Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

In what way? I know Rabiot's camp have been tough negotiators in the past but I think he'd be a really good addition. Especially, with no fee involved.
All the previous with his agent mum and him being a free agent so massively salary I think would be a destabilising influence.

It's so nice we are using our scouting network better, putting it into good use, exploring players in positions of need, It's nice and refreshing to see,

I'm happy that teams can't hold us on ransom, we negotiate if the value isn't fair, we move on to other cheap targets but still good players for what we need.

All the previous with his agent mum and him being a free agent so massively salary I think would be a destabilising influence.

He was on around £140-150k a week at Juventus. Before that at PSG it was closer to £50k. We could easily pay him the biggest wages of his career and he’d still be well under the highest paid at the club. Coupled with a healthy signing in fee and it would be fine.

I'd already forgotten how awful that France shirt was.

What do you mean ? It looks like a nice PJ with a hen on ! If I got it 10 years ago, it would have looked good on my son when he was going to bed :)

Very wary of calling any 16 year old strikers who score buckets full of goals at that level generational to be honest, seen it happen far too often and them never make the step up. Certainly a promising and interesting talent I'd happily see us sign though.

I
Very wary of calling any 16 year old strikers who score buckets full of goals at that level generational to be honest, seen it happen far too often and them never make the step up. Certainly a promising and interesting talent I'd happily see us sign though.

I still mourn James Wilson. What a talent at youth level. I thought he was going to be our Michael Owen.

Clearly did in their eyes as they're trying to replace him after 1 season.
At the risk of repeating several people myself included, he was purchased for the previous manager just days before the new manager came in, he doesn't fit the play style/manager does not like.... I have no idea as to whether or not he is a good footballer, but flop is a subjective term, has his move to PSG worked out, no, is that because he is just not goof enough, well certainly there are other major factors which are influencing the sale, including they would prefer Neves and need to free up cash and a space

At the risk of repeating several people myself included, he was purchased for the previous manager just days before the new manager came in, he doesn't fit the play style/manager does not like.... I have no idea as to whether or not he is a good footballer, but flop is a subjective term, has his move to PSG worked out, no, is that because he is just not goof enough, well certainly there are other major factors which are influencing the sale, including they would prefer Neves and need to free up cash and a space
I'm not saying the player is a flop, just that the transfer was for PSG & therefore they shouldn't really be turning a profit on a player that now has 1 year less on his contract.

What a difference a group of experienced knowledgeable men in the right positions makes.. the new management team seems to know Erik wants a hybrid squad..

Players like Rabiot & Ugarte will allow us to play different formations and surprise opponents. Rabiot was one of the most proactive French players in euros and I liked watching him join the offence.. in some ways he was a faster version of Pogba next to Kante.. if he’s not too greedy this year around I’d definitely want us to sign him..

Casemiro, if not for Saudi interest, I’d also keep for another season and used wisely.. but shipping out Mctominay and Erikson in place of Ugarte & Rabio could be smart moves tbh.
Having saved so much on wages with the outgoing players, I’m totally down to bet on Casemiro for another season comfortably if a proper decent offer doesn’t come in.. and I mean a solid offer minimum 30m+

I also think Mount will have a good season if he stays injury free.. he’s another one who can thrive in a hybrid role and surprise opponents with his random runs forward while also doing his work defending since he runs a lot..

I also think we’ll be playing 3 CBs way more often this season considering our links to so many CBs + if Erik wants to play transition football but also not concede that many shots then a 3rd CB will help in defending quick counters.. I’d even happily keep Lindelof and ship Maguire if we are playing 3 CBs because he’ll do an even better job in a 3-trio safeguarded by 2 CBs instead of 1

I generally agree - and if I were something else than a guy behind a keyboard I probably wouldn't. But I have followed U18 football for 20 years - and I have never seen anyone with those numbers - in fact I have never seen anyone close to those numbers. I think he got 32-33 goals in 19 or 20 matches at U18 level - that is an insane amount. McNeill who people have mentioned - in his best season had 34 goals overall at U21-level. But that was in twice as many minutes played.

Would absolutely love us to get Obi-Martin. My Arsenal mate has been banging on about him for the last year or so, he’s absolutely class. Of course takes a lot to then step up from that level but I’m genuinely shocked Arsenal are going to lose him.

I

I still mourn James Wilson. What a talent at youth level. I thought he was going to be our Michael Owen.
He’s the one that made me lower all my expectations and predicting who’s going to make it. So disappointed how his career went

He’s the one that made me lower all my expectations and predicting who’s going to make it. So disappointed how his career went
Injuries destroyed him. Hardly fair to consider him as not making it when injuries totally altered his career trajectory.

Unfortunately, that happens to a lot of players.

Will Keane was another one.

Never really rated him that highly. Wilson was different level though during youth teams. Then injuries stunted him.

He was in the same left footed clinical mould as Greenwood but even pacier though lighter build.

Why would we go for him? I really don't want the club to continue signing cnuts. Focus on signing good lads who also happen to be great footballers too and move away from this rotten player-driven, cash-driven culture here

According to ten Hag, de Ligt isn't his suggestion/someone he's pushing to sign this time around:

Source:

To me suggest ineos will sign players that will suit the manager along with the style of football we want to play. Harmony.

To me suggest ineos will sign players that will suit the manager along with the style of football we want to play. Harmony.
That's the expectation on how a football structure should work, within it, DoF & the Head Coach will work in harmony, the idea is if the Head Coach suggests a name, the team in charge of recruitement will look at the suggestion and determine if suggested player is actually good enough and suits the style, the DoF/CEO then will see if the the signing is feasible economically, that is what will prevent the club from making a signing similar to Anthony at fee of £85m, EtH also gets a veto if he deems a player suggested to him by the club (e.g. Yoro) not a good fit, and most of the time, I think EtH is reasonable and will accept a good player added to the squad instead of insisting on targets that he prefers and is familiar with

Abort. That would be a very bad deal at that price. I already had doubts when I thought it would be more around the €40m range
Certainly don‘t pay over 60. Whether that fee is acceptable depends on other targets. Ideally we line up a different target for less like we did with Yoro/Bradtwad.

Injuries destroyed him. Hardly fair to consider him as not making it when injuries totally altered his career trajectory.

Unfortunately, that happens to a lot of players.

If that’s the case then it is a shame. I remember reading at the time it was a mentality thing - where he didn’t put in as much effort and hard working once he made the first team

That's the expectation on how a football structure should work, within it, DoF & the Head Coach will work in harmony, the idea is if the Head Coach suggests a name, the team in charge of recruitement will look at the suggestion and determine if suggested player is actually good enough and suits the style, the DoF/CEO then will see if the the signing is feasible economically, that is what will prevent the club from making a signing similar to Anthony at fee of £85m, EtH also gets a veto if he deems a player suggested to him by the club (e.g. Yoro) not a good fit, and most of the time, I think EtH is reasonable and will accept a good player added to the squad instead of insisting on targets that he prefers and is familiar with
Didnt need my point explained to me in more detail but cheers :lol:

Never really rated him that highly. Wilson was different level though during youth teams. Then injuries stunted him.

He was in the same left footed clinical mould as Greenwood but even pacier though lighter build.

I actually disagree with you - Will Keane on his day for the U18 was head and shoulders above everyone else. Wilson was all about pace and that lethal left foot of his - Keane had technique and skills on the ball that were much better than Wilson