Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

The word around him is that he wants to stay in Spain. There was some interest from Arsenal in him. We will need to do some big convincing in order to lure him in to Manchester. Arsenal having a London and Spanish-speaking coach will always be a more desirable location.

Yeah if ever left Spain then Arsenal favourites

Yeah you could spin it that way.... and you could put words into the mouths of "most" .... and then there is people who watched the terrible, and I mean abjectly terrible football we played with 11 1st team regulars, the dozen or so negative records we broke etc... I am a pragmatist, and a realist, I accept that we had injuries but people becoming enamoured with blaming the manager... might just have some valid points

You know this belongs in the ETH thread, but seriously I like your rose tinted glasses

Being a 'pragmatist', who was your choice of replacement?

Being a 'pragmatist', who was your choice of replacement?

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/erik-ten-hag-manchester-united-manager.470032/unread

There is a whole thread in the main forum dedicated to ETH,

It really doesn't matter who I would want as a replacement, my point was you want to discuss ETHs performance, move it there there are only like 3000+ posts discussing it, I moved on from the whole BS once the decision was made to keep him, until such a point as he succeeds or repeats the failures of last season, I am sure that you will find plenty of compatriots and opponents over in the main forum, fill yer boots

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/erik-ten-hag-manchester-united-manager.470032/unread

There is a whole thread in the main forum dedicated to ETH,

It really doesn't matter who I would want as a replacement, my point was you want to discuss ETHs performance, move it there there are only like 3000+ posts discussing it, I moved on from the whole BS once the decision was made to keep him, until such a point as he succeeds or repeats the failures of last season, I am sure that you will find plenty of compatriots and opponents over in the main forum, fill yer boots

I don't blame you for refusing to answer the question. It's because you don't have a sincere answer.

We aren't winning every week, like we are entitled to, so 'ta ra Erik'.

I've read the thread. We all have. It's littered with 'EtH Out' commentators dangerously talking up clearly inferior managers, whilst refusing to divulge into any athwart context.

I think De ligt is getting held up by Greenwood to Marseille deal.

Not sure we’ll be able to get Ugarte until we sell Casemiro

Do we even have the financial legroom to get someone in without selling first especially after Zirkzee?
Yes, we have legroom to spend quite big ( PSR wise).

I don't blame you for refusing to answer the question. It's because you don't have a sincere answer.

We aren't winning every week, like we are entitled to, so 'ta ra Erik'.

I've read the thread. We all have. It's littered with 'EtH Out' commentators dangerously talking up clearly inferior managers, whilst refusing to divulge into any athwart context.
So you choose to post in an inappropriate place instead just so you can put forward your valuable opinion?

Where do you get off telling me I don't have a sincere answer, or purporting to know my opinions? you are clearly a WUM trolling for a fight

Quite honestly and sincerely this is the last comment I will post in response to you, you are one of the posters of which there are unfortunately many on forums, who have little capacity to do anything but see the importance of their own opinion, I hope you and your ego are happy together.

Calvert Lewin. A like for like replacement for Martial. In the treatment room.

Yeah if we give Everton money for DCL they will never stop laughing about it. Take him on a free after his contract runs down.

Info (continued). Lille accepted offer of 50 + 12 (62M € ). Leny Yoro is in negotiations with Manchester United on salary conditions. Favorable trend and open door to ManUtd. Real still there but behind.

I believe this guy was the first to report that we had a bid accepted last week.

Info (continued). Lille accepted offer of 50 + 12 (62M € ). Leny Yoro is in negotiations with Manchester United on salary conditions. Favorable trend and open door to ManUtd. Real still there but behind.

I believe this guy was the first to report that we had a bid accepted last week.

Is it, is it actually happening!?

I am really sceptical if we only sign one defender (as some has reported)- and that is Yoro. Don't get me wrong - I want him, but our only new central defender can't be a teenager.

I am really sceptical if we only sign one defender (as some has reported)- and that is Yoro. Don't get me wrong - I want him, but our only new central defender can't be a teenager.
Since Malacia was seen in training, our pursuit of “3 CBS” seems to have dwindled.

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks we sign a LB, we rely on shaw/malacia for depth and would expect to see shaw deputise for Martinez at LCB. Not ideal. we then have Yoro and Maguire and Evans for RCB, Dalot and Bisakka RB.

Could it be the reason why the de ligt deal has stalled? Yoro doesn’t want that direct competition and needs guaranteed minutes?

If we're fortunate that Yoro accepts to join our club ,does that mean United will call off the De Ligt deal ?

It would be mad. Any injury to Martinez and we're worse off than last year.

I really think we're asking for trouble if we just get one new CB.
Yeah. With Varane (and Kambwala) leaving, and injury issues with Martinez, we definitely need to sign two CB's.

If not, we'd have to keep both Maguire and Lindelof and then rely on those two, and Evans, more than we should.

We need to bring in two CB's to go with Martinez, and probably keep one of Maguire and Lindelof. With Evans as a 5th choice. Had we kept Kambwala, we could have offloaded both Maguire and Lindelof (if buyers could be found for both).

I don't know why we do this to ourselves every year

Why not, our best players in all other parts of the pitch are!

To be fair we owe him nothing, he’s not that good so if we can sign better and turn to him as an absolute last resort then so be it

We owe him professional courtesy.
We signed him, he played for us, and I'd like to think we treat our employees with respect.
If he's not good enough and we aren't keeping him, tell him weeks ago and let him be clear about his future.