5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute load of nonsense.

Your final point however i hope is true, i hope he's thinking "i've been dropped because i played badly last week, i need to knuckle down to get back in the side and prove i'm good enough and the next chance i get, i'm going to give everything" however i suspect he's thinking the exact opposite.
That's your opinion. Your manager is a horrible vindictive shit.

L’attaquant français a été écarté du groupe sans raison pour affronter Tottenham ce lundi soir (sur RMC Sport à 21h). Une décision incompréhensible pour le joueur, alors qu’il n’est pas blessé.

The French attacker was discarded from the group without reason for the encounter against Tottenham this Monday. An incomprehensible decision for the player, who is not injured.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...-au-coeur-d-une-guerre-des-chefs-1512744.html

I knew Martial came across as thick, but if he genuinely can't work out why he was dropped after that performance vs Brighton then God help him.

Have you seen his stats from the first half of last season? They match up favourably to basically the entire league except Salah. Martial was literally the 2nd best winger in the league in the first 6 months of last season by goals + assists.

His stats absolutely do NOT match anyone that is a good attacker.

Martial when starting games has a 0.5 per 90mins ratio of goals or assists. Just because he scored lots of goals at the end of games as a sub does not mean he has good stats! Otherwise Chicharito and Morata are as good as Messi and Ronaldo.

Jose will be gone by the end of this season.

It's just about hoping he pisses of as little of our players as possible.

Martial hasn't been great. But I would like to see some of our players under a coach that has an inkling of how to attack. Because none of our attackers look good right now.
Well here I disagree with the board. Get rid of Jose or get rid of Martial, Pogba or whomever else he doesn't like. You can't be half in, half out. Jose is currently destroying the young boy's career with his mismanagement. Should the kid lose one year of a short football career because the board is doing a wait and see? It's completely unfair.

You obviously know him personally to be able to make such a statement so i'll bow to your superior knowledge of his personality.
He;s shown this part of his personality over and over again. Everybody knows it.

He should have been sold and replaced a young quality right winger. Would have balanced the squad more and I expect the next manager to do so.

I believe this is the full translation.

“Anthony Martial is not at the end of his difficulties at Manchester United. The French striker was dismissed from the group for no reason to face Tottenham on Monday night (on RMC Sport at 21h). A decision incomprehensible to the player, while he is not injured. As revealed exclusively by RMC Sport on June 13, 2018, Anthony Martial wants to leave the club but the staff does not absolutely want to part with it and refused all approaches for the player, including those of AC Milan and the Atlético de Madrid.

Mourinho wanted a defender

The situation is more complex than that. According to information from RMC Sport, Anthony Martial is at the heart of an internal war of chiefs. A war between two senior executives of United are José Mourinho, the coach, and Ed Woodward, the executive vice president. The Portuguese coach has asked for the departure of Martial to recover a large financial windfall and recruit including one or two central defenders this summer. The manager tried unsuccessfully to include the French international in operations to recruit Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham) or the Brazilian Willian (Chelsea). Requests refused by his staff who wants to keep absolutely Martial, very appreciated by the supporters.United wants to avoid a "Salah"

Woodward believes that the former Monegasque is a player of great talent and trust him. The Mancunian club does not want to reproduce the pattern experienced by Chelsea and Mourinho with Mohamed Salah and Kevin De Bruyne. According to RMC Sport, the English club has even sent a significant offer of five-year contract extension to Anthony Martial. Discussions are ongoing.

A proposal absolutely not the taste of Jose Mourinho, who decided to dismiss the French to show his anger. Although he can no longer recruit, the Portuguese coach still hopes to sell the player before the end of the summer transfer window, while Manchester United does not want to hear about a departure. A very complex situation for the international tricolor. A nod to history, United confronts this Monday night Tottenham, who made an offer for Martial during this transfer window. Joined by RMC Sport, the French international agent, did not wish to comment.“

Is this allowed? Will remove if not.

L’attaquant français a été écarté du groupe sans raison pour affronter Tottenham ce lundi soir (sur RMC Sport à 21h). Une décision incompréhensible pour le joueur, alors qu’il n’est pas blessé.

The French attacker was discarded from the group without reason for the encounter against Tottenham this Monday. An incomprehensible decision for the player, who is not injured.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...-au-coeur-d-une-guerre-des-chefs-1512744.html

I knew Martial came across as thick, but if he genuinely can't work out why he was dropped after that performance vs Brighton then God help him.

