Tyrell Malacia image 12

Tyrell Malacia Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

He will probably need some time to get back into the swing of things, but lovely to see him on the training pitch again. Seems like a really nice, positive guy and I hope he'll get the time he needs to try to get back to top level. God knows we need left backs!

Someone on Twitter wrote that he is now 25 and hasn’t played since he was 23

Is that true?!
It will be, yeah. As he's not played for about 16 months. His last appearance was at the end of the 22/23 season. And as his birthday is in August, he'd have still been 23 when he last played, and has now just turned 25.

It will be, yeah. As he's not played for about 16 months. His last appearance was at the end of the 22/23 season. And as his birthday is in August, he'd have still been 23 when he last played, and has now just turned 25.
I know it all makes sense, but it feels weird that we signed him at 22 and he is 25 now.

Random fact but I've learnt in recent weeks there's a knee condition called Chondromalacia that seems a bit ironic. Hopefully his knee issues are behind him now.
:lol:

On a serious note, glad he’s almost back. Seems fit and bulked up and every bit as happy as before.

A couple months ago most of us doubted whether he’d ever make it back onto the pitch. Let’s hope he’s ready to play in a couple weeks time and let’s hope he can at least reach the level he was at before getting injured

He and Rashford are really close as well. People need to remember he played a lot of football in Rashford's best season.

JW-BROMANCE-COMP.jpg

Good on him for avoiding the car crash that was last season - silver lining right there!