Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

While I'm happy Greenwood is gone for a good junk of money it's also a bit sad how he ruined it all. Will definetly watch his career and also wish his family all the best. Hopefully he learned somehing from all of this.

So with Yoro and Zirkzee signed and Greenwood, Kambwala, Van de Beek and Alvaro Fernandez sold our net spend is essentially just the Yoro fee. Zirkzee is covered by the departures.

Then there are wage savings for Varane, Martial, Brandon Williams, Forson, Shoretire and Amrabat.

De Ligt & Ugarte still seem to be targets with tentative links to Branthwaite, Kadioglu, Kerkez, Rabiot and Frimpong. Hannibal, Pellistri, Casemiro, Lindelof & AWB seem most likely to be moved on.

Anything I've missed?

So with Yoro and Zirkzee signed and Greenwood, Kambwala, Van de Beek and Alvaro Fernandez sold our net spend is essentially just the Yoro fee. Zirkzee is covered by the departures.

Then there are wage savings for Varane, Martial, Brandon Williams, Forson, Shoretire and Amrabat.

De Ligt & Ugarte still seem to be targets with tentative links to Branthwaite, Kadioglu, Kerkez, Rabiot and Frimpong. Hannibal, Pellistri, Casemiro, Lindelof & AWB seem most likely to be moved on.

Anything I've missed?
Sancho back

It would be great if we could offload Maguire and Lindelof, allowing us to bring in De Ligt and Branthwaite, but I personally can't see it happening. However, if I was to choose out of the two, it'd be Branthwaite, simply because he would be a natural left footed replacement for Martinez.

Anything I've missed?
McTominay, potentially; also the possibility of moving Sancho on

50% of profits, not 50% of any sale. Doesn't sound so good now.

As long as he's not our problem anymore.

Worth remembering that if it was 50% of any sale the incentive for OM to sell would be non-existent barring an absolutely absurd bid. 50% of the profits seems sensible on that basis.

Ok, while I still have some doubts about Ugarte, the club definitely seem to want him. So far, INEOS and the new backroom team have been doing a great job, so I'll back them on this. Hopefully he's another key piece of our exciting new project

It’s as if Dan Ashworth has booked a big holiday in August, thinking he would still be on gardening leave, so he’s trying to get all the deals done in 2 weeks so that he can still take the wife and kids away.

It’s as if Dan Ashworth has booked a big holiday in August, thinking he would still be on gardening leave, so he’s trying to get all the deals done in 2 weeks so that he can still take the wife and kids away.

Maybe he’s visiting Yosemite while we are in California.

We’re not just moving fast. We move decisively and seemingly with a plan, that’s the most comforting part. The hierarchy seems to have a vision of what they want in the squad, hope it would translate into on-field results this season.

Ugarte in and Casemiro out with another central defender plus someone who could fill in at left back I think we will have had an incredible window. Maybe Malacia can come back and do a job for us and save us some money though?

Galatasaray can't afford McT, they'll be able to get a Lindelof with what they've got though.

McTominay and Lindelof out - Ugarte and De Ligt in.

A man can dream.

I think this is fairly likely honestly. But AWB also seemingly on the way out, so maybe even a new RB. I don't think we'll be able to sell Casemiro unless the Saudis really go for it and we have to accept that.

Lots more that can happen this summer. I don't see any particular rush other than just match fitness, squad building and things like that. We'll line up like this for Fulham:

Onana, Shaw, Martinez, Yoro, Dalot, Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno, Rashford, Garnacho, Zirkzee

Subs: Maguire, Sancho, Amad, Mount at a minimum.

That's quite a strong XI and bench already

Last edited:
That's more like it. Get Ferdi in exchange of Lindelof and some money. Then sell AWB and get a good back-up LCB. That would be our defense upgraded. We'd just need Martinez to stay fit and we'd be gold.
If we indeed sign Ferdi, I genuinely don’t think we need a LCB backup even when we sell AWB. Shaw can fill in that LCB spot if Martinez is out, while Ferdi/Malacia can play LB in that case. Of course if we have the funds to sign more players for depth, the better.

I think this is fairly likely honestly. But AWB also seemingly on the way out, so maybe even a new RB. I don't think we'll be able to sell Casemiro unless the Saudis really go for it and we have to accept that.

Lots more that can happen this summer. I don't see any particular rush other than just match fitness, squad building and things like that. We'll line up like this for Fulham:

Onana, Shaw, Martinez, Yoro, Dalot, Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno, Rashford, Garnacho, Zirkzee

Subs: Maguire, Sancho, Amad, Mount at a minimum.

That's quite a strong XI and bench already

Rasmus not even making the bench?

That's what I understood, not sure why Ducker thought it was different.
It's sad how he threw away his career here, years to come he would be kicking himself about the 'what if's'

Anyways wish him well, it's Good Riddance on our part.

If we indeed sign Ferdi, I genuinely don’t think we need a LCB backup even when we sell AWB. Shaw can fill in that LCB spot if Martinez is out, while Ferdi/Malacia can play LB in that case. Of course if we have the funds to sign more players for depth, the better.
Who is that?

Are we truly still relying on his availability?