Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

For what it's worth I think we will get both De Ligt and Ugarte but then that'll probably be the end of the window.

For what it's worth I think we will get both De Ligt and Ugarte but then that'll probably be the end of the window.

Agree. Can’t ask for more in a single window. Many gaps would have been filled if we manage to get those to aswell.

Further signings would surely depend on sales. If Wan-Bissaka goes for instance

But it won’t be enough. We will need one more midfielder and preferably 1 full back on top of those

Maguire is 31. He's been on top money for years now. He'll have a decision to make whether he wants first team football elsewhere or play a bit part at United. I can honestly see him taking 4th choice centre back at United option. For whatever you think of him, he seems to love it here. If you take the captaincy from him and openly state he's no longer first choice, and he STILL stays, then is there any moving him on?

Maguire is 31. He's been on top money for years now. He'll have a decision to make whether he wants first team football elsewhere or play a bit part at United. I can honestly see him taking 4th choice centre back at United option. For whatever you think of him, he seems to love it here. If you take the captaincy from him and openly state he's no longer first choice, and he STILL stays, then is there any moving him on?
I think if he had an offer from a team in the league he'd leave. For all the hate he gets he does want to play and would probably take a pay cut to do it. Especially as he'd have eyes on the coming world cup.

I think if he had an offer from a team in the league he'd leave. For all the hate he gets he does want to play and would probably take a pay cut to do it. Especially as he'd have eyes on the coming world cup.
Uhhh? He had West Ham come in for him last season. We accepted a bid. He refused to leave because he didn't want to take a pay cut. A season leading up the Euros. He literally did the exact opposite of what you're saying

Uhhh? He had West Ham come in for him last season. We accepted a bid. He refused to leave because he didn't want to take a pay cut. A season leading up the Euros. He literally did the exact opposite of what you're saying
I think maybe that might be the feedback loop that makes him think about the WC.

However I very much doubt he would get a look in for the WC. Both players who played his position in the euros excelled. Very unlikely with his limitations and age that he's going to play himself back into contention for a tournament two years away.

Nice to see that with a real football project to sell to new players the pulling power of United is nearly unrivaled world wide. It’s clear to see how effective the new structure works in contrast to the last years. Now there is hoping that we can really get back on track. Can’t wait for the season

Quite frankly i'm glad that further opportunity to improve the squad is dependent on sales because we are maybe the worst big club going at selling players. We carry deadwood and continue to reward them and increase their salaries. Insane financial mismanagement.

That was a reliable French journalist. I think he'd know more about Rabiots potential destinations than that Ducker. Pun intended.
Someone on twitter said he was a reliable journalist and everyone else assumed that he was one on that basis. He's listed as "shit tier" for PSG news and doesn't get a mention on any other lists.

Someone on twitter said he was a reliable journalist and everyone else assumed that he was one on that basis. He's listed as "shit tier" for PSG news and doesn't get a mention on any other lists.

Yeah time to move on with this,given up any hope of him signing after seeing that Ducker tweet. Will have to find another midfield muppet free agent as Ugarte on his own isn't enough.

Our best teams always had some dicks in them. Just look at the recent treble documentary and how many disliked each other.

As for Rabiot, his negotiations have always been overblown. His salary at PSG was really quite low when he was negotiating. His salary at Juventus is around £140k a week which is nothing special.
Yeah, hard working and football driven dicks aka leaders. Not cnuts who disrespect the manager, their teammates and the club, and would rather sit up til 3am playing COD

And if there were players who stepped out of line in that way, they’d be out.

I wonder if ten Hag is conscious of the criticism of his signings, particularly the Dutch contingent.
Read his latest interview and you will get your answer straight from the horses mouth, not some twitter source taking things out of context.

I wonder if ten Hag is conscious of the criticism of his signings, particularly the Dutch contingent.

Also, what superpowers are we buying and who are they for? (De grootmacht)
I wonder if you bothered to read his interview, or just chose to ignore it because it didn't suit.

This would be exceptional, further signs we have brought in brilliant footballing people that we have been missing

In fairness - him rejecting Arsenals contract offer and becomes available - has very little to do with the new people in charge. Even under the old people, we picked up some pretty decent footballers

Did not see this one coming. A talent that is bringing interest from all the usual suspects. Looks ready to play first team football already at 16. Would be another huge statement if we could get this guy signed.

This would be exceptional, further signs we have brought in brilliant footballing people that we have been missing
See, now you've got me worried about the outcry should he opt to go to Germany.

"Bellingham all over again. Can't even get a 16-year-old to stay in the country. Might as well have kept Woodward. #SackAshworthSellRatcliffe"

In fairness - him rejecting Arsenals contract offer and becomes available - has very little to do with the new people in charge. Even under the old people, we picked up some pretty decent footballers
That's true, lucky coincidence maybe.

But if we beat some of the other top clubs, I'll still give them credit for whatever pitch they gave him for his future at the club.

See, now you've got me worried about the outcry should he opt to go to Germany.

"Bellingham all over again. Can't even get a 16-year-old to stay in the country. Might as well have kept Woodward. #SackAshworthSellRatcliffe"
It's inevitable around here unfortunately

One of the few positives about being crap - is that most summers are exciting because a lot of stuff happens. During the Fergie years- there were quite a few summers with endless rumours and we ended up signing one player.

Did not see this one coming. A talent that is bringing interest from all the usual suspects. Looks ready to play first team football already at 16.
If we indeed plan to play him in the first team (at least off the bench), then it makes sense.

From the videos Chido Obi Martin looks mad. And he's 16? Sheesh. Sign him up.