Victor Lindelof (Out)

We should move him on as we have 5 other CB's on the book. I would take anything over EUR 6m for him.

We should move him on as we have 5 other CB's on the book. I would take anything over EUR 6m for him.
Presuming we planned to buy Yoro and de Ligt, we should never have re-signed Johnny Evans. I like the guy and he did well last season, but we certainly have a glut of CB currently. Yoro, de Ligt, Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof and Evans. We could easily lose 2/3 and not miss them.

I think Erik is concerned that we could suffer another crisis. Yoro is out and none of Maguire, Martinez or De Ligt has a particularly encouraging recent injury history. We had solid offers last summer and he was willing to go but we turned them down, now the interest is not really there.

Presuming we planned to buy Yoro and de Ligt, we should never have re-signed Johnny Evans. I like the guy and he did well last season, but we certainly have a glut of CB currently. Yoro, de Ligt, Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof and Evans. We could easily lose 2/3 and not miss them.

I think Evans is in as a senior CB/mentor kind of role. He also is adept at playing as a LCB and has good ball playing skills. But yeah, you are correct, if we planned to sign two CB's we should have planned to keep only one of them. Could Lindelof's injury be a reason for the lack of interest in him? He is a decent player and I could imagine him doing well in Italy or Spain.

I think Erik is concerned that we could suffer another crisis. Yoro is out and none of Maguire, Martinez or De Ligt has a particularly encouraging recent injury history. We had solid offers last summer and he was willing to go but we turned them down, now the interest is not really there.

6 CB's is still too many. If push comes to shove use someone from the youth teams. Also, a bit stupid to sign de Ligt if we have injury concerns about him.

It'd be fantastic if we could offload him.

I am impressed by our genuine desire to get rid of average players who can languish at the club for years without anyone seeming to notice.

The amount of offloaded players if this happens is ridiculous. I love it.

Hopefully, instead of a buyback clause on this one, we add a clause where we are banned from ever signing him again

I think Evans is in as a senior CB/mentor kind of role. He also is adept at playing as a LCB and has good ball playing skills. But yeah, you are correct, if we planned to sign two CB's we should have planned to keep only one of them. Could Lindelof's injury be a reason for the lack of interest in him? He is a decent player and I could imagine him doing well in Italy or Spain.

6 CB's is still too many. If push comes to shove use someone from the youth teams. Also, a bit stupid to sign de Ligt if we have injury concerns about him.
I agree on Evans, he was re-signed for another year as 5th CB cover. Now we've bought Yoro and De Ligt, Lindelof can go, and we weren't going to sell him before we'd confirmed both those purchases. The injury hasn't helped but maybe now more is known about the extent of it and other clubs aren't as nervous about buying him? Tbh getting anything for him would be good now as he'll go on a free otherwise.

He's now the 6th choice (Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro, Maguire and Evans)

If he priorize the football side, he should leave now. Nevertheless, he can sit in the stand for one year and be free next summer having a big sign on fee (plus this year's wage).

Don't think he wants to play that much, so he will be there this year

Hopefully, instead of a buyback clause on this one, we add a clause where we are banned from ever signing him again
I know you joked, but there is zero chance of any buyback or sell on clause for players his age. Might as well get all the fees upfront rather than leaving some money on the table in exchange for optionality.

Re: several clubs being interested, I think it’s just Ineos being clever and sneaky to get someone (Lazio?) to hurry up and get it sorted out before deadline day.

Yoros entrance means Lindelof moves down one step in pecking order so might be wise to move.Italy would probably be a good move for him. From United’s perspective we have the same amount of defenders as last season:
Varane, Kambwala and AWB out
Yoro, de Ligt and Mazraoui in

Last season we started one PL game with no fit CBs or LBs. We already now have Yoro out for some time, both left backs out, Lindelof injured and Maguire has also had some problems. Sure we have strengthen the defence for a lot of money but the numbers are the same and many of them have awful injury records.

If we move him and Sancho on before the window shuts, the outgoings this window have been incredible.
I wouldn't worry if we don't off load them before the window closes. It's expected that Saudi Pro League have been holding back on signing until the European window shuts. So there's a chance we can off load to them hopefully.

I wouldn't worry if we don't off load them before the window closes. It's expected that Saudi Pro League have been holding back on signing until the European window shuts. So there's a chance we can off load to them hopefully.

Fingers crossed. I think Lindelof unlikely but to be honest I don't mind him being around for the last year and another gone next summer.

Staying as expected. He's as passive about his playing career as he is on the pitch, makes sense. The club have long created conditions conducive for players of his ilk to milk a long stay while being of little value on the field.

