Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Personally, I like McTominay as a squad option. Offers goals off the bench, an aerial presence, good professional with a good attitude, one of our lowest wages, can be asked to perform specific tactical jobs, home grown, sends a good message to our academy youngsters. Wouldn't be selling him for anything below £40m, and realistically we should probably just keep him, because I don't see us getting a quality replacement at that price. He'd be great at Fulham imo. He's a better player than Pereira who has thrived there.

It’s partly his contract too. While we could extend it by one year he is technically entering the final year of his deal and is 27yrs old. Do you keep him for two years and let him walk at 29 for free? Or get the best fee you can now for a player who doesn’t really fit your squad. I can’t see the point in extending his deal any further.

Personally, I think in the event we had injuries to Bruno and Mount I’d rather see a younger player used in that kind of emergency rather than McTominay. Then use any funds we raise to bring in a more suitable midfielder to play deep.

Zirkzee could well play the 2nd striker role off the bench that McTominay did this past season.

I can't really argue against your points, but I think he was very useful recently as a physical presence when defending set-pieces.

I have no idea how good Yoro is in the air but he's a very skinny teenager so I am not expecting him to rock up this season and be prime Vidic. And if he is paired with our best CB, then I would be terrified every time the opposition has a corner, or a set-piece, or a throw-in in our half.

I'm not saying that is enough for us to keep Scott, or defending him and his qualities as a midfielder for United, but..... its something to consider. If we are weak at defending set-pieces then we will struggle week in and week out.
I can't really argue against your points, but I think he was very useful recently as a physical presence when defending set-pieces.

I have no idea how good Yoro is in the air but he's a very skinny teenager so I am not expecting him to rock up this season and be prime Vidic. And if he is paired with our best CB, then I would be terrified every time the opposition has a corner, or a set-piece, or a throw-in in our half.

I'm not saying that is enough for us to keep Scott, or defending him and his qualities as a midfielder for United, but..... its something to consider. If we are weak at defending set-pieces then we will struggle week in and week out.

Yoro is 6’3 and ranked fifth in the league last year for aerial duels. We’ve also just signed Zirkzee who is also 6’3. The idea that we should keep McTominay for set piece defending seems like an incredibly low bar to set for our club.

I'm not saying that is enough for us to keep Scott, or defending him and his qualities as a midfielder for United, but..... it’s something to consider. If we are weak at defending set-pieces then we will struggle week in and week out.
We can’t have someone on the pitch just to defend set pieces though. He may be useful for that, but if that’s his main contribution, we’d be a midfielder down just for the sake of a few extra inches defending a few corners and long throws.

We can’t have someone on the pitch just to defend set pieces though. He may be useful for that, but if that’s his main contribution, we’d be a midfielder down just for the sake of a few extra inches defending a few corners and long throws.

That is true - but he is also extremely dangerous in the opponents box - we have no other midfielder with his qualities. Over the last 2 seasons including his matches for Scotland - he has 21 goals and 5 assists in 92 matches. That may be far away from the likes of Bruno or Frank Lampard, but it's also a clear indication that he is a lot better than people give him credit for - and not a player we should give away for £15-20 million.

His ability to get into the box and score goals at the end of games - or defend our box is worth quite a lot of points. And if are to sell him, we need to get in enough money so that we can replace him with a better player. For a lot under £30 million - I would rather keep McTominay

That is true - but he is also extremely dangerous in the opponents box - we have no other midfielder with his qualities. Over the last 2 seasons including his matches for Scotland - he has 21 goals and 5 assists in 92 matches. That may be far away from the likes of Bruno or Frank Lampard, but it's also a clear indication that he is a lot better than people give him credit for - and not a player we should give away for £15-20 million.

His ability to get into the box and score goals at the end of games - or defend our box is worth quite a lot of points. And if are to sell him, we need to get in enough money so that we can replace him with a better player. For a lot under £30 million - I would rather keep McTominay

His goals are absolutely not worth the glaring deficiencies in his game that cost us every time he plays.

Like you said, far away from Bruno/Frank Lampard. If he was close he'd have a case.

He wouldn't be playing for us if he wasn't an academy product.

It’s partly his contract too. While we could extend it by one year he is technically entering the final year of his deal and is 27yrs old. Do you keep him for two years and let him walk at 29 for free? Or get the best fee you can now for a player who doesn’t really fit your squad. I can’t see the point in extending his deal any further.

Personally, I think in the event we had injuries to Bruno and Mount I’d rather see a younger player used in that kind of emergency rather than McTominay. Then use any funds we raise to bring in a more suitable midfielder to play deep.

Zirkzee could well play the 2nd striker role off the bench that McTominay did this past season.
Makes sense. McT is good to have around, but we should not let his contract run down.

ZZ isn’t an impact sub but someone who brings others into play. I’m not sure he can play McT role off the bench.

Mejbri is back, we will see whether he is in the manager’s plans.

Our announcements are pretty cringe this year based on what we did for Zirkzee, so expecting premium cringe for Yoro.

