Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Fernandes is touching 30. As good as he is, especially to all the starts...been inconsistent for a while, was poor 2/3 of last season and despite the work rate isnt ideal captain for me. I'm not surprised by CAF reaction, but personally decent price should consider a salw
Agreed. When its not going right for him he can be truly awful. He is an incredibly frustrating player, despite his incredible ability.

On paper, we could make a long-term play by selling Bruno and bringing in Xavi Simons. Possibly similar fees while we get younger and maybe a player with more long-term upside. Simons would certainly fit the age profile of our forward line better whereas Bruno might be past his peak before Garnacho, Hojlund, Zirkzee etc reach theirs.

It would be a bold call to make though and might leave us a bit short in experience though Bruno hardly exudes composure and leadership.

I reckon that’d be a terrible deal and he’d flop massively here.

I would love Mazroui. Great competition for Dalot, and can cover at LB as well. Also inverts really well into midfield, and can overlap for wingers. But his injury record is a concern right?
A right back who can cover left back would come in handy given the issues on that side last season. Interesting West Ham are also in the mix given their interest in Wan Bissaka.

Interesting point about the market meaning they'll probably have to ask for less. That does feel like the state of the market at the moment. Another reason why Everton pointing at previous market prices - for more established and proven defenders - seemed wrong.

We are so active and I’m loving it. This has been needed for 10 years.

Anyone get the feeling now that United are seen as being active the journos and agents are making hay with us.

Same as ever really

Give us Ugarte and yous can have him

Hard to say because I think it's clear we have a number of options for a number of positions. I believe we were in for that Everton defender and are after de ligt and ugarte. Could well be sounding out others as well.

As always some rumours are false but I think unlike previous years where we have one plan this summer it feels like we have options and I haven't seen too many mad rumours, but then I generally come here for my transfer gossip/ news and lots of the crap journos who probably are doing that are banned.

It would send a horrible message to get rid of the captain and our most creative player. Not only to the supporters, but to the dressing room. Regardless of who we sign, losing Bruno would be horrendous news.

If people want to use the words injury and prone - Mazraoui is a good player to use them on.....

We cant afford to lose Bruno - the only experienced player we can truly rely on.

Do you think Bruno is the difference for us to make top 4 spot? Given the signings we have made so far and expected more players to arrive before the end of the transfer window

Personally it’d be an unwise decision to turn down £80m+ for a 30 year old where we are not close to challenge the league in the next two years.

Herpes bo burpees, banana Fofana furpees, herpes. Do not want. :rolleyes:

No, you've got it all wrong. If the first two letters are ever the same, you drop them both and say the name like Fofana, Fofana drop the F, ofana.

So you'd have: Fofana, Fofana, Bofana, Bo-na-na-fanna, Ofana, fi-fi-mo Mofana, Fofana.

Terrible target if true. Has never managed 30 league games in a season, (...), and also fell out with national team coach. Assuming dalot will be our right back, i just dont see the position as a priority if AWB is a sub right back. We sell him for 10m and what? There's nobody to get that's better at around that fee.

Post edited by moderation.

Last edited by a moderator:
We cant afford to lose Bruno - the only experienced player we can truly rely on.
He signed a new deal in April 2022, contracted until and becomes a free agent in 2026. Where is the noise about him leaving coming from, is he angling for a new contract? With all the new signing and the INEOS hand on the tiller, you'd think Bruno would be happier than ever to be captaining this side. Selling him would be worse than the Onana-in-for-DeGea debacle.

Do you think Bruno is the difference for us to make top 4 spot? Given the signings we have made so far and expected more players to arrive before the end of the transfer window

Personally it’d be an unwise decision to turn down £80m+ for a 30 year old where we are not close to challenge the league in the next two years.
A 30 year-old who plays like he's 24, has provided 54 goals, 40 assists, in 159 matches, in a team that couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo. Fernandinho played for City until he was 38. Bruno looks in that mould.

I am not saying we will reach top 4 with Bruno - but I am saying we wont reach it without him. And I get the money-thing - but we have so few experienced players - we cant let him go as well

No, you've got it all wrong. If the first two letters are ever the same, you drop them both and say the name like Fofana, Fofana drop the F, ofana.

So you'd have: Fofana, Fofana, Bofana, Bo-na-na-fanna, Ofana, fi-fi-mo Mofana, Fofana.

Don´t forget Mofarah.

Agreed, you could just about get Neves or Wharton with that money. Would be a great long-term decision.

A 30 year-old who plays like he's 24, has provided 54 goals, 40 assists, in 159 matches, in a team that couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo. Fernandinho played for City until he was 38. Bruno looks in that mould.
I don’t share the same optimism, realistically how many players are like Fernandinho and Ronaldo? Players can deteriorate very quickly, i.e. Casemiro is our prime example.

:lol:No, you've got it all wrong. If the first two letters are ever the same, you drop them both and say the name like Fofana, Fofana drop the F, ofana.

Thanks for the advice. :+1: Still don’t want herpes. It’s a sore point.

Thanks for the advice. :+1: Still don’t want herpes. It’s a sore point.

In that case herpes isn't a person's name so you can't play the name game with it.

'Suck it and see' sounds a more appropriate game and as long as you play with the lights on you should be able to avoid herpes.

Don´t forget Mofarah.
article-0-1A241714000005DC-781_634x697.jpg