Tyrell Malacia image 12

Tyrell Malacia Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

So than he hasn’t played for almost 1,5 years? Will be tough to get up to the level we need very soon I’m afraid. Maybe loan him out in januari if he can show he stays fit up until then. He needs a lot of playing time to get up to speed again. I’m not sure if he will be of very much use to us this season. Hopefully he can get back to his positive development to a good player in time.

Reactions: Cheimoon
fecking hell, that is a really long time out. Id be very surprised if he gets back to his original level

What was the issue with him? Don't think we ever got the info?
Two knee ops I believe. First was unsuccessful.

A January loan to somewhere where, as best we can, guarantee games seems the way to go here for me. Likely in Europe I guess with maybe one or two games in the Europa for us if he’s fit enough beforehand.

Two knee ops I believe. First was unsuccessful.

A January loan to somewhere where, as best we can, guarantee games seems the way to go here for me. Likely in Europe I guess with maybe one or two games in the Europa for us if he’s fit enough beforehand.
Back to his former club would be good.

EtH:

”Tyrell is now in a good place. But he is not here [in US] because I only took players who could play games or be available for team training.

"He is not that far [off], but he is now in a progress situation. At a relatively short notice, he can again return into team training and then into team performance in games.

"I think it would be possible [to be available again] in two months."

Always good to see players fighting back from long term injuries

Looks like he's built up the upper body. Hopefully he will start getting minutes early October. Be great bonus.

Good to see him back, looks a bit slow, hope he will not have lost a crazy amount of pace/agility. Was quite a big part of his game. Somewhere in October, he might be back.

A large part of his recovery will be mental. Hopefully that second surgery was successful and he can kick on. Just seeing him on the training ground is inspiring.

Great to see.Hope he makes a full recovery and returns to his previous level,would be massive for us.

”Of course, we want to motivate him to return, but it’s not so easy when you are so long away.

“Over a season now from an injury to return, but he’s working very hard, he’s progressing really well in this moment.

“He’s making big steps, so we think, at short notice, we can expect him in the team training, and he is a talent, it’s natural.

“I expect also, soon, he can return into games then.”

Good news for all involved.
Look forward to having him back, and I hope he can still get to a decent level

Nice.

Expect Luke Shaw will be magically fit and available next week once he hears this news.

Looks like he has bulked up somewhat from that image.
Hopefully he can come back soon as cover will be definitely needed.