View full 2018-19 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba and Lingard have not been consistently poor though so no. Rashford yeah but there's less expectation on him in general he didn't cost a fortune and is probably happy to be a squad player unlike Martial.
Pogba is actually our most inconsistent player. Also makes the most horrible decisions out of them all.

Have you seen his stats from the first half of last season? They match up favourably to basically the entire league except Salah. Martial was literally the 2nd best winger in the league in the first 6 months of last season by goals + assists.

Sterling and Sane were far, far better.

Since when? Jose's favourites haven't changed. And ignoring how good Martial is (I could argue it all day) - it frankly doesn't matter, what does matter is how good he is relative to his competition for that position/role in the team, and he's much better than Sanchez or Rashford, so he should be starting every game.

When was the last time Martial put in a good performance? It reminds of the fans who said Anderson was the next big thing because he had a good game against Liverpool where Gerrard was in his back pocket all day long, and for years they kept holding that up as the proof of how good he can be. Never did it again though.

One game isn't proof of how good you are, consistently performing to a high level is and Martial has not done it, and doesn't look like he will do it.

If you don't perform, you don't deserve to be in the squad. Martial was up against a Premiere League debutant last week and yet came off because he was in the debutant's back pocket all game.

I stick to my point he's one dimensional. He maybe tied with mata on assists but stat is still is quite poor for a winger starting for a top team. I watch him when he plays and i can make up my own decisions and dont need likes of you telling me otherwise.
Yep, whatever you say.

When was the last time Martial put in a good performance? It reminds of the fans who said Anderson was the next big thing because he had a good game against Liverpool where Gerrard was in his back pocket all day long, and for years they kept holding that up as the proof of how good he can be. Never did it again though.

One game isn't proof of how good you are, consistently performing to a high level is and Martial has not done it, and doesn't look like he will do it.

If you don't perform, you don't deserve to be in the squad. Martial was up against a Premiere League debutant last week and yet came off because he was in the debutant's back pocket all game.
Anderson was blighted by injury and not keeping himself in shape, otherwise he could have been one of the top mid fielders in the league. Is Martial consistently injured? Has he left himself go?

It's not helped if he's the one who doesn't care anymore on the pitch.

oh, so this is one of them speculation/guessing games, maybe even body language examinations, about players not caring?

oh, so this is one of them speculation/guessing games, maybe even body language examinations, about players not caring?

Yes and it has been obvious since the preseason games as well. Brighton was just continuation of it.

carry on then :lol:. for what its worth, this exchange was funnier than one of our players not doing well could ever be

No one in our squad has good performances.

Whether it's Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba or Martial - they make score, assist the goal - however the performance is still not all that good; where for 90 mins they are purely unbeatable.

The only one who does that in our squad is De gea & Herrera when he is told to mark someone.

Shows that it is a tactical thing & performances would not suddenly become a norm under Jose. People who expect it from martial or anyone is going to be disappointed. Likewise Lukaku might score a tap in against Brighton - but is it really a performance? No.

Lukaku is lucky to have the favouritism of Jose Mourinho as is many other players whilst the likes or Martial & Rashford are mere side effects.

Whether it's Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba or Martial - they make score, assist the goal - however the performance is still not all that good; where for 90 mins they are purely unbeatable.

The only one who does that in our squad is De gea & Herrera when he is told to mark someone.

Shows that it is a tactical thing & performances would not suddenly become a norm under Jose. People who expect it from martial or anyone is going to be disappointed. Likewise Lukaku might score a tap in against Brighton - but is it really a performance? No.

Lukaku is lucky to have the favouritism of Jose Mourinho as is many other players whilst the likes or Martial & Rashford are mere side effects.

Lukaku and Pogba do have top games, you’re wrong.

Lukaku and Pogba do have top games, you’re wrong.

No they don't have performances that can be extended to a full 90 mins - they have good games but no one in our squad plays like Gerrard, Suarez, Coutinho - for pure example of some ex Liverpool players who have 90 mins games where they can beat any team in the world by the pure own capability.

Pogba for example was fantastic against Manchester City - was the big guy when when we needed that playing as a captain for us - but that was not a 90 min performance where Pogba could beat any team in the world - he just purely stood up in a reactive manner to City.

That's what is is - our good performances are purely on relation to the other opponent - our tactics revolves too much on the other side more than concentrating too much on our own game plan. It is a type of football that is more suited to under dogs than a club who has fans who expect a style of football to be used by the club & not purely against sevilla, Brighton or City.

We don't have good performances that can be implemented against any team in the world - we only have players who stand up against the challenge; the challenge that Jose puts for our players to overcome the opposition.

After tonight's team announcement I think its pretty clear he is no longer wanted at the club or near the first team. Didnt try against Brighton and this is a result of his ineptitude to rise to the occasion and fight for his place.

He was disgracefully bad in Pre season, and completely invisible against Brighton. He hasn't scored a goal since the 20th January.

If he was to go in the next few days or next Summer I wouldn't be crying my eyes out.

