Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

The only logical reason I can think of dragging this out was in case we didn't get our first choice transfer in midfield and Amrabat was a last ditch option?

Thank god we're not signing him permanently. Hopefully means we'll get our target shortly.

I get the feeling it's a bit like a mortgage chain and we have a number of deals in process but we want to get all our ducks in a row before signing them, to avoid other parties making the terms less favourable after any announcements.

I can see Lindelof and McT going at least and Ugarte and another CB coming in. AWB also looks nailed on to leave and reckon we have a deal in principle in place after that happens.

Other than that, I'm sure there is work on Case, Erikson, Sancho.

The lovely thing is you feel the people making decisions seem empowered to move quickly and have multiple quality targets for each position actively being worked on.

It’s just €20m; why are we haggling over this?
No team is going to pay that for Amrabat. If he is available for half that, then we may be back in for him. However can't afford to spend big on him when we have bigger priorities/better players (Ugarte, De Ligt) to finance.

It’s just €20m; why are we haggling over this?
I believe there was a tweet some weeks back saying that Fiorentina would consider lower offers for Amrabat. If I remember correctly, the figure mentioned in the tweet was 13M Euros.

However, it is just a tweet and sometimes these guys pull stuff out from their asses. I am glad though that we aren't paying that 20m for now and focusing on other targets (Ugarte).

Let's hope Chido Obi Martin does choose us, would be a great addition and a better option than Toney. Looks like he's been touting himself about, so it'll be pot luck who he finally opts for. Fingers crossed.
Eh? It’s a signing for our youth teams. What are you on about?

As long as he's a blend between Romario and Dennis Law, I'm sure Van Nistelrooy can iron out the rest of his game by the time he's 16 and three quarters.
But in ten years time he'll be 26, his dad will have a middle aged belly and the lad will have to the Dam for stag weekend.

DO NOT WANT.

Eh? It’s a signing for our youth teams. What are you on about?

While I do agree the remark about Toney is way of the top, I would not be too sure that it would be a signing for our youth team. I think this could be a Sancho/Bellingham*-case; he will leave for a club that can offer him being a part of the senior team. Both due to how easy U18 was for him and how physically developed he look.

Bellingham was only a few months older when he left for Dortmund and started playing regularly there. Yamal has played consistently for a year now and is born the same year. A player with his physique and talent will be looking for senior football.

While I do agree the remark about Toney is way of the top, I would not be too sure that it would be a signing for our youth team. I think this could be a Sancho/Bellingham*-case; he will leave for a club that can offer him being a part of the senior team. Both due to how easy U18 was for him and how physically developed he look.

Bellingham was only a few months older when he left for Dortmund and started playing regularly there. Yamal has played consistently for a year now and is born the same year. A player with his physique and talent will be looking for senior football.
He’s 16

United will want to observe him at close quarters before possibly loaning him for experience

He’s 16

United will want to observe him at close quarters before possibly loaning him for experience
Loaning him? If he's an elite talent like he's projected to be, in a year or two he'll be around the first team the same way Garnacho and Mainoo were. Neither was loaned out.We don't always loan out academy players before putting them in the first team, if they show enough promise they'll be promoted.

Loaning him? If he's an elite talent like he's projected to be, in a year or two he'll be around the first team the same way Garnacho and Mainoo were. Neither was loaned out.We don't always loan out academy players before putting them in the first team, if they show enough promise they'll be promoted.
I said “possibly”. That was to address the point that he’s got a bigger physique for his age. It may be that some short loan time will help develop him as there is a world of difference from youth levels to PL level. There’s not a uniform way for everyone, what may work for some won’t work for others

He’s 16

Then he will go to Dortmund. This is low risk, high reward. The risk being us waiting six to twelve months with signing another proven striker.

There is a reason he turned down Arsenal.

Then he will go to Dortmund. This is low risk, high reward. The risk being us waiting six to twelve months with signing another proven striker.

There is a reason he turned down Arsenal.
He has to be realistic. He’s not going to rock onto the PL at 16. What we can offer is a good development mapped out for him; working with one of the leagues most legendary towards (Ruud).