With that said, I can see him getting considerable minutes this season if our fitness issues at the back are anything to go by

Another one overstaying his welcome

Hasn’t offered anything in 7 years but I guess this is still the result of when Woodward was running the club

Staying as expected. He's as passive about his playing career as he is on the pitch, makes sense. The club have long created conditions conducive for players of his ilk to milk a long stay while being of little value on the field.

With that said, I can see him getting considerable minutes this season if our fitness issues at the back are anything to go by
For this purpose only, I would refuse to play him and rather play some yougsters. We've got to let average players know there's no place for them.

It is what it is at this point.

If we offload Sancho, then we’ve probably done better than expected.
Shame no Saudi interest for Casemiro though.

Victor probably won’t see many games, but I also assume he’s not got long on his contract

You're right though I expect that to gradually change now as the contracts we issue hopefully get more sensible and we sell players earlier if they don't hit the mark

It is what it is at this point.

If we offload Sancho, then we’ve probably done better than expected.
Shame no Saudi interest for Casemiro though.

Victor probably won’t see many games, but I also assume he’s not got long on his contract
Yeah him and Eriksen will no doubt go in the summer when their contracts expire.

For this purpose only, I would refuse to play him and rather play some yougsters. We've got to let average players know there's no place for them.

Well we sold Kambwala and Fish and sent Bennett out on loan so we do not have any youngsters and contrary to what some seem to think I am sure he is ahead of Evans in the managers eyes if both are fit which with Yoro out makes him 4th choice plus our emergency Left Back. I really do not get why people seem to be so mad at the player, the comments from bogus twitter accounts not withstanding the fact remains that we have not received any bids for him this window, what exactly do people want him to do. Whitwell confirmed before the tour that Lindelof was open to a move this summer but nothing concrete has materialized and so he remains a squad player who has always been completely professional, weird to hate him for that. We missed a trick by not selling him to Inter when we had solid offers last summer or even earlier in his career when Barcelona were interested but that is on the old regime, if you don't like him just be happy that he is into his last 12 months here and INEOS won't be offering an extension to preserve his value.

Well we sold Kambwala and Fish and sent Bennett out on loan so we do not have any youngsters and contrary to what some seem to think I am sure he is ahead of Evans in the managers eyes if both are fit which with Yoro out makes him 4th choice plus our emergency Left Back. I really do not get why people seem to be so mad at the player, the comments from bogus twitter accounts not withstanding the fact remains that we have not received any bids for him this window, what exactly do people want him to do. Whitwell confirmed before the tour that Lindelof was open to a move this summer but nothing concrete has materialized and so he remains a squad player who has always been completely professional, weird to hate him for that. We missed a trick by not selling him to Inter when we had solid offers last summer or even earlier in his career when Barcelona were interested but that is on the old regime, if you don't like him just be happy that he is into his last 12 months here and INEOS won't be offering an extension to preserve his value.
He won't be part of the 25 man PL squad or European squad. No place for him.

You're probably right with the pecking order.

As a Swedish United fan however, I can't stand him. He's the definition of a non-competer. His mediocre standards influences training, the squad and if he plays, our matches. He's been poor for United, and if possible even worse for Sweden.

I just prefer to have his types of personalities as far away from a club I care about as possible.

As a Swedish United fan however, I can't stand him. He's the definition of a non-competer. His mediocre standards influences training, the squad and if he plays, our matches. He's been poor for United, and if possible even worse for Sweden.

I just prefer to have his types of personalities as far away from a club I care about as possible.

I'm the same, I could never warm to him as a Swede and have wished him gone from United for a long time.

As a Swedish United fan however, I can't stand him. He's the definition of a non-competer. His mediocre standard influence training, the squad and if he plays our matches. He's been poor for United, and if possible even worse for Sweden.

I agree and I hope that we won't see this sort of situation with players in the future. In this case we have held on to the point where he really has little value or interest in the market which is a failing of the Glazer led version of the team, amazingly he had serious interest from some big clubs going back 2 or 3 seasons and we might have even sold him for a profit but instead we have just hung on until now we have a somewhat average and injury prone 30 year old who is not going to get offers unless he is on a free.

He won't be part of the 25 man PL squad or European squad. No place for him.

There is enough room for him so I don’t see why he wouldn’t be registered. Like so many he is paid way too much so kind of inevitable he was going to end up running down his contract.

And the fact he is the captain for Sweden. No wonder Sweden have not qualified for any major tournaments since 2020 euro. They are also in Divison C in nations' league