#MoveOverSpain
#Yoro2024Champions
#OneYoroThatEnglandBeatSpain

All seems pretty quiet on the casemiro front which is a bit of a worry.
I think Saudi hate United either for the links to City/Newcastle or we refused to sell to Quatar. We never get players linked to them. If Case doesn't go there who else will pay his wages and a half decent fee? Therefore I see him staying like Sancho.

I think Saudi hate United either for the links to City/Newcastle or we refused to sell to Quatar. We never get players linked to them. If Case doesn't go there who else will pay his wages and a half decent fee? Therefore I see him staying like Sancho.
If Casemiro can’t get better than he was last season, he should make a move somewhere. For his selfrespect.

INEOS are a huge petro-chemical company, I am sure they can tap up somebody is Saudi to make a bid

Yeah we may have more chance of selling McTominay

You do realise that Saudi Arabia and Qatar are two different nations that have had a rocky relationship over the past few years?

You have to know that there's this rivalry going on in gulf states between Saudi/Qatar/UAE, shown by buying clubs in Europe, United not being sold to Qatar will be something Saudis will favor.

You do realise that Saudi Arabia and Qatar are two different nations that have had a rocky relationship over the past few years?

You have to know that there's this rivalry going on in gulf states between Saudi/Qatar/UAE, shown by buying clubs in Europe, United not being sold to Qatar will be something Saudis will favor.
They might fight but they hate United more. Same as us and France. We might hate eachother in some ways but we would pick France over Qatar or Saudi every day of the week

If Casemiro can’t get better than he was last season, he should make a move somewhere. For his selfrespect.
For his self respect haha? According to who? You? I think someone grossly over estimates what their opinion is worth.

I imagine his self respect is pretty locked in, the opinions NPCs on a forum who have never done anything in football likely wouldn't register to him as anything worth consideration.

He'll also continue to be well respected within football, even if he were to stay at United another couple of years and be awful.

They might fight but they hate United more. Same as us and France. We might hate eachother in some ways but we would pick France over Qatar or Saudi every day of the week

Do they? Or have you just made this up based on zero experience or actual knowledge of the situation?

I'm concerned at the lack of links to midfielders. Are we about to go into a season with Casemiro as our only DM?

We have almost 2 players in - and everyone knew this could be a tough window due to FFP. With Greenwood, Kambwala and Alvara out - that is close to £35 million in pure profit - that alone should make it possible to get 1-2 players more in - so I am not too worried.

We are off to a good start.

We have almost 2 players in - and everyone knew this could be a tough window due to FFP. With Greenwood, Kambwala and Alvara out - that is close to £35 million in pure profit - that alone should make it possible to get 1-2 players more in - so I am not too worried.

We are off to a good start.
Don't forget the £500K by selling Donny. Every penny counts :)

Not as sure about Ugarte. There are parts of his game I like but I have some concerns about his positioning and discipline. Runs and tackles nonstop but I do wonder if it might lead to our defence being left exposed sometimes. Still pretty young so could perhaps improve that part of his game. I preferred Neves' profile tbh but looks like he's off to PSG

Not as sure about Ugarte. There are parts of his game I like but I have some concerns about his positioning and discipline. Runs and tackles nonstop but I do wonder if it might lead to our defence being left exposed sometimes. Still pretty young so could perhaps improve that part of his game. I preferred Neves' profile tbh but looks like he's off to PSG

Think if we sign him, it's basically a guarantee we're going high line this season. With the defence starting higher its not as much of an issue having midfielders that want to push up and press that bit higher.

I'm concerned at the lack of links to midfielders. Are we about to go into a season with Casemiro as our only DM?
You hardly think inos sat there for 6months watching utd and thought that casemiro and that utd midfield is sufficient...they clearly have a plan,they are signing and moving on players at the moment and the midfield will definitely be added too. Have faith in the new boys. They've been really active sorting out the structure,coaching staff,now it's all focus on squad improvement.

We really seem to be missing a tempo controller of the type of Carrick/ Busquets/ Rodri

The perfect DM candidate should also be really good at positioning himself as well, that’s generally a rare find.

My concern with Ugarte is the same what happened last season with Mainoo. He would rather fit the no. 8 role that Fred used to play to disrupt opposition build up.

From what Cryuff and pep have said, no. 6 is the most important position for playing possession football, and Ugarte is probably not the right fit. Neves/ Zubimendi would have better chance to fit there.

We all know who would be the perfect player. He plays in Barcelona, dictating play and has a Dutch passport…

We really seem to be missing a tempo controller of the type of Carrick/ Busquets/ Rodri

The perfect DM candidate should also be really good at positioning himself as well, that’s generally a rare find.

My concern with Ugarte is the same what happened last season with Mainoo. He would rather fit the no. 8 role that Fred used to play to disrupt opposition build up.

From what Cryuff and pep have said, no. 6 is the most important position for playing possession football, and Ugarte is probably not the right fit. Neves/ Zubimendi would have better chance to fit there.
You assume we want to play possession football, and when EtH has said he wants to be the best transition team in the world, he doesn't have space for the type of player you're describing.

You assume we want to play possession football, and when EtH has said he wants to be the best transition team in the world, he doesn't have space for the type of player you're describing.

we should be looking for one though so we can be tactically flexible. If I’m attempting to build the perfect squad there’s definitely a few playmakers in there. There has to be