Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

He did you're right. If it's over about 30-35m we shouldn't even look at it. We can always go in for free the season after if needs be.
Would go to £40m plus some small addons, any more than that and wait to pick him up next year on a free
30 would be my limit given other priorities/funds. Also wonder whether we can start including players in deals… we’ve got a few to get rid of.

3 CB signings make no sense, if we get Yoro then no chance we are after Branthwaite.

De Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte and Zirkzee and probably a LB/RB (if Wan Bissaka leaves) and CM (If Casemiro/Scott leaves) will be our window

I really like our proactive approach and profile of players we are getting in.

I also don't think we'll sign three centre backs, but I think it would make a lot of sense if we were targeting all three, especially if we're looking to offload Lindelof and Maguire. It would give us the perfect balance of De Ligt and Yoro on the right, with Martinez and Branthwaite on the left.

Why we after wingers instead of Dms or CMs?

We're after a midfielder in Ugarte. In addition to that, ten Hag bought Mason Mount last season, along with unleashing Kobbie Mainoo.

If we were to get Ugarte, it would give us the options of:

Ugarte
Mainoo
Bruno
Mount
McTominay
Amrabat?
Eriksen?

Whether the quality is there remains to be seen, but we certainly have enough options.

We're after a midfielder in Ugarte. In addition to that, ten Hag bought Mason Mount last season, along with unleashing Kobbie Mainoo.

Ugarte
Mainoo
Bruno
Mount
McTominay
Amrabat?
Eriksen?

Whether the quality is there remains to be seen, but we certainly have enough options.
Ugarte will be unproven in the PL and then we are only left with 1 proper CM in Mainoo and he is very young. Amrabat is backup at best, Eriksen has no legs, McTominay hates the ball.

Bruno and Mount are just not CMs. I think we could definitely get one more CM even if we get Ugarte.

Ugarte will be unproven in the PL and then we are only left with 1 proper CM in Mainoo and he is very young. Amrabat is backup at best, Eriksen has no legs, McTominay hates the ball.

Bruno and Mount are just not CMs. I think we could definitely get one more CM even if we get Ugarte.
We really need a DM to replace Casemiro. This was our biggest weakness last season, apart from a crazy amount of injuries to our CB’s. We seem to be addressing the CB problem, and also trying to add a bit more firepower up front, but DM is vital if we are to really progress imo.

I'd like Tsygankov if we sell both Antony and Sancho... which isn't going to happen. The price is solid for Tsygankov but ffs give Amad a shot.

we usually buy a player and then revert to the young players already at the club. Been happening since SAF left. Mainly as the managers believe time isn’t on their side ironically. Then their hasty transfer dealings lead to their demise..

Ugarte
Mainoo
Bruno
Mount
McTominay
Amrabat?
Eriksen?

The last 3 need to be replaced.

With all 3 plus Case gone, we should be able to get another decent mid, plus a freebie or gamble. Potentially can keep Amrabat, as backup to Ugarte (assuming he signs), but Mainoo should not be relied upon all season.

With the way the window has looked so far (Concrete links to only one central midfielder), we have to retain Amrabat. We cannot go into a new season with Mainoo and Ugarte as our only two viable central midfielders. Casemiro is finished and was a walking disaster last season, Mctominay is crap, Mount is not a central midfielder, Eriksen will leave probably and is not a central midfielder either. Amrabat has showed that when he is played in his normal position as a DM in a 2, he more than holds his own. He struggled with the speed of the league and was played out of position but he started to adapt to it towards the end of the season and was as big a reason for us winning the FA cup final as any other player. You have to retain him at £20m.

No to Toney now that we've got Zirkzee. Doesn't make sense. One or the other.

We need goals. Kirkzee isn’t proven to be a massive goal scorer as of yet. He’s better with other aspects of his game. Bringing in a striker that can score 20+ with experience wouldn’t be a massive issue.

We need goals. Kirkzee isn’t proven to be a massive goal scorer as of yet. He’s better with other aspects of his game. Bringing in a striker that can score 20+ with experience wouldn’t be a massive issue.
Hes quite the enabler though, which can really unlock 3 potentially deadly attackers

Underrated post.
I think a lot of people have been seduced by the FA Cup win, seemingly ignoring an 8th place finish, negative goal difference and assume that just having Shaw & Martinez playing will be enough to turn everything round.

Our attack was a totally out of sorts Rash, a still developing Garnacho, then a bit of Amad. Antony barely contributes, Sancho has it all to do to get back in the picture. Plus Hojlund not only has loads to learn, but has way too much on his shoulders.

Any strong additions are welcome!
1 billion percent.

We badly need a top winger who can add goals and creativity. Zirkzee won’t add enough.
Gutted that we couldn’t get Olise, he would almost guarantee double figures in goals/assists, but Neto, Williams or Doué would be decent alternatives. The links to alternative wingers have been tenuous so I hope that we actually make a move for one after one of Greenwood/Sancho are sold.
Rashford could easily have another crap season. Garnacho is still developing. Antony is shite, and Amad has potential but far from proven.

We’re getting into the time period now where the signings will need to start happening So that they’re bedded in before the start of the season.

