Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

what a difference having people who actually understand how transfers work actually running our transfer business makes.

imagine how many tens of millions we couldve saved on buying Anthony if it had been made clear to Ajax that there were other options on the table for us, even if it was last minute. (obv wouldve been much better just walking away).
They didn't want to sell. They set a ridiculous price and we paid it. This tactic wouldn't work on them.

Real Madrid will make a new offer for Leny Yoro. Defender still prioritizes Madrid Real offered €20M + 10 bonus. Lille refuses. Manchester United have already agreed with LOSC (around €60M with bonuses). The English pushing.

Real Madrid will make a new offer for Leny Yoro. Defender still prioritizes Madrid Real offered €20M + 10 bonus. Lille refuses. Manchester United have already agreed with LOSC (around €60M with bonuses). The English pushing.

How many Yoros??

Source (Tier 2):

• Marseille hope to sign Mason Greenwood within 24 or 48 hours
  • Final details being finalised between Man Utd and Marseille
  • Transfer slightly below €30m including bonuses + large % on future sale
  • Greenwood and Marseille have reached an agreement. 5-year contract

Good deal. Hopefully he performs well so PSG can pick him up next summer for 60m, heh.

Not as much as people hoped but he's gone which is the main thing.

It’s absolutely as much as many of us claimed. Lots said between 30-40 and were laughed at.
Likely it’ll be a deal that now ends up worth over 50m for the club.

I wrote in March:
Sad but that’s how it turned out, as soon as the allegations were made public he was damaged goods. If the club can get 40m, or 30m + a large sell-on, I think they’ll be delighted at this point.

Which is exactly what we are getting.

But lots posters laughed at those suggestions.

Last edited:
Not as much as people hoped but he's gone which is the main thing.
Honestly, I thought he'd be out on loan again, so a permanent transfer with a decent fee now and a big slice later is a welcome surprise for me.

Was never going to be as much as many hoped. Some of us said all along.

£23m fixed is £3m more than I thought we'd get though.

Giving yourself a very favourable rate there I see :)
30m euros is 25m quid.

He’ll likely sell on for 40m + so the deal is gonna be a feck tonne better than many of the negative suggestions. We’ll end up eventually bringing in 50m for him I’m sure.
I think you could just give the new guys at the club a nod by getting a much better deal than you ever imagined.

Really is excellent work by the club this, good job Jim didn’t come out and say “we don’t want him anywhere near the club” like many were demanding.

Giving yourself a very favourable rate there I see :)
30m euros is 25m quid.

He’ll likely sell on for 40m + so the deal is gonna be a feck tonne better than many of the negative suggestions. We’ll end up eventually bringing in 50m for him I’m sure.
I think you could just give the new guys at the club a nod by getting a much better deal than you ever imagined.

Really is excellent work by the club this, good job Jim didn’t come out and say “we don’t want him anywhere near the club” like many were demanding.
Nope. The fixed element is £23.3m (€23.3m)according to the Athletic. The add ons and sell on fee could end up being nil for all we know.

I must admit - it did not see that coming. But we had better get in De Ligt as well

I have a feeling they'll want a left footed CB if they get Yoro. We'll probably go back in for Branthwaite again first.

Well - we need another central defender - Branthwaite or De Ligt......Yoro is 18 and will need time to adapt to the P.L

I've been sceptical about the chances of this, but if they can pull off the signing of such a highly rated player who had previously been set for Madrid then that's impressive and shows not only serious intent, but a level of intelligence and smarts to identify and pull off such a coup.

I think it's been clear from the start that Branthwaite and Yoro have been our priorities. These are the only 2 we put a bid in for. Personally, I would have gone for De Ligt but it seems he is the back up option. Seeing how much we are paying for an unproven (albeit extremely talented)18 year old Everton will likely stick to their valuation.

So we may end up going for De Ligt after all, but we know ETH prefers a left footed CB at LCB, so dunno how that would effect the De Ligt pursuit.

I think it's been clear from the start that Branthwaite and Yoro have been our priorities. These are the only 2 we put a bid in for. Personally, I would have gone for De Ligt but it seems he is the back up option. Seeing how much we are paying for an unproven (albeit extremely talented)18 year old Everton will likely stick to their valuation.

So we may end up going for De Ligt after all, but we know ETH prefers a left footed CB at LCB, so dunno how that would effect the De Ligt pursuit.
Could be we're going to see if Bayern lower their valuation in the coming weeks. Nice to see us have options for once and not relying on a main target then a mad scramble at the end of the window.

This is my view on it. I can't see why we would sign two right footed CB's instead of addressing the fact we only have one left footed CB. It is EtH's preferred choice at left CB to have a left footed player and it obviously caused us problems last season. Signing Branthwaite and Yoro would make perfect sense balance wise with Maguire and Martinez, keeping Lindelof as an all round back up.

This is my view on it. I can't see why we would sign two right footed CB's, instead of addressing the fact we only have one left footed CB, when that is EtH's preferred choice at left CB. It obviously caused us problems last season. Signing Branthwaite and Yoro would make perfect sense balance wise, with Maguire and Martinez.
Well not really considering we had Varane, Maguire, Lindelof and Kambwala as right footed and we've lost Varane and sold Kambwala. It's likely we'll sell one of Maguire and Lindelof too. Evans is left footed remember and resigned for a year, so could easily be seen as the back up LCB option. I think we really need LB more than anything.

Well not really considering we had Varane, Maguire, Lindelof and Kambwala as right footed and we've lost Varane and sold Kambwala. It's likely we'll sell one of Maguire and Lindelof too. Evans is left footed remember and resigned for a year, so could easily be seen as the back up LCB option. I think we really need LB more than anything.
Evans is right footed, just comfortable with his left.

Evans is right footed, but can use left. Lets put him in the both category to be fair.

Yeah, so we were heavily out balanced and it obviously showed last year with Martinez out (plus Shaw who can cover). We would just be rebalancing in favour of how EtH likes to set up.

We would be going from:

Right: Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, and Kambwala
Both: Evans
Left: Martinez

TO:

Right: Maguire, Lindelof and Yoro
Both: Evans
Left: Martinez and Branthwaite

Still six centre backs. Just more balanced.

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe we've managed to pull off the deal if it's true.

A) We're genuinely, finally doing more than one target/deal at once.
B) It was reported since day dot that he wanted Madrid.
C) We're getting things done so early as well.

Fair fecks INEOS, fair fecks.