Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Aston Villa 0:0 Man Utd New
Easy clean sheet today. Had to make one save I believe

Having a solid season so far.

Actually seen quite a few games over the weekend and genuinly amazed at the low quality of goalkeeping. Every error had me thinking about Onana and if it had been him making the those errors it would be headline news

He’s had a decent start and made some Important saves. Keep it up lad

Definitely improved on last season
Solid Premier League GK
Long may it continue.

Strange how he’s still getting a hard time from pundits despite his steady improvement.

I’m still unsure why we aren’t using his footwork more though and allowing him to push out. Would really help with the building from the back and get the team higher up in attacking phases.

Feels like he was brought for that but we aren’t fully utilising him.

His redemption arc is the only enjoyable storyline of the season, so far.

He's shown great character to turn it around like he has. Hopefully the rest of the team can follow suit.

Currently second in the Expected Goals Prevented table, behind Hermansen of Leicester. Third is Pope, who has featured highly season after season of course.

He still looks odd somehow but if he keeps the stats up who cares, he's looking like a real asset.

Man Utd 2:1 Brentford New
Felt like he created more chances than most today

Love to see him randomly appear in the opposition's half from time to time :lol:

Made a great save and provided a nice option for the defenders when playing the ball out. It’s still early but so far he’s the player of the season for United.

He's been solid, nothing special but solid. Still think we could do with an upgrade.

He's been solid, nothing special but solid. Still think we could do with an upgrade.

A goalkeeper providing a player with a 1 on 1 chance is pretty special.

Another season of this joker behind the sticks. Fasten your seatbelts lads.

I get it though, it is difficult to deal with being proven wrong. So far Onana has been amongst the best players this season.

He's done well to come back from last season in which he started awful and had a lot of problems. Picked himself up well and proper.

I had huge doubts about him going in to the season but credit where it's due, he's been pretty good.

Yeah he’s been solid. Helps that we’ve not allowed the goal to be peppered as much.

It’s so interesting to me that all of his best passes are alway to Dalot. Why is this? Why are no other players making the same runs?

None of our players from deep have the running power or smarts to actually make a run behind the opposition defence. You can count the front three + Bruno out as they're usually occupied with the opposition and finding space in their half. So you're realistically only relying on Casemiro, Eriksen, Mainoo, Ugarte or any of the defenders.

It’s so interesting to me that all of his best passes are alway to Dalot. Why is this? Why are no other players making the same runs?
Rashford and Garnacho do get on the end of them sometimes. Dalot more often though because he's a bit of a wildcard in that position as the opposition defenders are focused on our attackers, then Dalot suddenly surges into those positions and causes confusion.

None of our players from deep have the running power or smarts to actually make a run behind the opposition defence. You can count the front three + Bruno out as they're usually occupied with the opposition and finding space in their half. So you're realistically only relying on Casemiro, Eriksen, Mainoo, Ugarte or any of the defenders.

Rashford and Garnacho do get on the end of them sometimes. Dalot more often though because he's a bit of a wildcard in that position as the opposition defenders are focused on our attackers, then Dalot suddenly surges into those positions and causes confusion.

Good points. We do seem to lack midfielders making runs from deep. You’d think Bruno would be the most likely.

Good points. We do seem to lack midfielders making runs from deep. You’d think Bruno would be the most likely.
Shaw should probably add to those options if he comes back at a good level. Ideally a player like Mainoo also develops that skill. Bruno is usually a bit too high up the field to supply those types of runs in these situations, trying to occupy space between the oppositions defence and midfield.

Shaw should probably add to those options if he comes back at a good level. Ideally a player like Mainoo also develops that skill. Bruno is usually a bit too high up the field to supply those types of runs in these situations, trying to occupy space between the oppositions defence and midfield.

Very wishful thinking on those two players. Post leg break, Shaw never made runs from deep and especially now where he only does a limited amount of high intensity sprints anyways; you'd be lucky to see more than 2 overlaps in a game from him, let alone a lung bursting sprint from areas around the halfway line.

Mainoo has shown very little off the ball movement as his whole game gravitates towards the ball. It can be happen but I'd be very surprised. He'll need some proper coaching i.e something all our players have not really received the past 10 years and doesn't look like it's changed under ETH too.

Very wishful thinking on those two players. Post leg break, Shaw never made runs from deep and especially now where he only does a limited amount of high intensity sprints anyways; you'd be lucky to see more than 2 overlaps in a game from him, let alone a lung bursting sprint from areas around the halfway line.

Mainoo has shown very little off the ball movement as his whole game gravitates towards the ball. It can be happen but I'd be very surprised. He'll need some proper coaching i.e something all our players have not really received the past 10 years and doesn't look like it's changed under ETH too.

Agreed.

I'm thinking Malacia if he is fit again, he's possibly our fastest defender and might also be able to make similar runs to the ones Dalot makes.

Some might say Eriksen but for me Onana is Man of the Season for United so far. He's made crucial and challenging saves and his passing has been sharp.

Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd New
Absolutely quality saves tonight.

I’m probably being very harsh here…

The double save was amazing. And despite still being far from perfect, he has been one of our better performers so far this season.

But was his attempt for their goal as bad as I saw it to be? I’m not saying he should save it from point blank range. But he seemed to just jump out of the way. Another one of those goals that he tends to concede when the ball goes low relatively close to him, and he dives over it rather than just using his feet like de Gea used to.

If he just stood still it probably hits him.

I would expect every PL keeper to make that double save atleast 95% of time. I also expect 99% keepers not to blunder that cross/pass where Ugarte saved him

I would expect every PL keeper to make that double save atleast 95% of time. I also expect 99% keepers not to blunder that cross/pass where Ugarte saved him
But do your expectations align with reality?