Feels like 3-5-2 to be honest. With papers saying we may be after three CBs, linked with another full back, Zirkzee signing and also linked with Toney. We’ve been linked to zero wingers as far as I can tell. If we got the right CBs and that Turkish LB in, I think the formation would suit the current squad pretty well. Don’t even think we need another striker to make it work - the front two be comprised of different profiles of players, Rashford and Garnacho as wide forwards for example, and wouldn’t necessarily need to include a traditional no. 9

Edit - of course someone posts a tweet linking us to a winger as I’m typing this

I’ll eat my shoes if 3-5-2 becomes our primary tactic next season. Part of the remit for Ashworth and co is to establish a “United DNA”, a way of playing that all managers can adhere to and provide us with continuity. 3-5-2 is an inherently defensive formation and there is no way I see it as being congruent with any philosophy associated with Manchester United.

I think we are after 3 cbs as a way of ensuring we sign at least 2. But I think we will only sign two. Two that are needed in order to (a) plan for the future and (b) have enough cover and quality at CB. I would also be hugely surprised if we go after Toney at anything other than a cut price deal.

Underrated post.
I think a lot of people have been seduced by the FA Cup win, seemingly ignoring an 8th place finish, negative goal difference and assume that just having Shaw & Martinez playing will be enough to turn everything round.

Our attack was a totally out of sorts Rash, a still developing Garnacho, then a bit of Amad. Antony barely contributes, Sancho has it all to do to get back in the picture. Plus Hojlund not only has loads to learn, but has way too much on his shoulders.

Any strong additions are welcome!

Yeah he would take some pressure off Rasmus and Zirkzee

I'd like Tsygankov if we sell both Antony and Sancho... which isn't going to happen. The price is solid for Tsygankov but ffs give Amad a shot.
Agreed. It feels inevitable that he is going to be on the periphery again. ETH just doesn't rate him, I guess, and its too bad.

Underrated post.

Think most accept winning a trophy in the middle of a gigantic injury crisis is not a sackable offence, especially considering the alternatives were all shit.

People becoming so enamoured with blaming the manager for everything they suddenly think Potter, Frank, McKenna, de Zerbi and effing Southgate as United managers.

Agreed. It feels inevitable that he is going to be on the periphery again. ETH just doesn't rate him, I guess, and its too bad.

This isn't true at all, he's clarified what's gone on with Amad and why he hasn't had more minutes.

Why do our fans seem to want to piss and moan, to the extent they are either deliberately ignorant and don't actually follow what's going on or they just make things up entirely, like this post,seemingly because they just want to complain and point fingers?

He's addressed this and confirmed he would have liked to give him more minutes. His injuries and fitness meant he got less minutes than he wanted to give him as well as the fact there are several other players who also play that position. But he acknowledged his talent, that he's happy with his development, that we've had to rebuild him from the injuries he's had and that he deserves more minutes.

The Athletic also covered Amad specifically and why his injuries have really hampered him, along with some general bad luck in circumstance.

And if he didn't rate him, maybe it's a result of watching him for months, interacting with UK and seeing him in training as well as around the place. If that were the case, maybe his opinion is slightly better informed than forum dwellers who seemingly don't know what's going on at the club, let alone whether a player should be starting for Manchester United or not...?

Think most accept winning a trophy in the middle of a gigantic injury crisis is not a sackable offence, especially considering the alternatives were all shit.

People becoming so enamoured with blaming the manager for everything they suddenly think Potter, Frank, McKenna, de Zerbi and effing Southgate as United managers.
Yeah you could spin it that way.... and you could put words into the mouths of "most" .... and then there is people who watched the terrible, and I mean abjectly terrible football we played with 11 1st team regulars, the dozen or so negative records we broke etc... I am a pragmatist, and a realist, I accept that we had injuries but people becoming enamoured with blaming the manager... might just have some valid points

You know this belongs in the ETH thread, but seriously I like your rose tinted glasses

Sorry to split hairs, but they're paying a reported €53m for Olise, which is around £43m. Similarly it's € for the sell on fee, so that's around £17m-ish paid over the next 3 years.

From what I've read on here from our resident Dutch and Bayern fans, he didn't exactly fail there but was obviously never going to displace the likes of Müller or Lewa. They obviously thought he could still come good otherwise they wouldn't have insisted on such a high sell on fee.

Sure he could fail hard, but that's true of any player. How many sure things haven't worked out? Look at Sancho! Signing ready made stars hasn't really worked out for us, so I don't really have a problem with signing players like this who appear to be on the up and might have something to prove.

He left Bayern to seek regular football after all, first taking a step down to Belgium and then one of Series A's lesser known sides, and found success at both.
Read back what I said £30m plus the sell on fee for Zirkzee agree this is £17m not £20m however - Total £47m is Approx €53m and Bayern have the cash to pay Olise Buy out in one instalment, we currently do not !

Will Zirkzee instantly make United a Premier league team that can score 70-75 goals, not so sure and by the look of it neither are United or they wouldn’t be currently linked with Ivan Toney recently ?

Have a feeling Yoro will be coming to us. We’ll have him for 5-6 years then he’ll go to Madrid
Why will he be going to Madrid? Apart from Ronaldo when did we sell a player to Madrid that we wanted to keep? Also what makes you think Real won't buy someone else within that time period?

Have a feeling Yoro will be coming to us. We’ll have him for 5-6 years then he’ll go to Madrid

This has only happened once in history in fairness. Absolutely it could happen but that’d require him meeting his top potential (always a great unknown) and Madrid remaining more dominant than United in Europe (likely) and doing so whilst not having two great centre backs (very unlikely).

People reckoned the same with Pogba when he joined us.

Why will he be going to Madrid? Apart from Ronaldo when did we sell a player to Madrid that we wanted to keep? Also what makes you think Real won't buy someone else within that time period?
Well unless he flops, we will develop him and they get him at his peak years