2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Fast becoming the new De Gea simply because he’s saving us from complete humiliation when the rest of the team are playing shite

He's in decent form. I'm still not ready to trust him until I've seen a full season of him being good. His start to last season was appaling and he has a lot to do for me to think he's good enough to be our No 1.

Amazing save to get down that low and fast just to stop it and brilliant reaction after.

Sadly it's a reminder of a keeper like De Gea in his prime saving us while we play utter garbage each week. A new squad, new manager, new keeper yet same old story.

I would expect every PL keeper to make that double save atleast 95% of time. I also expect 99% keepers not to blunder that cross/pass where Ugarte saved him
Hahaha

Done really well this season. Still minimal help from those in front. But conceding less shots is a plus. And the ones that DO come at him are being saved well.

After disappointing performances in the UCL last season he's got better and better.

Hopefully continues this form on the remainder of the season. Top saves tonight!!

No that part feels pretty secure, it’s more that he passed the ball to others who are under press just a few meter outside the box. In that way we lost the ball.
That’s on those players. Top players can play under pressure. At city they do that all the time.

Enjoy his interviews, always comes across really.

Seems very strong mentally, suspect he’d make a good leader in the team.

Nice that the noise around him is starting to drop too. A really promising start to the season.

Don’t agree with the posters opinion on the double save but I think you can attack their posts rather than these personal attacks.

@Real Name literally made a light hearted observation about them not posting much and the literal only thing I criticised was his post just like you asked.

Either way I'm sure he's very relieved to have you to defend him :lol:

I would expect every PL keeper to make that double save atleast 95% of time. I also expect 99% keepers not to blunder that cross/pass where Ugarte saved him
Aww come on. Credit where it's due at least.

He seems to be settling well, it's probably helped having a more competent defence in front of him. Last season every attack from the opposition had me holding my breath til it was over, this season I find myself having a lot more confidence in the back 5, Onana included. He made a couple cracking saves yesterday, and while we haven't really seen him in his sweeper keeper role we are seeing him create chances through his distribution from the back, there was one yesterday, first half I believe, where he passed a ball out to Garnacho that led to a good chance.

After last season I would have been open to replacing, I am no longer viewing him as a problem, the better the team gets the better he will get.

He also seems like a super likeable guy and is probably a good addition to the dressing room.

Excellent to have Jose's reaction there too. It's the best double save I have ever seen.

Excellent to have Jose's reaction there too. It's the best double save I have ever seen.

The second one is kind of straight at him, and the big flailing dive is maybe a little bit for the cameras, but that first one really is a world class stop - especially from a keeper who has had some issues technique-wise getting down to low shots.

You are going to be disappointed by a lot of keepers then...

He has been one of our best this season and looks much better than last season. I, for one, am quite happy with him as our keeper.

The second one is kind of straight at him, and the big flailing dive is maybe a little bit for the cameras, but that first one really is a world class stop - especially from a keeper who has had some issues technique-wise getting down to low shots.
It’s a superb double save. Leave it at that.

I have been critical of him but he is in good form and if he can sustain this he will prove to be a good signing after all.