Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Aside from being a sicknote, Calvert Lewin just hasn't really scored any goals since 2021 even when he has been fit. Avoid like the plague.

Im sure that @SilentWitness can correct me, but I think that he played most of their games last year

He did, he got over his injuries last season with Dyche. He had a broken cheekbone, sickness and the birth of his child which kept him out of games but aside from that he looked back to his best fitness wise.

He had a good end to the season when he was up to full fitness and absolutely bullied VVD in the derby. What he gives aside from goals is why Everton fans like him, as his hold up play is excellent and means he's capable of playing as a lone forward or in a two. I think he'd do well for United personally and would help Rashford get back into form as he'd thrive off the outlay that DCL could provide.

He did, he got over his injuries last season with Dyche. He had a broken cheekbone, sickness and the birth of his child which kept him out of games but aside from that he looked back to his best fitness wise.

He had a good end to the season when he was up to full fitness and absolutely bullied VVD in the derby. What he gives aside from goals is why Everton fans like him, as his hold up play is excellent and means he's capable of playing as a lone forward or in a two. I think he'd do well for United personally and would help Rashford get back into form as he'd thrive off the outlay that DCL could provide.
Yeah I wouldn’t write him off. Personally I think he’s a better footballer than Toney but he’s had the edge fitness wise

Last edited:
Totally unfair on Amrabat.
Decision should have been made before preseason training started.
The guy is just going to be a back up option again, pure and simple.

His price has been set since we loaned him, if we wanted him we'd have triggered it.

He is Man Utds bridesmaid who is never the bride.

Yeah I wouldn’t write him off. Personally I think he’s a better footballer than Toney but he’s had the age fitness wise

I think the only thing that would concern me from your side is possible fee and wages. He's reported to have been offered something around 100-150k by us but is apparently wanting the higher end of that bracket and he'd probably cost between 20 and 30m, with us trying to get the higher end of that bracket. It's a risk for anyone.

I think the only thing that would concern me from your side is possible fee and wages. He's reported to have been offered something around 100-150k by us but is apparently wanting the higher end of that bracket and he'd probably cost between 20 and 30m, with us trying to get the higher end of that bracket. It's a risk for anyone.
Yeah that’s too much

I'm for keeping this kid but he absolutely has to find his form and show up on time everyday ready to give his all.
Sancho's 24 years old with over 250 top flight / international appearances and cost us over £70m. He's no 'kid'. He's an experienced, big money player who should be in his prime and delivering big numbers.

But I agree with the rest - happy enough to give him another go if we feel he'll give his all and can work in the system and finally start delivering those kinds of returns.

Wonder if he would expect/ demand to be in starting 11 at Utd?

He would definitely at least be in heavy rotation if he came so long as he didn't turn out to be useless.

I doubt he'd be grumbling being behind Martinez and De Ligt. Certainly wouldn't instantly be a star player in Madrid

We owe him professional courtesy.
We signed him, he played for us, and I'd like to think we treat our employees with respect.
If he's not good enough and we aren't keeping him, tell him weeks ago and let him be clear about his future.
he’s paid handsomely he’ll be ok

He would definitely at least be in heavy rotation if he came so long as he didn't turn out to be useless.

I doubt he'd be grumbling being behind Martinez and De Ligt. Certainly wouldn't instantly be a star player in Madrid
Hope thats the case as I don't think De Ligt would complain about sitting or being rotated. They will both probably end up playing quite a bit as I fear Martinez will get hit with an injury sooner or later.

The first 3 CBs will pick up plenty of games across a season. Assuming we have decent cup runs.

It's the 4th and 5th choices who will be grumbling, but that's why Kwambala is off and I assume Evans won't complain as that's what he signed up for.

It just he is showing it as £s not euros. It will be interesting to know what initial fee is and what add ons.
Yeah, just read his report, he's saying it's for an initial €50m plus €12m of add-ons, which is €62m or £52m. As ever, include all the add-ons to make it sound more.

It just he is showing it as £s not euros. It will be interesting to know what initial fee is and what add ons.

Standard behaviour among journalists when it comes to reporting on United.

It's something I'd like to see the new regime address. Every one of these tweets and articles that exaggerate or sensationalise what we're doing, effects the perception of the club and weakens our hand in future negotiations.