Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Selling Mount would make absolutely zero sense whatsoever. It's a silly rumor. He has barely played because of injury. Why would he be sold when he is relatively untested within the squad and we would be selling at a massive loss?

It's such a weird rumour to make up because it makes no sense, but its also not going to drive a huge amount of clicks because honestly who gives a feck either way at this point.

Graeme Bailey would be better off linking us to Neymar or something like that

They can't play lowball if we are selling quality players, unfortunately lot of the players we are trying to offload are off the mark.

We can only change it by letting them go on cheap but going forward sign the best players whose value can sore, so we can hit back teams in opposite way.

Wouldn't say AWB is a 'low quality' player. There's a huge middle ground between being a bad payer and not being good enough for a top 4 team who wants to dominate most games.

He's 26, has bundles of PL and European experience by this point and is actually a very good player. He's comfortably good enough to be a very good starting 11 player for a team like West Ham for 5+ years and they'll likely still be able to shift him for 5/10 mill down the line.

But if they know we want to sell, why wouldn't they wait another 3-4 weeks and see if we'll drop 5 or so million off the price? We might speak about it as though it's monopoly money but it's a crap ton of cash. Particularly with PSR being so hot now, saving 5 mill on several deals actually amounts to an awful lot of money and could be the difference between skirting around a points deduction or not.

They are doing the right thing for their business, we just need to also do the same for ours.

Then surely they move on. Don't turn it into another FDJ saga.
Definitely. I'm not really that bothered anyway, good defender but nowhere near worth what they're asking. De Ligt is a much, much better player, a great age, has CL experience and would be cheaper. English player valuations are ridiculous.

Think we are seeing who blinks first with Bayern over DeLigt, since they need the funds for Tah.

Think we are seeing who blinks first with PSG over Ugarte, since they need the funds for Neves.

Think we are seeing who blinks first with Bayern over DeLigt, since they need the funds for Tah.

Think we are seeing who blinks first with PSG over Ugarte, since they need the funds for Neves.

Yeah INEOS deciding it's time to play some chess

We'll get De Ligt and Ugarte. If we're at the table with both clubs for those players, I've got absolute confidence for the first time in decades we'll get it done.

That makes things easy for us. Buy DeLigt and retain Lindelof for another year. Between Licha, DeLigt, Yoro, Maguire, Lindelof, and Evans - that's plenty of options to ride with.

We will need to sell Lindelof/Maguire to fund it

We will need to sell Lindelof/Maguire to fund it
Not actually fund it but to have space in the squad for them. One of Lindelof/Maguire are bound to be unhappy with their playing time if we get De Ligt too without selling.

Maybe because I haven’t really been following the transfer mill as close as I used to compared to the the Ed Woodward days but it’s such a breath of fresh to see how the club has conducted business so far this window, no long drawn out sagas, recklessly over bidding for average players and most importantly not wasting time on targets with zero intention on joining.

That makes things easy for us. Buy DeLigt and retain Lindelof for another year. Between Licha, DeLigt, Yoro, Maguire, Lindelof, and Evans - that's plenty of options to ride with.
They can stick him up their arse.

It won’t happen but going into the season with just Yoro instead of Varane is already an upgrade. If we can add de Ligt or Branthwaite then we are flying it for CB. As has been said above we could probably move on Lindelof and possibly even Maguire but I’d keep Maguire. He’s a good player, excellent squad option for another year. Lindelof is too passive for a team wanting to play high and aggressive. He doesn’t complain about not playing though and he’s a solid squad option. A lot of our former starters are perfectly capable squad options as much as people want change. The main focus has to be and surely is improving the first 11. The squad will take care of itself if we keep the talent moving

We'll get De Ligt and Ugarte. If we're at the table with both clubs for those players, I've got absolute confidence for the first time in decades we'll get it done.
They have gone on record that we are their preferred destination and both clubs want to sell to reinvest the funds elsewhere

It won’t happen but going into the season with just Yoro instead of Varane is already an upgrade. If we can add de Ligt or Branthwaite then we are flying it for CB. As has been said above we could probably move on Lindelof and possibly even Maguire but I’d keep Maguire. He’s a good player, excellent squad option for another year. Lindelof is too passive for a team wanting to play high and aggressive. He doesn’t complain about not playing though and he’s a solid squad option. A lot of our former starters are perfectly capable squad options as much as people want change. The main focus has to be and surely is improving the first 11. The squad will take care of itself if we keep the talent moving
We also lost Kambwala though and still at times had to play midfielders in defence

Why would we go for him? I really don't want the club to continue signing cnuts. Focus on signing good lads who also happen to be great footballers too and move away from this rotten player-driven, cash-driven culture here

Our best teams always had some dicks in them. Just look at the recent treble documentary and how many disliked each other.

As for Rabiot, his negotiations have always been overblown. His salary at PSG was really quite low when he was negotiating. His salary at Juventus is around £140k a week which is nothing special.

Our best teams always had some dicks in them. Just look at the recent treble documentary and how many disliked each other.

As for Rabiot, his negotiations have always been overblown. His salary at PSG was really quite low when he was negotiating. His salary at Juventus is around £140k a week which is nothing special.

Are we interested in Rabiot though?

Are we interested in Rabiot though?
True enough. Reckon all the noise is coming from Rabiot and his mum trying to drum up some interest.

As much as he does look like he'd be useful to us I just don't want to take the risk on a player with a reputation for drama when we're working so hard to get rid of them.

If we sign de Ligt, it is a must to sell Maguire - they are similar in many ways.