Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Yeah hopefully INEOS show clubs that buyers are no longer gonna be able to lowball us so easily
They can't play lowball if we are selling quality players, unfortunately lot of the players we are trying to offload are off the mark.

We can only change it by letting them go on cheap but going forward sign the best players whose value can sore, so we can hit back teams in opposite way.

Makes no sense with Mount still being at the club. Unless we're going to ship him out?

I assume he's more a versatile forward who can play LW, #10 and RW in a pinch. We're fairly stacked out wide especially given Sancho isn't leaving so yeah I don't really see it.

Maybe on loan? Even then seems a bit of a waste.

Simons looks an exciting young winger, but I'm not sure it should be an area of priority for now. If we're getting him on loan, as Leipzig did, then I get it more. But if he's a permanent transfer then I think we need to be addressing at least one CM, another CB, and ideally a FB, before spending any of the budget on a young winger.

We've got Garnacho, Rashford, Sancho, Amad, Antony, even Pellistri. I imagine the latter will leave. But, unless we're finding a buyer for Antony and / or Sancho then I don't see us prioritising adding to the wing position just yet.

Simons looks an exciting young winger, but I'm not sure it should be an area of priority for now. If we're getting him on loan, as Leipzig did, then I get it. But if he's a permanent transfer then I think we need to be addressing at least one CM, another CB, and ideally a FB, before spending the budget on a young winger.

We've got Garnacho, Rashford, Sancho, Amad, Antony, even Pellistri. I imagine the latter will leave. But, unless we're finding a buyer for Antony and / or Sancho then I don't see us prioritising the wing position just yet.

Yeah need more of a midfield playmaker, then again Erik doesn’t seem fussed since De Jong spurned him in 2022. Like you say if we sold Sancho & Antony then could understand it more.

Hope we can sell Sancho before the window closes. I can see him stinking out the place again this season if he’s still around.

Hope we can sell Sancho before the window closes. I can see him stinking out the place again this season if he’s still around.
I can certainly see it being a very scrutinised situation by the media every match. Whenever he's not starting, or subbed, or not creating or scoring much early on in the season, etc.

The latter would obviously be fair enough, especially if his performances weren't great either. But I can see the media trying to generate an issue and controversy, rather than merely giving it a fair chance and amount of time to see how it genuinely is looking.

The kind of situation (genuine or media contrived) that we'd probably best be avoiding if we could. But all depends on if we could find buyers willing and able to pay decent fees for him (or Antony).

What tier is Romain Collet-Gaudin?

Not being on Twitter, it's not a name I recognise.
If you don't know, assume that the journalist/outlet in question is hit or miss (Tier 3). With that said, DAZN in France haven't been wildly speculative, and he also works for Sky Sports in France, which is getting better now.

If you don't know, assume that the journalist/outlet in question is hit or miss (Tier 3). With that said, DAZN in France haven't been wildly speculative, and he also works for Sky Sports in France, which is getting better now.
Ah, thanks. :+1:

So not a bad source. Hopefully there's some accuracy there. As while I'd most prefer a younger, more athletic DM, I'm also happy enough to see us add an experienced player like Rabiot (as an upgrade on the experience of the likes of Eriksen and Casemiro).

Ah, thanks. :+1:

So not a bad source. Hopefully there's some accuracy there. As while I'd most prefer a younger, more athletic DM, I'm also happy enough to see us add an experienced player like Rabiot (as an upgrade on the experience of the likes of Eriksen and Casemiro).
Yeah, his first impression isn't that bad. If it helps, he exclusively reports on the French football team as well as PSG, so there's a decent chance that he has some connections to Rabiot's camp. This link also makes sense given that we're okay with moving both McTominay and Eriksen on as well as looking to sell Casemiro.

Rabiot is a common sense signing on a free. He'll do a solid job for us for a couple of years.

Potential deals like this are really exciting

If we buy Ugarte and get Rabiot on a free that's so much better than what we had last season.

Gives Kobbie some breathing space to grow too.

I’m not completely sold on either Ugarte or Rabiot but they’re at least the right profiles of player we need and should be an improvement. I’m hard pushed to think of any realistic midfield signings that would genuinely excite me but we definitely need at least one.

Don't understand why people think Mount, Sancho and Antony negate the need for fresh blood in those areas. They're piss poor.

Who is he?
A talented striker who scored 32 goals for Arsenal last season at U18 level aged just 16. And has a very good scoring record for Denmark at youth levels.

He'd be a real coup of a signing for the Academy after he's turned down Arsenal's offer. Although there's plenty of players been prolific at those age groups who don't kick on at senior level of course. So no guarantees about his future, but very impressive scorer up to now.

Looks absolutely massive for the age group, and a good few of those are just him bulldozing through kids that are half a foot shorter.

At first glance I'd be wary of him being an early developer who might not have the same impact as he loses his physical advantages.
Wheatley was similar… big lad who’s kept growing but has progressed too.

He does use size/pace but his finishing is pretty tidy, even at that level so if he can keep that and progress all round game, he has a chance.

In what way? I know Rabiot's camp have been tough negotiators in the past but I think he'd be a really good addition. Especially, with no fee involved.
Isn’t it obvious if he comes to us not Liverpool especially they already saying we stole Yoro from them