Victor Lindelof (Out)

I find it funny that he’s called the ice man

He’d shirk away from a 50/50 ball against Saka

I’ve always assumed the ice man nickname was given to him ironically & just accidentally stuck without people realising its origins. It’s the only logical explanation.

He's actually been a decent player for a while now. A bit underrated.

I don't think he's ever been anything special though, but he's a good defender. Just not dominant.

The problem now is that he's become injury prone. He used to be quite reliable fitness wise. If he was fit all of last season, he would've been really useful at the back.

“Good defender”
“Solid defender”

Is there gas leaking in your homes lads?

GB you're clogging up the thread with this debate (I agree though), I'm hoping for updates that we're moving him out and it's all "he's better than Evans" "No". Let's see some tweets. Even from random 14 year olds posing as transfer gurus. Just make us believe the exodus is still in full swing.

There must be a term for this - more technical than irony - that my post is guilty of non-news about his transfer..

I provided real life video context to the stat posted and it was worth my time, if it provided any use to anyone; he's a terrible player that gets an easy ride with some people for some reason. The same with 'McTominay is a great squad option'. Just look at his thread with the stats analysis.

I wouldn't keep Lindelof for 5th choice anyways as this is his last contractual year and he's on £120k. Selling him for even £5m and replacing with a low budget option or promoting youth is worth it financially and for the future. At least we have another year option for Maguire, even if he is the best monetary value asset to us now.

I'm pretty sure nobody would resent any offer coming in that would take his wages off the table. Especially now we have bought in two better players in his position. Again, why you wasting your time on this? It would be much easier to find six examples of him being the half decent player he is.

Don't let the Iceman live rent free in your head

I'm pretty sure nobody would resent any offer coming in that would take his wages off the table. Especially now we have bought in two better players in his position. Again, why you wasting your time on this? It would be much easier to find six examples of him being the half decent player he is.

Don't let the Iceman live rent free in your head

The point isn't that he's 'half decent' though, which you can definitely find examples of but whether it's representative of him as a player is for you and others to judge. Like I said before, I was simply providing some extra context to the original post I had quoted. It wasn't really that much of an effort for me to critique a player that has unfortunately spent 7 years here with over 250+ games.

Don't let my posts live rent free in your head.

Coincidentally, Lindelof reminds me a bit of a young Jonny Evans.
Miles and miles between them. Evan’s was first a brilliant talent considered an absolute dead cert by most United fans and then after some bumps he went though phases of being a starting CB in title winning sides (he and Vidic broke records I believe) and then was also our best CB later for a year or two.

Lindelof is really mediocre. He improved here and there at times and showed a bit more intensity but ultimately he’s a CB who is neither quick nor strong and doesn’t really do much defending - preferring instead of stand off and invite pressure. Hard to believe that we signed him under Jose.

“Good defender”
“Solid defender”

Is there gas leaking in your homes lads?
Just because he isn't good at tackling or heading the ball and can't make up for it with a good reading of the game, doesn't mean he is not a good def... well, never mind.

There have been seasons where he's been at a level that would be a decent 3rd or 4th choice defender. It's just that in those seasons (bar 22/23) he was relied on to be 1st choice which was unfortunate. Two of his last three seasons have been quite poor though, so it is time for him to move on. There were quite a lot of rumours towards the end of last season that he wanted to move somewhere he'd be first choice, but it all went quiet for most of the transfer window so not sure if that's due to him preferring to stay or if there just wasn't any interest in him.

Evans was a superior player and talent than Lindelof. The two issues with him were:

- He couldn't stay fit.
- At that stage he wasn't a leader and always needed a Rio or Vidic besides him to bring about his best.

VG was an idiot for letting him go, only to sign a train wreck named Rojo.

I think if Lindelof shaves his head again like he did before joining United, we could add a couple of million to his transfer fee.

Evans was a superior player and talent than Lindelof. The two issues with him were:

- He couldn't stay fit.
- At that stage he wasn't a leader and always needed a Rio or Vidic besides him to bring about his best.

