfielder in defence.

I'd say give us the day as winners in supporting martial - you don't have much of a chance today.

You really have it in for our top assist provider over the last three seasons don't you?
Best ratio and most goals scored in the squad since joining as well but top reds want to bin him at 22 for having a hard time under a manager who couldn't care less for him and stagnating along with 80% of the squad :rolleyes:

I'm glad that the board still believes in him at least,that's all that matters in the long run with the current managerial situation quickly becoming untenable

I expect him to do well if the manager changes soon. If he still struggles then sell him. I'm surprised we didn't loan him out this season. Would have been good for his development IMO. Or even last January.

I hope the bit about Woodward and Mou fighting over Martial is true. Martial and Pogba are more important to Utd than Jose now.

Martial definitely fecking isn't. You can argue Pogba if you want, but no way in hell is Martial more important.

I expect him to do well if the manager changes soon. If he still struggles then sell him. I'm surprised we didn't loan him out this season. Would have been good for his development IMO. Or even last January.

I don't think Mourinho cares much about his development, besides imagine if Martial actually did well on loan...Mourinho would get questions about it all of the time, and I don't think he'd want to deal with that either. A loan would have been great, because I don't see things changing until Mou self-implodes and gets himself sacked.

No attacker did well against Brighton. Why single out Martial? Rash and Lingard were shit as well, they made no telling contribution. It's unfair to shit on the kid just because the manager doesn't like him.
I singled Martial out because he was the only one that really had a preseason with the team. The other attackers came back early to try and show commitment to the cause, Martial has shown no fight for the club at all. Most of the headlines around him are of his own doing, wanting to leave the club, not returning after his child being born and then when Mourinho started him for the game he gave nothing going forward or going back the way. This isnt based on the Managers hatred of the player, if Mourinho hated him he would not have played him. Luke Shaw spent months out of the squad due to Mourinho hating him and his work ethic, I can see the same outcome with Martial.

:lol: where were you lot after the Brighton game? It takes a game in which he doesn't play to finally give his blind followers the confidence to start trotting out their bollocks again.

It's actually hilarious the lengths a couple of posters are going to in this thread to avoid admitting what is in front of their eyes.

It's actually hilarious the lengths a couple of posters are going to in this thread to avoid admitting what is in front of their eyes.

So going off that, the likes of Alexis,Rashford and Lukaku are all shite now as well right?

Jose FC loyalists do as much projection as anyone when they talk about a group being 'indoctrinated' :lol:

So going off that, the likes of Alexis,Rashford and Lukaku are all shite now as well right?

Jose FC loyalists do as much projection as anyone when they talk about a group being 'indoctrinated' :lol:

Who is a 'Jose FC' loyalist?

If we're gonna continue to dismissively brand any and everyone who hasn't given up on Martial as 'Martial FC',I think it's fair.

Many of our fans also began to convince themselves that another one of our young talents, Shaw, was shite as well just a few months ago when he was having a hard time. Crazy what a run of games can do for ones confidence

Who is a 'Jose FC' loyalist?

You - I explained it to you yesterday; there continues to be fans of Jose who follows in his actions, his preference of players, his preference of tactics & transfer preferences.

It's damn ridiculous.

We get called for being Martial FC - but ultimately we still care for the likes of Rashford & many other players who Jose continues to use cluelessly.

That's not the case for Jose loyalists - it's everyone vs us approach as seen by his tactics & how the fans seem to adhere to him.

Im seen as an outsider because I'm supposedly supporting martial vs the rest - when that is not true.

The truth is that Jose FC has sidelines players as they always do & martial is no exception. We are not so deluded.

You - I explained it to you yesterday; there continues to be fans of Jose who follows in his actions, his preference of players, his preference of tactics & transfer preferences.

It's damn ridiculous.

We get called for being Martial FC - but ultimately we still care for the likes of Rashford & many other players who Jose continues to use cluelessly.

That's not the case for Jose loyalists - it's everyone vs us approach as seen by his tactics & how the fans seem to adhere to him.

Im seen as an outsider because I'm supposedly supporting martial vs the rest - when that is not true.

The truth is that Jose FC has sidelines players as they always do & martial is no exception. We are not so deluded.

Or perhaps I'm someone who thinks that Jose isn't the right man for the job, and that Martial is a work-shy waste of space who deserves no ounce of leeway at the minute thanks to his disgraceful performance last week?

Which you might perhaps have found out if you'd bothered to check my post history rather than just assume I must be a Mourinho acolyte because I don't like Martial; a pretty amusing assumption for someone to make whilst they're on a tirade about 'us vs them'. Perhaps you are projecting?

He most likely shows the same enthusiasm and spirit in training like in the games. No wonder he does not start games

Anyone else not a bit fecked off with Martial? Didn't go to the WC and was told he was going to be our lead the line forward yet goes AWOL. Despite that brought back in the team, does nothing, looks sulky and is taken off.

Lukaku struggled last night and still looks unfit yet Martial was no where to be seen when he could be helping.

If we're gonna continue to dismissively brand any and everyone who hasn't given up on Martial as 'Martial FC',I think it's fair.

Many of our fans also began to convince themselves that another one of our young talents, Shaw, was shite as well just a few months ago when he was having a hard time. Crazy what a run of games can do for ones confidence

Shaw did took his chance and didn't sulk despite all criticism on his head and Young playing all the time over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.