Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Imagine how little money there would have been available if we hadn't made Europa and also paid out on sacking Ten Hag.

Bit concerning that we've only signed two players and already need to sell to buy again. How fecked are our finances?

It’s all about FFP and also ETH playing the ”we have no money” game.

We clearly want Urgate and De Ligt, but we want both cheaper than their current clubs are currently willing to do business at.
Same game with McT, he’ll keep him if Fulham or another club doesn’t provide us with decent enough funds.

Bit concerning that we've only signed two players and already need to sell to buy again. How fecked are our finances?
Doesn't help that management is saying they want to retain the same dross that got us 8th last year because except in some cloud cuckoo scenario where they get top Dollar for them. I can't even be arsed anymore. When we are ready to be serious, it will show in our dealings.

We haven’t spent 50m net.

@Messier1994 does a much better job than I ever could of explaining it all.

Purchases minus sales we have (give or a take a couple of million). I'm well aware of what amortisation is. It's not a new thing despite many talking like it is.

A lot of words in that tweet but all that matters is what they are willing to spend in the end, trying to turn around what has become a loss making club. What they can/can't do under PSR etc is largely irrelevant this summer.

Purchases minus sales we have (give or a take a couple of million). I'm well aware of what amortisation is. It's not a new thing despite many talking like it is.

A lot of words in that tweet but all that matters is what they are willing to spend in the end, trying to turn around what has become a loss making club. What they can/can't do under PSR etc is largely irrelevant this summer.

No-one talks like it’s new, but lots do talk absolute nonsense.

If we for example have just 50m in ready cash that we can transfer over this Summer, that obviously doesn’t mean 50 + 40 - 20 - 10 - 10 = 50m spent. It’s much more complex than that as the Chelsea circus has shown everyone.

No-one talks like it’s new, but lots do talk absolute nonsense.

If we for example have just 50m in ready cash that we can transfer over this Summer, that obviously doesn’t mean 50 + 40 - 20 - 10 - 10 = 50m spent. It’s much more complex than that as the Chelsea circus has shown everyone.
The (let's call it old school) simple view is what was been referred to by the Athletic who are generally pretty good. I'd be surprised if they are far away by the end of summer but we'll see.

The (let's call it old school) simple view is what was been referred to by the Athletic who are generally pretty good. I'd be surprised if they are far away by the end of summer but we'll see.

They were wrong by what? €30m last Summer and about €80m the previous Summer in fairness, but you can’t blame them because it’s never as simple as “we have 50m and this guy costs 50m”.

If anything, history tells us we’ll spend a fair chunk more than what The Athletic say, if we’re going on simple “total fixed transfer fee”.

They were wrong by what? €30m last Summer and about €80m the previous Summer in fairness, but you can’t blame them because it’s never as simple as “we have 50m and this guy costs 50m”.

If anything, history tells us we’ll spent a fair chunk more than what The Athletic say.
Well known the 'budget' changed in 2022 after the poor start. Sadly we're now paying the price for those two terrible purchases.

Obviously nothing is set in stone but bear in at recent spending levels (wages, amortisation etc) the club has been making losses so I wouldn't necessarily expect more of the same. Sales are key.

Just had a tweet deleted which was originally from the Twitter user “Academy Scoop.”

The fact Ornstein is happy to use him as a source but not here is a bit weird

It was the only time that account got anything right. The majority of the time, they've been speculative and got things wrong on multiple occasions.

Rios is a beast in the middle. He reminds me of another Colombian from the past, Freddy Guarin who was a machine at his peak( short one). He is more box to box than holding but defend extremely well and uses his long legs very well. He's a great dribbler and can beat the press with his skill and ability to drive forward with the ball, those long strides help him a lot. Onana type of player but better offensively. Would be a very good signing especially if we lose McTominay too, he has a knack for scoring important goals with late runs like Scott. He and Ugarte would be solid solid business.

Yeah those leeches are expecting miracles from INEOS despite the fact their decade of structure neglect and overspending has effectively tied the club’s hands financially

Yeah those leeches are expecting miracles from INEOS despite the fact their decade of structure neglect and overspending has effectively tied the club’s hands financially

It’s not just financial but squad roles. We’ve had bloated squads for years. While I’d like De Ligt or whatever it doesn’t make sense unless Lindelof or Maguire can be shifted even if he’s a better player. Or rather before we pull the trigger we should be sure that the deal to move one on is far enough along that we don’t get left with one too many.

Rios is a beast in the middle. He reminds me of another Colombian from the past, Freddy Guarin who was a machine at his peak( short one). He is more box to box than holding but defend extremely well and uses his long legs very well. He's a great dribbler and can beat the press with his skill and ability to drive forward with the ball, those long strides help him a lot. Onana type of player but better offensively. Would be a very good signing especially if we lose McTominay too, he has a knack for scoring important goals with late runs like Scott. He and Ugarte would be solid solid business.

Yeah can certainly drive forward with the ball

Great point. Hes ahead now because his physique is. He will not always have that advantage.

I can’t stress enough the difference between youth football and men’s football
yea its never a done deal unless you are greenwoodyouknow who or kobbie , they don't come along too often .

PSG have made a contractual offer to Jadon Sancho. The positions are close together.

From Parisian sources, the MU winger is extremely excited by the project presented by PSG

It remains to be seen whether Manchester United will wish to release their player and at what price

PSG have made a contractual offer to Jadon Sancho. The positions are close together.

From Parisian sources, the MU winger is extremely excited by the project presented by PSG

It remains to be seen whether Manchester United will wish to release their player and at what price

Too good to be true, surely.

Oh please

It’s all about FFP and also ETH playing the ”we have no money” game.

We clearly want Urgate and De Ligt, but we want both cheaper than their current clubs are currently willing to do business at.
Same game with McT, he’ll keep him if Fulham or another club doesn’t provide us with decent enough funds.
It;s not just about FFP. If you look at our transfer obligations in comparison to what is coming in, you get a better picture. We a suffering from blowing 1bn on poor transfers in the last decade.

We shouldn't hold back, we should negotiate and get a fair price, getting his wage off would do us the world of good

How reliable is the source?

I've always loved PSG. Wonderful news. Hope its true.