:lol: Without reason.

I hope that's not true, he thinks his performance last week was enough to keep his starting position?

He should have been sold and replaced a young quality right winger. Would have balanced the squad more and I expect the next manager to do so.

Did anyone come with a concrete offer? I know Spurs were interested but seemed more interested in pussyfooting around and wanting it to be part of the Alderweireld deal.

I believe this is the full translation.

“Anthony Martial is not at the end of his difficulties at Manchester United. The French striker was dismissed from the group for no reason to face Tottenham on Monday night (on RMC Sport at 21h). A decision incomprehensible to the player, while he is not injured. As revealed exclusively by RMC Sport on June 13, 2018, Anthony Martial wants to leave the club but the staff does not absolutely want to part with it and refused all approaches for the player, including those of AC Milan and the Atlético de Madrid.

Mourinho wanted a defender

The situation is more complex than that. According to information from RMC Sport, Anthony Martial is at the heart of an internal war of chiefs. A war between two senior executives of United are José Mourinho, the coach, and Ed Woodward, the executive vice president. The Portuguese coach has asked for the departure of Martial to recover a large financial windfall and recruit including one or two central defenders this summer. The manager tried unsuccessfully to include the French international in operations to recruit Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham) or the Brazilian Willian (Chelsea). Requests refused by his staff who wants to keep absolutely Martial, very appreciated by the supporters.United wants to avoid a "Salah"

Woodward believes that the former Monegasque is a player of great talent and trust him. The Mancunian club does not want to reproduce the pattern experienced by Chelsea and Mourinho with Mohamed Salah and Kevin De Bruyne. According to RMC Sport, the English club has even sent a significant offer of five-year contract extension to Anthony Martial. Discussions are ongoing.

A proposal absolutely not the taste of Jose Mourinho, who decided to dismiss the French to show his anger. Although he can no longer recruit, the Portuguese coach still hopes to sell the player before the end of the summer transfer window, while Manchester United does not want to hear about a departure. A very complex situation for the international tricolor. A nod to history, United confronts this Monday night Tottenham, who made an offer for Martial during this transfer window. Joined by RMC Sport, the French international agent, did not wish to comment.“

Is this allowed? Will remove if not.

There's a very good reason. He was rubbish, same as Bailly.

:lol: Without reason.

I hope that's not true, he thinks his performance last week was enough to keep his starting position?

Bouhafsi has been the first to all Martial news since he joined. Fairly clear he has a direct line to either Martial or his agent. I would be far from surprised if that bit wasn't straight from the horses mouth.

He;s shown this part of his personality over and over again. Everybody knows it.

Jose started him last week and he repaid his faith with an absolute howler of a performance. Granted other players played poorly but he hardly looked like someone who was working to prove the manager wrong.

It's unsurprising. Jose has Sanchez and Rashford who he prefers on the bench so he doesn't need to include Martial.

Sitting out few games is no harm. It's difficult to do much the way the team plays these days anyway.

I'm sure he like many others, is itching for Jose to hurry up and capitulate so we can replace him and start playing proper football

Always a fan. Just trying to ignore he is associated with my club.

I've been very critical of Jose myself and I think he has to take a lot of blame for the mess we're in but I think you're making too many excuses for Martial.

He's been a waste of space since January. He might have issues with Mourinho but you're out there representing Manchester United. Put some fecking effort in.

Did anyone come with a concrete offer? I know Spurs were interested but seemed more interested in pussyfooting around and wanting it to be part of the Alderweireld deal.

Depends on the concrete offer. I don't think his value will be anything higher than 40-50m considering he's not a starter here anymore and wants out most probably, so no club will pay higher than that.

Well here I disagree with the board. Get rid of Jose or get rid of Martial, Pogba or whomever else he doesn't like. You can't be half in, half out. Jose is currently destroying the young boy's career with his mismanagement. Should the kid lose one year of a short football career because the board is doing a wait and see? It's completely unfair.
If the ‘kid’ wants more autonomy over his career he should sign shorter contracts for less money in future.

Depends on the concrete offer. I don't think his value will be anything higher than 40-50m considering he's not a starter here anymore and wants out most probably, so no club will pay higher than that.

