View full 2018-19 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, stupid stupid boy. If the club had any sense then they won't be offering him a new deal considering he's publicly undermining the manager by saying he's not going to try until the manager is sacked. What an utter disgrace.

Agreed, what a disgrace. Enjoy the pine for the rest of the year and then we won't be offering you a new deal due to this disgraceful behavior. Tat fecking ah. Buhbye.

(If true of course.)
When did this happen? Any quotes or something? Let me help you, there are none, and it's all probably guess work form Ducker. Me or you could have written the same story based on feck all info.

When did this happen? Any quotes or something? Let me help you, there are none, and it's all probably guess work form Ducker. Me or you could have written the same story based on feck all info.
I don't know. Somebody wrote it above, ask them. I just made a comment based on the hypothetical that it is a reality, no player would be stupid enough to do that without risking the big whack from not only the manager but the club also in my opinion.

In ~7400 mins (~82 games). That's not quite productive.
If you look at last years league stats goals and assists he has similar or comparable stats to Hazard except hazard played around 800 minutes more. He also has better or similar numbers to Mata,Rashford and Lingard with about 250 less minutes on the field. Mata does have more key passes and so does Hazard but I also compared him to Willian and Leroy Sane’s numbers and again comparable to Willian who played more minutes, Leroy has a far superior assist tally to the lot of them with 15 assists, the others are around 4-7, he has also almost played 1000 minutes more than Martial.

Not to mention for most of last season wasn’t he Martial the most productive player in the league based on minutes.

I think it's very concerning that he's willing to wait things out. Shows a lack of ambition in my eyes. I've said it after last season ended that if he stayed at United with Mourinho still in charge, that's a worrying prospect for how he wants his career to go. I was pretty happy with him how he came back from a disastrous second season to becoming a started in his third under a Mourinho that's clearly not a fan of his. However now, I think he's just settling into the situation he's in and for a player of his age and talent, it's not a good look IMO.

These are leaks from his agent.

I think its not more a lack of ambition than the fact that no big club is in for him. Real and Barca don't seem interested. Neither do PSG obviously who have world class players on both flanks. Spurs probably don't interest him despite what their fans may think. Chelsea have Hazard, and Bayern are probably not willing to pay top dollar that we will inevitably ask for him.

His level at the moment is the likes of Spurs, Sevilla etc as these clubs are the only ones who will consider giving him regular starts, and even that isn't guaranteed. He has a high opinion of himself if he thinks he should be starting regularly at a top club as he is nowhere at that level yet. Granted, Mourinho's bias towards Sanchez did make things a bit unfair, but at best, he is only good enough to compete with another LW for starts.

As for his future, I don't blame Ed for thinking he shouldn't be let go in case he becomes another KDB..atleast it shows Ed does have some concern about the club as opposed to seeing it as a purely money-making venture. But not backing the manager in the transfer market while briefing that he supports Martial staying at the club has undermined the manager's authority and emboldened Martial's agent (likely) to leak such things -- that's what I would blame Ed for in this matter. Ed has tacitly supported player power.

Let it go, some people convince themselves already of things there is no way to be sure of. Impossible to reason with

His agent has been a disgrace for most of time.

Won't mind if him and Pogba leave next season after Mourinho is confirmed to go. Enough of these prima donna and their agents.

Consistently i said. No one doubts he doesn't have any moves, just his application part is one dimensional. You hardly see him hitting the byline. He needs to mix it up.
You're speaking nonsense. You've shifted the goal posts to suit your argument. First you go for his one dimensional play, when there's proof in this thread to suggest otherwise. Then you've gone for his assist output and naturally been rubbished on that. I think it's high time you start watching games, at least more closely.

Won't mind if him and Pogba leave next season after Mourinho is confirmed to go. Enough of these prima donna and their agents.

He wants to be a mini Mino Raiola - however hard that is to imagine...

......not sure who'd becoming in their place would be that much different. I'm sure the clubs we've benefited from signing players in the past feels the same. If Kane decided he wanted to be here, how many Utd fans would be unhappy if his agent helped him to leave Spurs? None of this is new, just things are played out more publicly than previously.....

