Victor Lindelof (Out)

Let him rot the cnut. Useless fecker. Rarely do you see a CB with that little aggression.

Don't really get the hate for him... He's useful, just not as as starter.

Given what happened to our centre backs last season, i'm not too disappointed if he stays another year I guess. We now have Maguire, De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez, Evans, and Lindelof for two spots. Excessive perhaps but as I said, last year is still fresh in the memory :(

Lindelof is still captain for Sweden which is a travesty. He hasnt delivered for many years and he is good for a bad goal once a game.

As a swede i have no idea how he lasted this long in united. Is it because of Bosman?

Would be absolutely delighted if Lindlelof stays, he's a consummate professional, a very useful player and a great player to fill a hole when required, which he will be.
De Ligt won't stay fit, Yoro already crocked, Evans can't perform multiple games, Lindlelof is a very useful player to have around still.

If he doesnt want to leave after being told he's not wanted then do what Chelsea did, tell him he's getting zero minutes, stick him in the reserves and forget about him.

It seems harsh but we've become a walk over, how many more players will just hang around for the pay cheque until their contract runs out, knowing they'll still get some football at our club because we're weak.

I'm the same, I could never warm to him as a Swede and have wished him gone from United for a long time.
You're probably right with the pecking order.

As a Swedish United fan however, I can't stand him. He's the definition of a non-competer. His mediocre standards influences training, the squad and if he plays, our matches. He's been poor for United, and if possible even worse for Sweden.

I just prefer to have his types of personalities as far away from a club I care about as possible.
Nämen tjenare grabbar...

Well, I was astonished we even went for him in the first place, never thought he was United material back then and he never stepped up. If possible, he even went backwards... City bought the better defender from Benfica :(

If he doesnt want to leave after being told he's not wanted then do what Chelsea did, tell him he's getting zero minutes, stick him in the reserves and forget about him.

It seems harsh but we've become a walk over, how many more players will just hang around for the pay cheque until their contract runs out, knowing they'll still get some football at our club because we're weak.

I don't think we should be modelling ourselves after Chelsea

Would be absolutely delighted if Lindlelof stays, he's a consummate professional, a very useful player and a great player to fill a hole when required, which he will be.
De Ligt won't stay fit, Yoro already crocked, Evans can't perform multiple games, Lindlelof is a very useful player to have around still.
De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, Evans and even Shaw can play there. Heck with us getting Ugarte Case can even provide emergency cover. We don't need him, God knows why we renewed his contract when we planned on signing multiple CBs this summer. He's on good wages too.

Would rather he left and we got a few million for him but if he sticks around for one more year as our emergency CB (and doesn't kick up a fuss) then he's a better option than Casemiro at CB. You can't sell all your deadwood in one window.

Nämen tjenare grabbar...

Well, I was astonished we even went for him in the first place, never thought he was United material back then and he never stepped up. If possible, he even went backwards... City bought the better defender from Benfica :(

I once read an article where Birminghams ex manager Gary Rowett said they had scouted him at Benfica B and Benfica got word and offered him for peanuts. But Birminghams scouts said he was crud and not food enough for the championship. And then their surprise when shortly afterwards he rocked up at Man Utd for £30m

Nämen tjenare grabbar...

Exactly as I said too

Well somebody has to make a bid for him before he can leave so at the risk of sounding like a broken record what do you want they guy to do? We refused offers for him in multiple windows and now you want us to punish him because nobody is offering us anything. The club created this situation not the player so why on earth would we mistreat a squad member who by all appearances is an extremely popular figure in the dressing room? That is only going to end badly and the optics for the club would not be good either.

Another shit that won't flush. It's like we're in an endless torture loop of seeing him & Maguire at the back no matter how many CBs we sign and we can't escape that loop. It's like a punishment.

You just know, all of Martinez, Yoro, De Ligt, Shaw etc will be out with injuries and we'll be having to play these two in the most important fixtures in the middle of the season. Somehow they'll be the only fit CBs and continue to produce the same shit performances to make us a joke.

Even as a swede his nothing special to me. Swedish media has never had any focus on him, hes girlfriend gets more interest.
His just mediocre, bland and has never been anything anything other then that. Seems like a good lad with good manners who is well schooled. Not a starting central defender in top 4 club.

He took over the as the regular captain for the Swedish national team after....... Zlatan. Imagine the contrast.

He pulled a Martial…make sure he’s injured during the transfer window so he can’t be moved. Genius.

I once read an article where Birminghams ex manager Gary Rowett said they had scouted him at Benfica B and Benfica got word and offered him for peanuts. But Birminghams scouts said he was crud and not food enough for the championship. And then their surprise when shortly afterwards he rocked up at Man Utd for £30m
I was surprised about buying him... we can blame the fee on Woodward.

Exactly as I said too
In hindsight Mourinho was right on a lot of players like Pogba, Martial and so on... but who knows what he was thinking when he wanted Lindelöf?

Even as a swede his nothing special to me. Swedish media has never had any focus on him, hes girlfriend gets more interest.
His just mediocre, bland and has never been anything anything other then that. Seems like a good lad with good manners who is well schooled. Not a starting central defender in top 4 club.

He took over the as the regular captain for the Swedish national team after....... Zlatan. Imagine the contrast.
The Lion, the Pitch, and the Exposed

Would rather he left and we got a few million for him but if he sticks around for one more year as our emergency CB (and doesn't kick up a fuss) then he's a better option than Casemiro at CB. You can't sell all your deadwood in one window.

Agree with you stranger

Him and Maguire should walk out together holding hands next summer

Ultimate symbol of incompetence

Everytime this thread is bumped I expect a tweet with a rumour.

Another shit that won't flush. It's like we're in an endless torture loop of seeing him & Maguire at the back no matter how many CBs we sign and we can't escape that loop. It's like a punishment.

You just know, all of Martinez, Yoro, De Ligt, Shaw etc will be out with injuries and we'll be having to play these two in the most important fixtures in the middle of the season. Somehow they'll be the only fit CBs and continue to produce the same shit performances to make us a joke.
Maguire was fine last season and has been fine in the games he has played this season. Sick and tired of people slagging him off for no reason. The only joke here is your post. Call yourself a supporter, farcical.