I don't think anyone came in with any offer beyond taking him on loan.

Jose started him last week and he repaid his faith with an absolute howler of a performance. Granted other players played poorly but he hardly looked like someone who was working to prove the manager wrong.
Jose started him because Sanchez was injured, or else his ass would have been on the bench.

Anyway, agree to disagree as the match will start soon.

We aren't going to fire Jose now.

But I think we all know how this will end.

It would be best for all parties if Martial signed a 1 year extension and went on loan this season. Then we can make a final decision next season.

I don't think anyone came in with any offer beyond taking him on loan.

Loan for 1 year without option to buy doesn't look like a poor offer that you brings it. He'll play regularly for another team while we are still holding all the cards, we can bring him back or sell him later on.

He was horrible last match, but the double standards annoy me. If Martial is terrible, he gets dropped from the team, if he is just okay, next match is on the bench. On the other hand, Sanchez has been even worse since he has been signed, and seems to be the first name in the sheet (today he is still not fully match fit, I guess).

At this point the best thing for both Martial and Jose is probably for him to go out on loan for the season if he signs that 5 year contract. Away from Jose for the year hopefully play and get himself back in to form and the promise he shows on occasion. Gets him out of Jose’s way for a season and then return in the summer and hopefully impress the new manager or be in his plans.

Although could you imagine the headlines if he goes somewhere and does well.

The club actually think like fans. They didn't even get the right player. Kevin De Bruyne was the big mistake, not Salah. No one expected Salah to score almost a goal a game.

Loan for 1 year without option to buy doesn't look like a poor offer that you brings it. He'll play regularly for another team while we are still holding all the cards, we can bring him back or sell him later on.

Depends on who is paying the wages. Anyway we should have bought a right-winger regardless.

He was horrible last match, but the double standards annoy me. If Martial is terrible, he gets dropped from the team, if he is just okay, next match is on the bench. On the other hand, Sanchez has been even worse since he has been signed, and seems to be the first name in the sheet.

That’s been the way since Sanchez was signed and although I don’t agree with how Martial has handled it, you can see why he’s pissed off with the situation. He’s definitely banking on Jose being fired I think.

It would be best for all parties if Martial signed a 1 year extension and went on loan this season. Then we can make a final decision next season.

I think Jose will be gone a lot sooner than that. Martial would be a fool not to wait it out.

(By wait it out I'm not saying he should down tools)

I think all that also.

Depends on who is paying the wages. Anyway we should have bought a right-winger regardless.

Agree, but the condition is that we're heavily saturated on the left side with 3 left forwards while the right has no one except Lingard and Mata. That's somewhat unbalanced and should have been addressed in any way.

He was horrible last match, but the double standards annoy me. If Martial is terrible, he gets dropped from the team, if he is just okay, next match is on the bench. On the other hand, Sanchez has been even worse since he has been signed, and seems to be the first name in the sheet.
Thing is he did the only good thing in the game on the 1 occasion he got the ball. He was it seemed non fussed with the game and just seemed to sit out wide, so was probably a bit of his lack of effort and the team just being horrendous that day.

Sums up my opinion quite nicely, imho.

Had a poor game against Brighton, like the vast majority of the team, but hardly warrants the abuse (or praise that some offer him) thrown his way. With Rashford, Sanchez etc, people are far more willing to offer excuses, with Martial it's "Dirtbag", "fecking shit"

No idea why

I hope the bit about Woodward and Mou fighting over Martial is true. Martial and Pogba are more important to Utd than Jose now.

I'd be happier if you told me Martial would lead the line long term instead of Lukaku

No need to talk about anything - we play with 352 with Lukaku upfront with lingard around him.

He still refuses to use Rashford and Martial in partnerships because his overall ability to not use anyone but a damn Target man.

Rashford & Martial up front together are ultimately a better striking option than Lukaku. That's true to this day considering they have had no chance to do just that.

Play 3 at the back & plays godamn herrera when he could have used other defenders (why did we sell blind) -

The fact is Martial's fault is because Jose cannot manage him well & that is seen the most when Martial does not play.

At least he won't be scapegoated from the shamble that was the Spurs game. That's the only positive for him being dropped. Still sucks for him though.

Still of the opinion Martial would be our best striker if given a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.