Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

There's a Spanish guy too - Ivan Fresneda. Not sure how he got on this season honestly.
He was easily the best RB wonderkid in 23 before regens. In 24 he’s been marked down by quite a bit whatever has happened to him. I have never seen him play so I’ve no idea even what kind of a player he is. I don’t know any of the players being mentioned to be honest

Lindelof has 1 year
AWB has 1 year
Maguire has 1+1 year

You can fully understand and believe the rumours that United want to buy 2 CB this window.
Not to mention that these three players have been here for years and still haven't impressed.

Didn't I see somewhere this Kadioglu can play both RB/LB,so if we are selling AWB then surely it makes sense to go for him

Tier 1 (co-authored by James Ducker):

Both Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are also interested in Wan-Bissaka.

Last edited:
Should not even consider bids under 25 million. We would have to get replacements for them that would be expensive.

Really wish there were more youth players coming through. The only RBs we have developed are Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Phil Bardsley, Danny Simpson and Ethan Laird? Not very impressive over a 30 year period.

I think Guehi is a good, solid defender - but I just don't see a very high ceiling for him. He is not exceptionally good in the air, not very fast, not very good on the ball. Just a good all-round defender.
Shouldn't be a problem. With two CBs under six foot they'll hardly bang their heads jumping.

Didn't I see somewhere this Kadioglu can play both RB/LB,so if we are selling AWB then surely it makes sense to go for him

Position AppsGoalsAssists
Left-Back6648
Attacking Midfield5659
Right Winger4458
Right-Back3724
Left Winger2375
Left Midfield1921
Right Midfield191-
Central Midfield1533
Second Striker1--
Defensive Midfield1--

Some serious versatility here

Should not even consider bids under 25 million. We would have to get replacements for them that would be expensive.

Really wish there were more youth players coming through. The only RBs we have developed are Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Phil Bardsley, Danny Simpson and Ethan Laird? Not very impressive over a 30 year period.

1 year left no option to extend and wants to move to WH apparently, we couldn’t get £25m for him.

Wan-Bissaka's transfer fee is fully amortized isn't it? Since he signed in 2019 on a 5+1 year deal. So if we sell him now it's a full FFP/P&S profit, like selling an academy player?

Significantly cheaper than many have suggested. Most of the journalists reporting €70m aren't overly reliable imo (at least not when it comes to details). I think it's €50m up front with €12m addons, so potential for €62m basically, which is more in line with what the initial reports of our accepted bid were suggesting.

Time will obviously tell but seems to me like INEOS and the team they have assembled are quickly demonstrating just how inept and inefficient the club has been for the last 10+ years

Time will obviously tell but seems to me like INEOS and the team they have assembled are quickly demonstrating just how inept and inefficient the club has been for the last 10+ years
I truly believe it was inefficiency because the Glazers delayed everything and deference to the manager.

I truly believe it was inefficiency because the Glazers delayed everything and deference to the manager.

Part of it is you need owners that "get it". Even if Murtough / Arnold had ideas to revamp the club the way INEOS did, could they make that level of progress without the owners understanding what the feck was going on? They fired most of the club leadership, cut head count, hired best in class and negotiated for guys like Ashworth by threatening arbitration.

Not something a random DoF / figurehead CEO can just execute by themselves.

Very exciting how close it's getting.

I'm still wary of anything going wrong at the last moment until it's fully confirmed, but once it is I'll be so impressed with the new set up. Fantastic coup to get the deal done when it seemed set that he'd end up at Madrid.

Bodes well for how competent the new leadership / transfer set up is going to be run - in such stark contrast to the last decade.

He can't defend - he's positionally poor, doesn't track runners and isn't a brilliant tackler.

He can't pass - short or long he's neither progressive nor accurate

He can't control the ball or move in tight spaces because of the lack of control.

Yes he can score goals but what are the odds of him having another purple patch season like last year?

Besides the fact that he came through the academy he would never play for United so why on earth would anyone rate him highly enough to pay more than a pittance for him?
I can't really argue against your points, but I think he was very useful recently as a physical presence when defending set-pieces.

I have no idea how good Yoro is in the air but he's a very skinny teenager so I am not expecting him to rock up this season and be prime Vidic. And if he is paired with our best CB, then I would be terrified every time the opposition has a corner, or a set-piece, or a throw-in in our half.

I'm not saying that is enough for us to keep Scott, or defending him and his qualities as a midfielder for United, but..... its something to consider. If we are weak at defending set-pieces then we will struggle week in and week out.

Significantly cheaper than many have suggested. Most of the journalists reporting €70m aren't overly reliable imo (at least not when it comes to details). I think it's €50m up front with €12m addons, so potential for €62m basically, which is more in line with what the initial reports of our accepted bid were suggesting.