I had forgotten that name! Yeah Evans had a pretty good pass on him too if I remember correctly.

- He couldn't stay fit.

Evans was absolutely atrocious in his last season before transfer to West Brom. He really needed a change of enviroment at that point.

Evans was absolutely atrocious in his last season before transfer to West Brom. He really needed a change of enviroment at that point.
He had a couple of injury plagued seasons and VG, like most of these Dutch managers, wanted someone left footed to play on the left (remember the Tyler Blackett times?). Evans suffered because of that. Also, like I mentioned in my previous post, he always performed way better when he was paired with either Vidic or Rio. Smalling or Jones didn't have those leadership qualities to bring the best out of him.

The point isn't that he's 'half decent' though, which you can definitely find examples of but whether it's representative of him as a player is for you and others to judge. Like I said before, I was simply providing some extra context to the original post I had quoted. It wasn't really that much of an effort for me to critique a player that has unfortunately spent 7 years here with over 250+ games.

Don't let my posts live rent free in your head.
Daaammmnn. What a stunning reversal.

From the day he arrived he was far too meek and weak to play for a top PL side. He did have some positives and alright periods, but overall just never up to the task. Summed up the level we've been at.

I had forgotten that name! Yeah Evans had a pretty good pass on him too if I remember correctly.
Evan’s long passing was great, he used to be able to switch play with both his left and right foot which I don’t think I’ve seen many other CBs do.

Another player holding us ransom with his high wages.

We should do what Chelsea are doing to Sterling to him.
feck that, I'd rather we treat our employees with respect then act like that garbage club

Should offer him to palace at a lower fee if they sell both guehi and Anderson.

Feel he will be pretty good at a midtable sort of club.

feck that, I'd rather we treat our employees with respect then act like that garbage club

Fair point, although respect should be mutual. Daylight robbing your employer for 7 years should not be tolerated.

He’s part of the losing bunch we’ve had as central figures for years. He’s made a killing dragging a top club to a mediocre place. Us doing everything to get rid of him should not come as a surprise to him.

The boy doesn’t even look like an athlete.

Fair point, although respect should be mutual. Daylight robbing your employer for 7 years should not be tolerated.

He’s part of the losing bunch we’ve had as central figures for years. He’s made a killing dragging a top club to a mediocre place. Us doing everything to get rid of him should not come as a surprise to him.

The boy doesn’t even look like an athlete.
Shown a willigness to play across the back four and even in midfield. The guy has also displayed heroism in his private life to the benfit of a victim of crime. He may not be good enough to be a starter but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be mistreated by the club; there have been all too many explayers and still a few cutrent ones who lack his professionalism on and off the pitch who are much more deserving of getting the stick rather than the carrot.

Strange no clubs wanting to buy him, even for a reduced amount. Could do a job for quite a lot of teams worldwide. Surely knows his time is up at the club and won’t be getting any game time this season.

He is a player who looks alright as long as you don't pay real attention to him. From a surface level take he looks the part, moves well, smooth enough on the ball, rarely makes blatant errors. No substance to it though, passive, allows attackers far too many easy games, total lack of leadership

Remember when Smalling was becoming the scapegoat, the narrative was that his passing was holding Utd back, the constant posting of that awkward looking turn to the right with the ball, he didn't look the part but was actually a very solid player.

Shown a willigness to play across the back four and even in midfield. The guy has also displayed heroism in his private life to the benfit of a victim of crime. He may not be good enough to be a starter but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be mistreated by the club; there have been all too many explayers and still a few cutrent ones who lack his professionalism on and off the pitch who are much more deserving of getting the stick rather than the carrot.
I agree. I dislike him as a player, never good enough for this club, but no need to call out professionalism or anything personal

Be good to get a few million in plus his wages off the books.

Good luck to him if he is off somewhere.

Poor guy that nobody wants him. Even his wife is leaving him.