Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Ignoring how risky a move it is to not renew a contract for a player - since their livelihood is in jeopardy every time they step on a pitch.

What you've just said is forcing a move, unless you think going on strike and not showing up to training or something are the only ways of forcing a move.
Who said anything about going on strike or not training. He can literally say I won’t be signing a new deal. At that point United decide do we sell him now or potentially lose him for free.
this happens all the time so it shouldn’t be news to you

Who said anything about going on strike or not training. He can literally say I won’t be signing a new deal. At that point United decide do we sell him now or potentially lose him for free.
this happens all the time so it shouldn’t be news to you

I don't think you understood the previous post. I said what you suggest is literally forcing a move unless you only see forcing a move as xyz. I'd already caveated the possibility of a player doing so, which again, takes me to my initial assertions.

This has become a circular conversation.

1. United isn't buying players with a view to sell them. United is a final destination type of club unless something goes wrong
2. Players coming to United understand so

United fanbase is quickly developing an inferiority complex, which isn't based on how the club operates. Could players that come to United end up elsewhere? Of course, but with the sample pool we have - that generally happens because the club is happy to do so - with only one notable exception. Fear mongering/defeatist adjacent arguments about players coming to United for 5/6 years and then jet off to Real are baseless.

I don't think you understood the previous post. I said what you suggest is literally forcing a move unless you only see forcing a move as xyz. I'd already caveated the possibility of a player doing so, which again, takes me to my initial assertions.

1. United isn't buying players with a view to sell them. United is a final destination type of club unless something goes wrong

United fanbase is quickly developing an inferiority complex, which isn't based on how the club operates. Could players that come to United end up elsewhere? Of course, but with the sample pool we have - that generally happens because the club is happy to do so - with only one notable exception. Fear mongering/defeatist adjacent arguments about players coming to United for 5/6 years and then jet off to Real are baseless.
Well Said.

I don’t think you understood my posts

this is your first that I replied yo
You guys need to put these fantasies to rest. United, despite being shit, is still a final destination type of club, we don't sign players with the long-term view of selling them.

my point, as it’s always been is that we may do so. We already know that Yoros preference is Madrid but we are pressing ahead with trying to convince him to come to United. Someone at United is convinced of him as a player. Now, there exists a possibility that he may want to come to United at this time. There also exists the possibility that he thinks, or may be told that he’s still young enough to go to Madrid when he’s older.

all that may happen without
A) United wanting to let him go
B) an immediate issue with his contract.
Which was the 2 points I was disagreeing with. It’s arrogant to think that a player will want to join nobody else but United unless we want to sell them or haven’t tied them to a new deal. Arrogant and too simple.

this is 2024. Players will want to experience different things, especially if their heart is elsewhere. Should that stop us signing a player? Absolutely not, we may get 5 very good years out of a player which will help United as a club progress.

we are not at the level of RM right now. We aren’t the best in our own country, we finished 8th. We aren’t the best in Europe.
We have to get to a place where we are consistently winning leagues and European matches to put us in a place whereby players want to come and stay.

as it stands your thinking is out of date with reality.

I don’t think you understood my posts

this is your first that I replied yo

my point, as it’s always been is that we may do so. We already know that Yoros preference is Madrid but we are pressing ahead with trying to convince him to come to United. Someone at United is convinced of him as a player. Now, there exists a possibility that he may want to come to United at this time. There also exists the possibility that he thinks, or may be told that he’s still young enough to go to Madrid when he’s older.

all that may happen without
A) United wanting to let him go
B) an immediate issue with his contract.
Which was the 2 points I was disagreeing with. It’s arrogant to think that a player will want to join nobody else but United unless we want to sell them or haven’t tied them to a new deal. Arrogant and too simple.

this is 2024. Players will want to experience different things, especially if their heart is elsewhere. Should that stop us signing a player? Absolutely not, we may get 5 very good years out of a player which will help United as a club progress.

we are not at the level of RM right now. We aren’t the best in our own country, we finished 8th. We aren’t the best in Europe.
We have to get to a place where we are consistently winning leagues and European matches to put us in a place whereby players want to come and stay.

as it stands your thinking is out of date with reality.