Does this same criteria of yours refer to Rashford, Lingard, Pogba and co? Because they’ve all had 3-2 seasons on a the bounce where they have been poor. I mean they have all been at the same level or worse.

Pogba and Lingard have not been consistently poor though so no. Rashford yeah but there's less expectation on him in general he didn't cost a fortune and is probably happy to be a squad player unlike Martial.

Pogba and Lingard have not been consistently poor though so no. Rashford yeah but there's less expectation on him in general he didn't cost a fortune and is probably happy to be a squad player unlike Martial.
They haven't? Pogba had a solid first season, yet nothing of a season resembling of a player for who we broke the world record, and last season was one to forget. And about Lingard, how can you say he hasn't been consistently poor yet Martial has been consistently poor? Based on what exactly? Lingard's last season has been better than his previous but it's not better than the one Martial had. They have all been poor, especially the trio of Martial/Lingard/Rashford.

You mention Rashford and less expectations, well both Rashford and Lingard got to the WC even though they had average seasons at best, they don't have to worry about not being picked, if the England team had the same quality at disposal as the French they would have stayed at home, and I'm sure there would have been stories about unrest. There were already stories in the press about Rashford being unhappy in the winter, so don't put all your eggs in the basket.

Not true. He can go on the outside and assist too.

There is no point responding to such comments. Even if you assume he is one-trick-pony, offensively he remains our most effective pony on the left.
Besides that, when he joined the club, my personal assessment was that the lad can be coached to be devastating cutting-in onto his right foot the same way Robben did/does (some one trick-pony he is huh?)
Now he looks like he can't even get his bearings right on a football pitch. I wonder what changed since then.

Can't really judge young players until they are giving game time.
You can't expect him to magically pick up his form after what Jose pulled on him. To be honest I'm sick of his attitude as well but when he gets rolling he has shown to be our best player on the left.
Putting Sanchez on massive wages which is currently disturbing the club harmony ( Pogba , De Gea ) was a massive mistake , as it stands Sanchez and Martial are playing on the same level.

Who are we supposed to replace Pogba with? At the bare minimum we'd need to bring in someone that is equally as talented as he, otherwise we'd be worse off. Such players are few and far between and tend to come with their own baggage as well.

Who are we supposed to replace Pogba with? At the bare minimum wed need to bring in someone that is equally as talented as he, otherwise we'd be worse off. Such players are few and far between and tend to come with their own baggage as well.

He's great on his day but hasn't played on a consistent level week in week out to suggest that he'll impossible to replace, and I'm getting tired of the circus his fat agent is and will make whenever his contract extension negotiations rises.

Better to transfer this discussion to Pogba thread I believe, so that we don't disturb Martial discussions here.

I think it's very concerning that he's willing to wait things out. Shows a lack of ambition in my eyes. I've said it after last season ended that if he stayed at United with Mourinho still in charge, that's a worrying prospect for how he wants his career to go. I was pretty happy with him how he came back from a disastrous second season to becoming a started in his third under a Mourinho that's clearly not a fan of his. However now, I think he's just settling into the situation he's in and for a player of his age and talent, it's not a good look IMO.
LOL. Honestly some people criticize him just for the sake of it. If Manchester United let him go, he'd be out instantly, his agent said so. Only problem is no other is willing to match our asking fee. So it's not that he is here for the money or that he lacks options, he has no other fecking choice other than waiting it out.

So after all our forwards played like dogshit last week,he's the only one who got dropped from today's squad altogether :lol::rolleyes:

So after all our forwards played like dogshit last week,he's the only one who got dropped from today's squad altogether :lol::rolleyes:

Probably because he’s been a fecking disgrace on and off the pitch for 7 months. Probably.

With word coming out that he's waiting for the manager's sacking this outcome shouldn't surprise anyone. At least he should be content to take a small holiday till the next person comes in.

That or he is injured

He adds nothing atm and doesn't want to be here, who cares?