We have to get away from over hyping and building unrealistic expectations of 16 and 17 year old kids. It happened last season with Amass too.

Last edited:
He has to be realistic. He’s not going to rock onto the PL at 16. What we can offer is a good development mapped out for him; working with one of the leagues most legendary towards (Ruud).

We have to get away with over hyping and building unrealistic expectations of 16 and 17 year old kids. It happened last season with Amass too.

I agree that the hype on Amass was too much and that is often the case.

I also agree that there is a good chance Chido is far from good enough from the PL yet. But he probably also feel, rightfully, that he is way too good for U18-football. After scoring one goal from open play every 55th minute that is probably fair. That is figures players like Greenwood, Rashford and Garnacho are not even close too, three players that all skipped U21-football.

Good enough or not, Chido is in demand and will move to a club that offers him senior football. If he wanted a loan he would stay at Arsenal.

I agree that the hype on Amass was too much and that is often the case.

I also agree that there is a good chance Chido is far from good enough from the PL yet. But he probably also feel, rightfully, that he is way too good for U18-football. After scoring one goal from open play every 55th minute that is probably fair. That is figures players like Greenwood, Rashford and Garnacho are not even close too, three players that all skipped U21-football.

Good enough or not, Chido is in demand and will move to a club that offers him senior football. If he wanted a loan he would stay at Arsenal.
He needs to understand though that at 16 years old he is not going to walk into a first team, even if it’s Germany. If he’s too good for u18 level then he tries u23. Look at Charlie McNeil, his record was outstanding but I can’t see beyond the championship level at best. People need to stop blowing hot air up this guys ass and start being realistic with him. At 16 he needs to be patient

Last edited:
He needs to understand though that at 16 years old he is not going to walk into a first team, even if it’s Germany. If he’s too good for u18 level then he tries u23. Look at Charlie McNeil, his record was outstanding but I can’t see beyond the championship level at best. People need to stop blowing hope air up this guys ass and start being realistic with him. At 16 he needs to be patient
yea and the fact that he is 6 foot 2 at 16 and is just bullying the lads in his age group means nothing when they all catch up at 18-19 . hope we sign him but he needs to be humble and accept that he will be going on loan before he gets giddy thinking he is ready for the first team .

yea and the fact that he is 6 foot 2 at 16 and is just bullying the lads in his age group means nothing when they all catch up at 18-19 . hope we sign him but he needs to be humble and accept that he will be going on loan before he gets giddy thinking he is ready for the first team .
Great point. Hes ahead now because his physique is. He will not always have that advantage.

I can’t stress enough the difference between youth football and men’s football

Look at Charlie McNeil, his record was outstanding

At the time when he was two years older than Chido, McNeil scored one goal every 78 min at U18-level. That was outstanding. Chido had one goal every 55 min. Over 3000 min that is a difference of 40 goals to 28 goals.

I dont think he expect to walk into a PL or BL-side. But he is in demand by Bayern, Dortmund and Man Utd. And I think he expect to see a clear path to minutes for a senior team in 24/25.

At the time when he was two years older than Chido, McNeil scored one goal every 78 min at U18-level. That was outstanding. Chido had one goal every 55 min. Over 3000 min that is a difference of 40 goals to 28 goals.

I dont think he expect to walk into a PL or BL-side. But he is in demand by Bayern, Dortmund and Man Utd. And I think he expect to see a clear path to minutes for a senior team in 24/25.
If he’s expecting first team minutes at age 16 he’s got bad advisors

Better than saying he is poo and we will be glad to sell him to the first bid for peanuts.
I do think that might also be behind the Sancho patch-up - although in that case you might wonder why Sancho would play along, since it probably increases his price and therefore might lower interest (although clubs might anyway prefer a player that is not on bad terms with his manager).

Anyway, we'll all see in due course.

Bit concerning that we've only signed two players and already need to sell to buy again. How fecked are our finances?

Bit concerning that we've only signed two players and already need to sell to buy again. How fecked are our finances?
If you look around, how many PL clubs are doing a lot of deals? Everyone is cautious about PFR or whatever it’s called. About time too

Very, after years of mismanagement.

The Athletic said we had a budget of around £50m net before the summer which is where we're already at.