I’m not contesting Yoro’s wants and/or preferences. I haven’t broached it for a reason, in fact I’ve specified to you that I’m not posting from the POV of the player. Read the initial post you quoted. I simply said that United doesn’t buy to sell. I then elaborated that when United does sell it’s usually because the club is happy to do so (and posited some examples as to why the club would be OK with the departure of a player)

United isn’t buying Yoro with the view of having him for 5/6 years. That’s a fan fantasy rooted in on an inferiority complex for Madrid. It isn’t based on how we operate, even post Ferguson. You speaking of players thinking/wanting to experience difference things is inconsequential to what I’m saying. In fact your post branches off into talking points that are only tangentially attached to what I said.

"It’s arrogant to think that a player will want to join nobody else but United unless we want to sell them or haven’t tied them to a new deal. Arrogant and too simple."

1. I've not suggested a player will not want to join anybody else. They may very well want so - I mean why would I mention the possibility of one forcing a move if I thought a player wouldn't want to join anybody else? What I said was that for players to move from United its generally because the club is happy for them to do so because something went wrong/they are no longer core or because their contractual future was not secured/forced a move. If you can't see the fundamental difference between what I said and your sentence that I just quoted verbatim, then it perhaps explains the disconnect and why you're arguing these tangential positions.

2. I've also not put forward the notion that we shouldn't sign a player because their heart is set elsewhere. I am on record saying that we just need players to be professional, they don't need to see United as the pinnacle for it to be worthwhile for us.

United is not at the level of Real Madrid currently, that is understood. United aren't the best in England, that is understood. United isn't the best in Europe, that is understood. None of the aforementioned changes the fact that United doesn't buy to sell.

My thinking is rooted in how the club operates and has operated historically. Until we have multiple examples of United happily positioning itself as a stepping stone club/buying players with agreements (gentlemen's or otherwise) of letting them go for their dream moves after some years. That notion is fanfiction that needs to rest.

I’m not contesting Yoro’s wants and/or preferences. I haven’t broached it for a reason, in fact I’ve specified to you that I’m not posting from the POV of the player. Read the initial post you quoted. I simply said that United doesn’t buy to sell. I then elaborated that when United does sell it’s usually because the club is happy to do so (and posited some examples as to why the club would be OK with the departure of a player)

United isn’t buying Yoro with the view of having him for 5/6 years. That’s a fan fantasy rooted in on an inferiority complex for Madrid. It isn’t based on how we operate, even post Ferguson. You speaking of players thinking/wanting to experience difference things is inconsequential to what I’m saying. In fact your post branches off into talking points that are only tangentially attached to what I said.

"It’s arrogant to think that a player will want to join nobody else but United unless we want to sell them or haven’t tied them to a new deal. Arrogant and too simple."

1. I've not suggested a player will not want to join anybody else. They may very well want so - I mean why would I mention the possibility of one forcing a move if I thought a player wouldn't want to join anybody else? What I said was that for players to move from United its generally because the club is happy for them to do so because something went wrong/they are no longer core or because their contractual future was not secured/forced a move. If you can't see the fundamental difference between what I said and your sentence that I just quoted verbatim, then it perhaps explains the disconnect and why you're arguing these tangential positions.

2. I've also not put forward the notion that we shouldn't sign a player because their heart is set elsewhere. I am on record saying that we just need players to be professional, they don't need to see United as the pinnacle for it to be worthwhile for us.

United is not at the level of Real Madrid currently, that is understood. United aren't the best in England, that is understood. United isn't the best in Europe, that is understood. None of the aforementioned changes the fact that United doesn't buy to sell.

My thinking is rooted in how the club operates and has operated historically. Until we have multiple examples of United happily positioning itself as a stepping stone club/buying players with agreements (gentlemen's or otherwise) of letting them go for their dream moves after some years. That notion is fanfiction that needs to rest.
You’re still not listening. I can’t make it any simpler for you so I’m out

I’m a lifelong United fan who can’t stand Real, yet if I could play football and both clubs made me an offer, I’d choose Madrid. Sorry and all, but as a city for the family to grow up, it’s a no contest.