It will be extremely funny if he's waiting for Mourinho to be sacked next season, then comes the next manager and benches him as well.

I thought we were discussing Martial not Alexis

Martial has the same productivity when starting games as Sanchez. I'd say that Lukaku is the only attacker that has performed to an acceptable level Sanchez and Martial are simply not good enough.

Martial has the same productivity when starting games as Sanchez. I'd say that Lukaku is the only attacker that has performed to an acceptable level Sanchez and Martial are simply not good enough.

I agree,just find it weird when only one of them gets singled out and tarred + feathered

I agree,just find it weird when only one of them gets singled out and tarred + feathered

This is the Martial thread, I don't see a single reason to complain that Martial is being singled out in his own thread.

You will find that most people are bashing Sanchez in his own thread, and there is a consistent belief that Pogba and Lukaku are our only real sources of attacking threat.

If he really isn't in the squad hopefully it will finally show that Jose genuinely doesn't like him and those constantly talking about Jose not having favourites will get it in their heads. Everyone was awful last week martial was no worse than any of them and produced the only moment of quality all game.

It will be extremely funny if he's waiting for Mourinho to be sacked next season, then comes the next manager and benches him as well.

why would that be funny? we still want our players to do well around here right?

This is the Martial thread, I don't see a single reason to complain that Martial is being singled out in his own thread.

You will find that most people are bashing Sanchez in his own thread, and there is a consistent belief that Pogba and Lukaku are our only real sources of attacking threat.

Good point but I meant moreso in general than in this thread.

The entire attack has stagnated in 2018, Rom included, imo.

Martial just seems to be the go to target for many though since the manager doesn't fancy him

If he really isn't in the squad hopefully it will finally show that Jose genuinely doesn't like him and those constantly talking about Jose not having favourites will get it in their heads. Everyone was awful last week martial was no worse than any of them and produced the only moment of quality all game.

Yawn, Mourinho has his favourites so much that he changes it every few months. You are his favourite until you get dropped, almost as if you get dropped for not carrying out his instructions.

There is no agenda against Martial, he's just not that good. Mourinho by all accounts disliked both Hazard and Ronaldo, yet they played every game because they would do their best on the pitch and deliver most of the times.

You're speaking nonsense. You've shifted the goal posts to suit your argument. First you go for his one dimensional play, when there's proof in this thread to suggest otherwise. Then you've gone for his assist output and naturally been rubbished on that. I think it's high time you start watching games, at least more closely.

I stick to my point he's one dimensional. He maybe tied with mata on assists but stat is still is quite poor for a winger starting for a top team. I watch him when he plays and i can make up my own decisions and dont need likes of you telling me otherwise.

Yawn, Mourinho has his favourites so much that he changes it every few months. You are his favourite until you get dropped, almost as if you get dropped for not carrying out his instructions.

There is no agenda against Martial, he's just not that good. Mourinho by all accounts disliked both Hazard and Ronaldo, yet they played every game because they would do their best on the pitch and deliver most of the times.
Since when? Jose's favourites haven't changed. And ignoring how good Martial is (I could argue it all day) - it frankly doesn't matter, what does matter is how good he is relative to his competition for that position/role in the team, and he's much better than Sanchez or Rashford, so he should be starting every game.

I stick to my point he's one dimensional. He maybe tied with mata on assists but stat is still is quite poor for a winger starting for a top team. I watch him when he plays and i can make up my own decisions and dont need likes of you telling me otherwise.
Have you seen his stats from the first half of last season? They match up favourably to basically the entire league except Salah. Martial was literally the 2nd best winger in the league in the first 6 months of last season by goals + assists.

Have you seen his stats from the first half of last season? They match up favourably to basically the entire league except Salah. Martial was literally the 2nd best winger in the league in the first 6 months of last season by goals + assists.

I have gone down that road multiple times and it was mainly due to the fact that he was coming on for last 10 - 15 mins when he was on that run. The games he started wasn't producing similar output. We were thrashing teams 4-0 when the scoreline would be like 1-0 till 70mins and then we would win by 4 goals towards the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.