Ornstein reported €70m, Whitwell repoted €62m + €8m, they are super reliable, I think the the €50m Romano is reporting is the guaranteed fee/minimum fee, and the remaining balance whether it is €12m or €20m is the bonus pay triggered by Yoro hitting some milestones

20 million + 2/3 million based performance bonuses would be a great deal for us.
Outside of his goals, McTom is a really substandard footballer.
This is the conundrum of modern football: a player won't catch the eye but bags important goals. Goals win games, you don't get any points for style or finesse. McTominay is a solid player who has never thrown a strop, even when losing his place, he scores important goals, he's been preferred by several managers over "better" players, he's an academy product, and we're not finding anyone better for the prices being mooted.

This is the conundrum of modern football: a player won't catch the eye but bags important goals. Goals win games, you don't get any points for style or finesse. McTominay is a solid player who has never thrown a strop, even when losing his place, he scores important goals, he's been preferred by several managers over "better" players, he's an academy product, and we're not finding anyone better for the prices being mooted.
Yep, as per usual we won't sell him unless we get a bid that matches what we value him at. He's been valued by pretty much every manager he plays for.

Yeah, I think that's the problem.

When you see the likes of West Ham paying £40m for a 27 year old CB off Wolves whose never made an international appearance (Kilman), you do wonder how other teams get such good fees for pretty solid / average PL players.

Hang on a minute, West Ham spent £40m on Kilman?!

I heard they signed him but assumed it was around half that price, maybe nearing £30m at most.

I heard they signed him but assumed it was around half that price, maybe nearing £30m at most.
Nope, it was £40m. All the reputed sources have reported the same fee. Lopetegui likes him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cm52yn8v7x2o

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-deal-after-leaving-wolves-in-gbp40m-transfer

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5616886/2024/07/09/max-kilman-west-ham-transfer-wolves-maidenhead/

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...x-kilman-move-wolves-west-ham-seven-year-deal

I know! :eek:

I was shocked when I saw it as well. But that's the reported fee that he went for. And it's reported that Maidenhead stand to make £4m as part of their 10% sell on clause after selling him to Wolves for just £40,000!

Ornstein reported €70m, Whitwell repoted €62m + €8m, they are super reliable, I think the the €50m Romano is reporting is the guaranteed fee/minimum fee, and the remaining balance whether it is €12m or €20m is the bonus pay triggered by Yoro hitting some milestones
Ornstein is normally reliable, but the first person to break the news in France clearly said a bid of €50m + add ons was accepted. Ornstein and Whitwell have both said €62m as the base fee, which makes no sense if we already had a bid of €50m accepted. Now Romano is also saying €50m base fee, which fits with the initial source. It's unclear what the amount of the add ons are, but I don't fully trust Ornstein on the numbers here, considering there's at least one that I'm confident he's wrong on.

Wow, good player but a very high fee. He is English, was a key player for Wolves and I think he was their club captain, so when I think about it, it does make a bit more sense.

McT scored 10 goals last season, he can play pretty much anywhere (other than goal but who knows) although lets face it doesn't really stand out in any position, but still for a utility player, with a good injury record, capable of 10 goals a season, £17m is a joke

yea that’s a very good record
If he was on Chelsea no one would have been bidding 17m. Everyone knows we are suckers and INEOS is right to reject it.

Position AppsGoalsAssists
Left-Back6648
Attacking Midfield5659
Right Winger4458
Right-Back3724
Left Winger2375
Left Midfield1921
Right Midfield191-
Central Midfield1533
Second Striker1--
Defensive Midfield1--

Some serious versatility here

Have you got a link to where it came from

Folks saying 25m should be a good fee are just clueless.

He might not the the most skilfull, he’s definitely got the right attitude and work ethic, which is sometimes not the easiest to find in younger players.

30 mil+ is where we should be starting at the minimum, would rather keep him, the goals he can give off the bench and in important matches is worth 20 mil in itself.

Personally, I like McTominay as a squad option. Offers goals off the bench, an aerial presence, good professional with a good attitude, one of our lowest wages, can be asked to perform specific tactical jobs, home grown, sends a good message to our academy youngsters. Wouldn't be selling him for anything below £40m, and realistically we should probably just keep him, because I don't see us getting a quality replacement at that price. He'd be great at Fulham imo. He's a better player than Pereira who has thrived there.

Personally, I like McTominay as a squad option. Offers goals off the bench, an aerial presence, good professional with a good attitude, one of our lowest wages, can be asked to perform specific tactical jobs, home grown, sends a good message to our academy youngsters. Wouldn't be selling him for anything below £40m, and realistically we should probably just keep him, because I don't see us getting a quality replacement at that price. He'd be great at Fulham imo. He's a better player than Pereira who has thrived there.
I agree. I remember watching him play against Brighton away a couple years back and he was pure shocking but I think now we have realised he is not the guy for passing the ball around and playing nice stuff.
Hard working, good attitude and very good physical profile. I don't mind using a player like him in the squad.