Bloody annoying isn’t it?
That is the biggest load of shite ever :lol:

Well he is right. Most neutrals would pick Real over United at this point in time
He's not a neutral? He's literally just said he's a lifelong Utd fan that would pick a different club because it's sunnier there, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

He's not a neutral? He's literally just said he's a lifelong Utd fan that would pick a different club because it's sunnier there, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Yes - but clearly you have to eliminate a die hard United-fan from this debate. And I also interpreted his statement as both from a footballing and a climate point of view. They are better than us - a lot better than us. And the weather is nicer in Spain. And that may not matter to a footballer - but it does to a footballers wife.

Yes - but clearly you have to eliminate a die hard United-fan from this debate. And I also interpreted his statement as both from a footballing and a climate point of view. They are better than us - a lot better than us. And the weather is nicer in Spain. And that may not matter to a footballer - but it does to a footballers wife.
I don't care about what players are going to do, I specifically responded to the guy claiming to be a lifelong fan that would turn down the chance to play for Utd.

We’ve had an offer accepted for Yoro for days now. The agent is stalling waiting for clarification from Madrid while Madrid stall and hope the price comes down. Seems a bit messy from our perspective if it drags on. I assume we aren’t just going to leave an offer on the table indefinitely. I’d expect to hear something concrete from the player this week either way.

If we sign De Ligt and Yoro which one misses out when everyone is fit? I'd imagine Martinez is our first name on the team sheet.

Honestly taking injuries out of the equation Yoro probably has a better chance of being a starter at Madrid.

If we sign De Ligt and Yoro which one misses out when everyone is fit? I'd imagine Martinez is our first name on the team sheet.

Honestly taking injuries out of the equation Yoro probably has a better chance of being a starter at Madrid.

We won't play the same 11 week in week out

Just about to comment this. Unless we switch to a back 3, one of Yoro/De Ligt has to sit once in a while and would either be comfortable with that?

That lad Zubimendi looks great. No talk about him?

The word around him is that he wants to stay in Spain. There was some interest from Arsenal in him. We will need to do some big convincing in order to lure him in to Manchester. Arsenal having a London and Spanish-speaking coach will always be a more desirable location.

Just about to comment this. Unless we switch to a back 3, one of Yoro/De Ligt has to sit once in a while and would either be comfortable with that?
Every top team has to have a strong squad for rotation and bench quality. That's where we struggled last season with Martial and Malacia's injuries meaning we had no other options in those positions.

Provided we're offloading most of our other main CB's (and Varane has already gone), then having Martinez, De Ligt and Yoro would seem the right amount for two main spots. Any less and we're gambling hugely on either two players with recent injury issues or a teenager stepping up a level in club and league. If Yoro came in as undoubted first choice CB, with only the likes of Evans and Kambwala (we'd keep him in this scenario) as options, then there'd be plenty saying it's tough on him and huge pressure - rather than easing him in slower with less immediate expectation. Similar to what Hojlund faced last season.

The word around him is that he wants to stay in Spain. There was some interest from Arsenal in him. We will need to do some big convincing in order to lure him in to Manchester. Arsenal having a London and Spanish-speaking coach will always be a more desirable location.
Thanks - he always seems to have space around him, like Keane did.

I’d say after the injury crisis last season and how many players we have that have struggled with injury, we’d like to get into a position where we don’t run the same players into the ground. More like city with the squad depth.

Barca been in for him forever, but too broke. He may be tempted at some point if one of the big 2 don't make a move.

Yeah, the same thing happened with Pau Torres, who was waiting on Real or Barsa. When it didn't materialize, he moved to Villa.

Yeah, the same thing happened with Pau Torres, who was waiting on Real or Barsa. When it didn't materialize, he moved to Villa.

And might have lost his place in Spain's squad because of it

the three of them won’t always be fit though knowing us

Zirkzee, De Ligt, Yoro and Ugarte would be a very decent transfer window, in my opinion.

We can address the full back situation in the winter.

the three of them won’t always be fit though knowing us

5 subs a game. The starting 11 and ending 11 don't have to be the same.

Part of the reason our squad is so knackered all the time is we cannot manage their minutes properly.