After tonight's team announcement I think its pretty clear he is no longer wanted at the club or near the first team. Didnt try against Brighton and this is a result of his ineptitude to rise to the occasion and fight for his place.

Or you know - piss poor man management from our manager.

Kid is a dirtbag, didn't give a feck in SJ, didn't give a feck versus Brighton, and I believe he doesn't give a feck about the club. Sure, I bet he'll go to a club and shine. I don't even care anymore.

Reports the club want him Jose doesn’t.

Can anyone translate this?

Would have been dropped or on the bench whether or not he did well in the last game. JM hates his ass and will be even more vindictive now Ed refused to sell him.

He better just keep working, shut his mouth and bide his time.

Also wasn't the worse against Brighton but the moment he has a shit game he's the first to be dropped instead one of Jose's favourites. I want the win tonight, but the manager is a nightmare.

Anderson was blighted by injury and not keeping himself in shape, otherwise he could have been one of the top mid fielders in the league. Is Martial consistently injured? Has he left himself go?

Well done, you literally just proved my point for me :lol::lol::lol:

You're stuck in a world of 'coulds'. The rest of us will deal with reality.

Kid is a dirtbag, didn't give a feck in SJ, didn't give a feck versus Brighton, and I believe he doesn't give a feck about the club. Sure, I bet he'll go to a club and shine. I don't even care anymore.
No, the manager is the dirtbag.

He was disgracefully bad in Pre season, and completely invisible against Brighton. He hasn't scored a goal since the 20th January.

If he was to go in the next few days or next Summer I wouldn't be crying my eyes out.
Wonder what happened in January that caused that eh?

Wonder what happened in January that caused that eh?

Sanchez has been shite, I'm not arguing against that.

Martial has done himself no favours though. Playing like shite himself and sulking. He was crap in Mourinho's first season too, we've effectively had a good half a season from him in the last 2 years.

Or you know - piss poor man management from our manager.
Piss poor attitude from the player. No desire to prove all the doubters wrong against Brighton at all. No matter how much you hate your manager your still being paid to do a job. Doubt I can go into work tomorrow and just function at 30%, wouldnt last very long in the job.

Piss poor attitude from the player. No desire to prove all the doubters wrong against Brighton at all. No matter how much you hate your manager your still being paid to do a job. Doubt I can go into work tomorrow and just function at 30%, wouldnt last very long in the job.
No attacker did well against Brighton. Why single out Martial? Rash and Lingard were shit as well, they made no telling contribution. It's unfair to shit on the kid just because the manager doesn't like him.

Well done, you literally just proved my point for me :lol::lol::lol:

You're stuck in a world of 'coulds'. The rest of us will deal with reality.
Please explain to me how I proved your point. Martial is being misused and under utilised. That is the problem with him, the problem with Anderson was his injury and weight problems.

On another note, you mention Anderson having one good game, was he ever our best player and top scorer? Did he win 3 player of the month awards? And if so, did they all come within a year of this post? Incredible how short your memory is.

Would have been dropped or on the bench whether or not he did well in the last game. JM hates his ass and will be even more vindictive now Ed refused to sell him.

stop spewing rubbish; a couple of goals or assists, or even a performance with heart would’ve gotten him near.

stop spewing rubbish; a couple of goals or assists, or even a performance with heart would’ve gotten him near.
Yeah just like he did last season, and then Jose dropped his ass for Sanchez. Jose's dislike or bias against him is right in front of your face but you still refuse to see it.

Please explain to me how I proved your point. Martial is being misused and under utilised. That is the problem with him, the problem with Anderson was his injury and weight problems.

On another note, you mention Anderson having one good game, was he ever our best player and top scorer? Did he win 3 player of the month awards? And if so, did they all come within a year of this post? Incredible how short your memory is.

Perhaps if he wasn't absolutely shite when he played his manager might trust him a bit more hey?

Or, you know, maybe not even not shite, but actually put in some fecking effort.

Yeah just like he did last season, and then Jose dropped his ass for Sanchez. Jose's dislike or bias against him is right in front of your face but you still refuse to see it.
Well I see Shaw, Herrera, Young, Lingard etc who didn’t have a snif at one time or another but worked their way into his plans by dedication.

I thought he was unlucky to be dropped in January for Sanchez but I think since then Martial has had enough chances to prove Mourinho wrong and get back into the team. Especially with Sanchez being so crap.

But everytime he's played since January he's been fecking rubbish.

Jose will be gone by the end of this season.

It's just about hoping he pisses of as little of our players as possible.

Martial hasn't been great. But I would like to see some of our players under a coach that has an inkling of how to attack. Because none of our attackers look good right now.

Absolute load of nonsense.

Your final point however i hope is true, i hope he's thinking "i've been dropped because i played badly last week, i need to knuckle down to get back in the side and prove i'm good enough and the next chance i get, i'm going to give everything" however i suspect he's thinking the exact opposite.

Ed and Co need to stand their ground against Jose. Let's see him under another manager before anyone thinks of getting rid. Sick of the favouritism nonsense from this manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.