Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

IMPORTANT: Thread Policy New
Following recent discussion, we are opening the thread for discussion again. However, as the reply banner says: please use the thread only for tweets and initial discussion about tweets. Any longer discussion or other subjects should be taken to subject-specific threads. Where people don't follow the guidance, thread bans and warnings will be issued.

Note: for those who want only the tweets, you can't a feed for that here: https://www.redcafe.net/transfer-tweets/ (available through the top menu bar on the home page).

I like Ugarte but he is not a €60m player I'm sorry. Walk away and go and sign other players. Fofana, Berge, Rabiot. Any 2 of the 3 is fine. We just need more guys who are comfortable on the ball.

I Hope this is true.

I think the next week or so will be quiet but teams will start to panic after that and we have a lot of players available. Just make sure he's not in the match squad and he'll want to leave. He's too old to not be playing at this stage in his career.

I thought Eriksen changed his tune a bit recently. Second half of last season he indicated he wanted out and wanted to play, I think he did an interview this summer saying he's happy enough to see out his contract. I wouldn't sell him personally, he's very useful.

I thought Eriksen changed his tune a bit recently. Second half of last season he indicated he wanted out and wanted to play, I think he did an interview this summer saying he's happy enough to see out his contract. I wouldn't sell him personally, he's very useful.
Is he? I think he's past it to be honest. Legs have gone and hasn't looked sharp in a while.

Is he? I think he's past it to be honest. Legs have gone and hasn't looked sharp in a while.
I think he always looks sharp higher up, if he's deeper he get badly exposed. Maybe the way we pack the midfield now, he will be better, Casemiro already looked better for it.

The Italian club would prefer a loan deal for the 27-year-old Scotland midfielder as it is understood that their transfer budget doesn’t stretch to United’s asking price of £25-30million.

If they can’t even afford £25m then move on. They wouldn’t be paying it next season either so no point in loaning him out as he WILL still get game time if he stays.
It’s a sale or nothing. It’s £25m + or nothing.

We're not going to spend whatever they're asking. Swap deals require transfer of funds and that's not gonna happen. Regardless of what we're asking for Sancho.
What do you mean by "Swap deals require transfer of funds" and why can't that happen?

What do you mean by "Swap deals require transfer of funds" and why can't that happen?
I mean every swap deal is basically teams agreeing to sign each other's players for an agreed amount on both sides that inflate values to help each other's books. Not too much though, gotta be around market value. It's not a literal swapping of players. Just mutual transfers that are agreed at the same time.

Man Utd might not want it on their books though that they paid 60m euros for Ugarte so if PSG don't lower that price then the deals might not go through.

I mean every swap deal is basically teams agreeing to sign each other's players for an agreed amount on both sides that inflate values to help each other's books. Not too much though, gotta be around market value. It's not a literal swapping of players. Just mutual transfers that are agreed at the same time.

Man Utd might not want it on their books though that they paid 60m euros for Ugarte so if PSG don't lower that price then the deals might not go through.
Sure, but that's not a problem. Currently United owes Sancho (roughly) £200k a week or £10M a year for 2 more years. There's also £30M left of his transfer fee to be amortized. So that means for PSR purposes our expenses are:

Year 1: £10M wages + £15M amortization = £25M
Year 2: £10M wages + £15M amortization = £25M

If we swap Sancho and Ugarte via a simultaneous transaction and pay Ugarte £200k a week it'd look like this on our books:

Year 1: £10M (Ugarte) wages + £15M (Ugarte) amortization - £ = £25M
Year 2: £10M (Ugarte) wages + £15M (Ugarte) amortization - £ = £25M

Costs us nothing on net, because Ugarte takes over Sancho's remaining amortization based on PSR/FFP rules. If we swapped Sancho plus gave PSG £10M, then we would just amortize the extra £10M over the life of Ugarte's contract. And all of this is much better financially than just buying Ugarte and keeping Sancho, which if we paid £40M for Ugarte's fee and gave him a 5 year contract at £200k a week would look like this:

Year 1: £10M (Sancho) wages + £15M (Sancho) amortization + £10M (Ugarte) wages + £8M (Ugarte) amortization = £43M
Year 2: £10M (Sancho) wages + £15M (Sancho) amortization + £10M (Ugarte) wages + £8M (Ugarte) amortization = £43M

Sorry, I know this is a long post for this thread. All this is just to illustrate a swap is far more favorable to us than an outright buy financially.

Reactions: Dargonk