Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I’m not his biggest fan, but short term I’d feel conflicted about Bruno going just now until there’s more creativity introduced to the team.

That said however if someone was going to pay 70m+ for him at his age then I think with a longer term view of things it would be good business to take it as it’d be a tidy profit and open up options.

It would take something ridiculous but think of it this way, if they offered Ugarte, Simons and £50mil for Sancho and Bruno, are you saying no? I'm certainly not.
Then we would need to buy Joao Neves and play 4-3-3 with Ugarte-Mainoo-Neves midfield

For PSG? €200m straight. Thanks. Come again.
Fernandes is touching 30. As good as he is, especially to all the starts...been inconsistent for a while, was poor 2/3 of last season and despite the work rate isnt ideal captain for me. I'm not surprised by CAF reaction, but personally decent price should consider a salw

Ugarte+50M is an offer I would accept.

Then we should use that money to go buy Neves.

-------Ugarte
Neves--Mainoo

PSG are looking down the back of the sofa already to find enough cash for Neves.

Nothing to see here - just journos baiting for clicks

But we can buy a new midfielder without selling him too, by selling our shitter players like Sancho, AWB, Lindelöf?

If those three players were "spare" yeah sure. You could use that money to rebuild the midfield l.

But you sell any of them and they need a direct replacement. Maybe Sancho could go without a new wide man coming in but we'd still be left light in the wide areas.

Hypothetically PSG are one of maybe 3 sides in world football that can afford our players with wages and transfer fees.

They are clearly not interested in Rashford however they are interested Jadon Sancho after he destroyed them in the CL SF and Maybe Bruno, United Directors playing it perfectly, more than happy to keep Sancho unless someone offers the right fee which is clearly £40-50m

We are interested in the following players from PSG ; M Ugarte and X Simmons and we are also interested in Zubimendi and D Olmo.

I’d swap Bruno and Sancho (£95m for Bruno & £50m Sancho =£145m) combined Transfer)

For M Ugarte(£45m), Zubimendi(£45m), D Olmo (£50m) and X Simmons on loan (5m) if we can’t get X Simmons go get P Neto on loan with an obligation to buy.

It would take something ridiculous but think of it this way, if they offered Ugarte, Simons and £50mil for Sancho and Bruno, are you saying no? I'm certainly not.
My point exactly we could go buy Olmo and Zubimendi and our midfield is sorted for the next 5-6 years.

Hypothetically PSG are one of maybe 3 sides in world football that can afford our players with wages and transfer fees.

They are clearly not interested in Rashford however they are interested Jadon Sancho after he destroyed them in the CL SF and Maybe Bruno, United Directors playing it perfectly, more than happy to keep Sancho unless someone offers the right fee which is clearly £40-50m

We are interested in the following players from PSG ; M Ugarte and X Simmons and we are also interested in Zubimendi and D Olmo.

I’d swap Bruno and Sancho (£95m for Bruno & £50m Sancho =£145m) combined Transfer)

For M Ugarte(£45m), Zubimendi(£45m), D Olmo (£50m) and X Simmons on loan (5m) if we can’t get X Simmons go get P Neto on loan with an obligation to buy.

Imagine going from the Ironman Bruno to the tinfoilman Olmo. Would get Mount some games in his preferred position though, I guess?

I jest. I really cannot see Bruno moving though.

Lots of people playing FM with Paris money in here today. Bruno is going nowhere, and I doubt Xavi Simons would be an adequate replacement. I’m not sure you can buy the whole package Bruno brings on and off the pitch.

Lots of people playing FM with Paris money in here today. Bruno is going nowhere, and I doubt Xavi Simons would be an adequate replacement. I’m not sure you can buy the whole package Bruno brings on and off the pitch.
The logical view is we keep Bruno one more season where he still retains value especially in Saudi Arabia however, he is clearing looking for a new contract on £350k per week for 4/5 years at 29/30?

That’s a huge gamble for the club, especially if someone offers you £90-100m this summer and more importantly with United distinct lack of actual cash, if PSG or a Saudi club offered that money this summer upfront, United would say yes in a heart beat.

Imagine what thru could do with that in the transfer Market?

A cheap back up who's proven many times that he offers absolutely nothing?

Any money spent on him is a waste. It still doesn't make any sense.
Agree, never get these "cheap options" "they are free".....obviously we cant make all big signings, but every signing should be someobody who offers something, Amrabat has offered very little like all the recent loan signings before him, hasnt been good enough so wouldnt take him on a free

He needs to. He's close to mid 20s now. Absolutely no point keeping him at this stage

Edit: thought he was 24 this year. Still, he's 23 this year and has never come close to establishing himself here, needs to be sold.

Agree, never get these "cheap options" "they are free".....obviously we cant make all big signings, but every signing should be someobody who offers something, Amrabat has offered very little like all the recent loan signings before him, hasnt been good enough so wouldnt take him on a free
Like buying something in Penneys - the best you feel about it is immediately after you’ve bought it for a cheap price, and it’s all downhill from there. If you buy expensive quality the worst you feel about it is when you pay for it, and after that you just enjoy the quality

Reactions: sizzling sausages
A cheap back up who's proven many times that he offers absolutely nothing?

Any money spent on him is a waste. It still doesn't make any sense.

Wern't people saying he was our best player in a couple of games including the cup final against city once he was played in his correct position?

I'm not fighting his corner btw, just i remember him being raved about a couple of times. Playing devil's advocat I will say he had no pre season, was signed mid season and thrown into a team playing terribly and was played out of position at left back. I'm not against the signing if he's coming as a replacement for MCT in terms of a squad player (and can play a few positions in a pinch) but who's certainly a better CM than MCT. If we can get him for 10million euros it might not be the worst idea for squad depth (on the basis we ship out mct). I think if we get him on the super cheap (e.g no where close to 20mil) then it's a risk free move.

Amrabat's an acceptable player. A better one than he showed for much of last season - it was a poor one for the club, and a stop-start one for him. Like with so many of our players in a 'worse than the sum of our parts' season, we definitely failed to get the best out of him. It's not a high ceiling, and he's not the starting answer to any of our problems. But there's a useful enough squad player there provided the fee is cheap enough.

I agree with the club not paying his release fee. If we can negotiate a much lower fee then I could see him being a decent enough squad addition for depth. But only so long as his signing doesn't prevent us getting any of the much more key ones that we need. But I don't think it will if we're looking to negotiate it down to a reasonably low fee.