Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

£40m? £25m and he's all theirs.

Why do you think we should sell a Scottish international who has played more or less regularly at United for 4-5 seasons for £25 million ? We would struggle to find a better player for £25 million

£9m for Kambwala & £20m for Greenwood, £0.4m for VdB, so that's basically £30m from sales.

Hopefully the club sells one of Lindelof or Maguire, if that can fetch anything close to £20m it will be great.

£9m for Kambwala & £20m for Greenwood, £0.4m for VdB, so that's basically £30m from sales.

Hopefully the club sells one of Lindelof or Maguire, if that can fetch anything close to £20m it will be great.

Think the main positive is that Greenwood and I'm sure Kambwala should count as pure profit for us.

Im far from a McTominay fan but 17Mill is a lowball offer, all things considered. it expect something north of 30mill. especially considering Paulinha went for 45mill plus.
But, but, but, it needs to be done, so we might have to take a hit on him.

I'm not sure United are getting the full amount all in one transaction...but every little helps and that amount should go over the next month.

Evans will eat up those u21 minutes. Lindelof is surely out the door and that can't come too soon.

Would leave us the LCBs of Maguire and Martinez, and RCBs of Yoro and De Ligt, with Evans providing cover in emergencies.

We could probably get by without, but this would be my top priority behind a holding midfielder

Well yeah, that's why I said it's subject to us selling another CB. If Lindelof goes then we'll have to sign one more for sure.

17m for the Scottish Ballack? In his prime? Get tae feck! Dont come back without an offer closer to 50m

I'm not sure United are getting the full amount all in one transaction...but every little helps and that amount should go over the next month.

There are two separate things:

PSR
Sales of 20mil allows you to spend ca 100mil if the players you get sign 5 year contracts. Of course you need to account for wages etc

Cashflow
different story, you need to pay on time what you own in that sense you want your sales to paid as soon as possible

Why do you think we should sell a Scottish international who has played more or less regularly at United for 4-5 seasons for £25 million ? We would struggle to find a better player for £25 million
Because people think and act emotionally. It's bizarre to me that so many 'fans' seem to take such pleasure in having digs about our academy players.

This person will think of Scott as a championship player, because that's what the cool kids online have been telling them, so it stands to reason they undervalue him.

If he played for Sporting and we were linked then those same people would likely happily see United pay £50 million + for them.

The disrespect from our fan base towards our academy players is stunning and is an embarrassment to us as a club.

• Most highly sought after CB in Europe on his way for a medical.
  • That rotten scumbag on his way to France for a decent fee and an outstanding sell on clause.
  • London mugs talking about actually giving us some money for Wan-Bissaka.

This is shaping up to be an all time transfer window day.

20 million + 2/3 million based performance bonuses would be a great deal for us.
Outside of his goals, McTom is a really substandard footballer.

Yep.

A goalscoring midfielder in his prime playing for one of the top teams shouldn't be being sold in this market for £25m. Let alone 17m.

However, we do need a different type of CM - defensive or DLP - more than we need the McTominay type (as we have Fernandes and Mount), so we may accept a bid lower than ideal if we need to sell him to buy those types of CM as the kinds of clubs coming in for him probably won't have as big a budget as others.

I'm happy to keep McTominay as a very useful squad player. But if we need to sell him (or ideally Casemiro) in order to get the much needed CM additions then I think we need to. And that might mean accepting something around £25m.

As you say, we won't get a replacement for that amount. But in FFP terms, it'll cover this years portion of a couple of our signings that look to be around the £40-60m range.

Last edited:
Should look to sell one of maguire and lindelof plus mctominay and sancho. Casemiro too if he can be sold.

Buy another cb and one cm atleast.

And we will be set.

Because people think and act emotionally. It's bizarre to me that so many 'fans' seem to take such pleasure in having digs about our academy players.

This person will think of Scott as a championship player, because that's what the cool kids online have been telling them, so it stands to reason they undervalue him.

If he played for Sporting and we were linked then those same people would likely happily see United pay £50 million + for them.

The disrespect from our fan base towards our academy players is stunning and is an embarrassment to us as a club.

he’d be on about 50k a week there. That’s why they can change that bit extra. McT will be looking for 100k a week wherever he goes from here. Not cheap for a club like Fulham

I know goals win you games but outside of his finishing and his timing in the box, he's a really poor overall midfielder.

Evans will eat up those u21 minutes. Lindelof is surely out the door and that can't come too soon.

Would leave us the LCBs of Maguire and Martinez, and RCBs of Yoro and De Ligt, with Evans providing cover in emergencies.

We could probably get by without, but this would be my top priority behind a holding midfielder
I was actually fairly impressed with Shaw when he played LCB. As he ages and perhaps loses a step (and we get more cover at left back) I think we might see him play there more often.

He can't defend - he's positionally poor, doesn't track runners and isn't a brilliant tackler.

He can't pass - short or long he's neither progressive nor accurate

He can't control the ball or move in tight spaces because of the lack of control.

Yes he can score goals but what are the odds of him having another purple patch season like last year?

Besides the fact that he came through the academy he would never play for United so why on earth would anyone rate him highly enough to pay more than a pittance for him?

I was actually fairly impressed with Shaw when he played LCB. As he ages and perhaps loses a step (and we get more cover at left back) I think we might see him play there more often.

Then we will need a Left back. I think Braithwaite can maybe cover both.

Naa y’all are crazy
A goalscoring midfielder like McT will instantly be one of their best players. Below 35-40M shouldn’t be entertained.

Lets not forget a replacement would at least cost that amount as well

Sales go in full in the books while purchases are spread along the period of the contract

Ahh interesting, I thought it worked the same both ways...all these modern FFP terms and conditions, makes my head spin.

I was thinking the Zirkzee deal for example United paying a higher fee to spread it across the deal to take lesser of a hit this summer, but it's interesting that sales are counted as full price on the selling clubs side anyway.

Naa y’all are crazy
A goalscoring midfielder like McT will instantly be one of their best players. Below 35-40M shouldn’t be entertained.

Lets not forget a replacement would at least cost that amount as well

He only has one year on his contract though we can extend it by another year. That usually makes it a bit cheaper for the buying club.

I know goals win you games but outside of his finishing and his timing in the box, he's a really poor overall midfielder.
two very attractive qualities you quite rightly highlight.

McTominay would be a very welcome addition to most clubs who normally finish 6th to 20th

The 17m is expected considering how cheap they got Pereira for..
We have been very generous in the past...

He's a bench player who's value will only decrease with the years. I think 25m is a reasonable price for him to be honest. He doesn't really fit in with the direction this team wants to go. How many great games has he played in those 4-5 seasons? He has bailed us out with some wonderful goals, but other than scoring goals he hasn't provided much. I'm a McTominay fan for his personality but not his abilities as a midfielder. Yes Fulham sold Palhina for 47m but he is also twice the player McT is.