Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Read back what I said £30m plus the sell on fee for Zirkzee agree this is £17m not £20m however - Total £47m is Approx €53m and Bayern have the cash to pay Olise Buy out in one instalment, we currently do not !

Will Zirkzee instantly make United a Premier league team that can score 70-75 goals, not so sure and by the look of it neither are United or they wouldn’t be currently linked with Ivan Toney recently ?

Not sure Toney helps do that either to be honest

Well unless he flops, we will develop him and they get him at his peak years

I wouldn't be so sure. If Yoro comes to United and plays well, he'll get a renewal and a wage bump that will put him beyond the price Madrid like to pay for defenders. This strategy of picking up experienced defenders on free transfers is serving them pretty well, and there's a good chance they'll carry it on. Doubly so when there's always a new Brazilian wonderkid to throw £50m at.

Have a feeling Yoro will be coming to us. We’ll have him for 5-6 years then he’ll go to Madrid
From the bits I’ve seen, I hope he does.

Just wonder how he, de Ligt and Martinez would feel about shared game time given all three (in current career path) would be looking to be a first choice CH.. one/all has to have some patience. Fantastic position for us to be in if happened though.

Have a feeling Yoro will be coming to us. We’ll have him for 5-6 years then he’ll go to Madrid

You guys need to put these fantasies to rest. United, despite being shit, is still a final destination type of club, we don't sign players with the long-term view of selling them.

This has only happened once in history in fairness. Absolutely it could happen but that’d require him meeting his top potential (always a great unknown) and Madrid remaining more dominant than United in Europe (likely) and doing so whilst not having two great centre backs (very unlikely).

People reckoned the same with Pogba when he joined us.

The same kinda happened with Ruud and Beckham. Came close to happening with Roy, but we managed to change his mind. Since SAF we haven't had many players good enough to interest other top clubs. Probably only Bruno and Rashford. There was interest in Rashford, but his being an academy player probably made him more open to staying.

We haven't had any similar situation in recent years, where a player preferred another club and had performed well enough for them to actually want him. Pogba wasn't good enough to warrant a move to another big side. Di Maria and Sanchez both wanted to leave immediately, but never performed for us anyway.

If Yoro joins, hopefully he reaches the top level and stays for the long term, but it's certainly possible he may want to leave for another big club in the future also. Personally don't think that's a valid reason not to go for him though.

You guys need to put these fantasies to rest. United, despite being shit, is still a final destination type of club, we don't sign players with the long-term view of selling them.
But we also need to recognize that for many players, Madrid is like reaching the promised land

The same kinda happened with Ruud and Beckham. Came close to happening with Roy, but we managed to change his mind.

Absolute tosh.

Ruud was benched by Saha, was frustrating for him but every man and his dog could see we were a better side with Saha in it. That’s like pretending we took Varane or Casemiro off them.

Becks… thought everyone knew that story now after his doc, wanted to stay, Fergie fecked him off. We were delighted to get rid and had already agreed a deal with Barca just to get him out.

Absolute tosh.

Ruud was benched by Saha, was frustrating for him but every man and his dog could see we were a better side with Saha in it. That’s like pretending we took Varane or Casemiro off them.

Becks… thought everyone knew that story now after his doc, wanted to stay, Fergie fecked him off. We were delighted to get rid and had already agreed a deal with Barca just to get him out.

We need to stop calling films documentaries when they are paid for by their subject.

But we also need to recognize that for many players, Madrid is like reaching the promised land

I don't think that needs "recognising", as it is understood. For the vast majority of players Madrid is the pinnacle. It doesn't negate my assertions though. United isn't trying to buy Yoro to have him for 5-6 years. We only reluctantly sold once.

If we do end up buying him and then selling him, it'll likely be because he's either no longer core to us, and/or we failed to ensure security regarding his contractual situation at the club - I don't think the latter is likely.

I don't think that needs "recognising", as it is understood. For the vast majority of players Madrid is the pinnacle. It doesn't negate my assertions though. United isn't trying to buy Yoro to have him for 5-6 years. We only reluctantly sold once.

If we do end up buying him and then selling him, it'll likely be because he's either no longer core to us, and/or we failed to ensure security regarding his contractual situation at the club - I don't think the latter is likely.
Or.. the player is a huge Madrid fan but is prepared to go to United and get 4-5 years experience/development but knows that he will still be 22/23 and can move to Madrid then. It should not stop us from buying him, we have 4-5 years to convince hI’m that he’s in the right place

Or.. the player is a huge Madrid fan but is prepared to go to United and get 4-5 years experience/development but knows that he will still be 22/23 and can move to Madrid then. It should not stop us from buying him, we have 4-5 years to convince hI’m that he’s in the right place

I mean, I don't know how anyone would read my posts and not see I'm not post from - nor particularly care for the POV or intentions of the player. Again, United isn't buying him with the intention of having him for 4/5 years. Yoro and his advisers will surely be aware that United isn't a "selling" club, before accepting any potential move. If you think that we're going into this with a "yeah we can have and develop him, for 4/5 years and then we can sell him to Madrid for a profit" you're free to do so. I'm simply pointing at our stature and what we've done historically, to say otherwise.

I’m a lifelong United fan who can’t stand Real, yet if I could play football and both clubs made me an offer, I’d choose United first with a view to ending up in Madrid at some point. Outside of purely footballing reasons, I can see why the city appeals to a lot of players.

Last edited:
I’m a lifelong United fan who can’t stand Real, yet if I could play football and both clubs made me an offer, I’d choose Madrid. Sorry and all, but as a city for the family to grow up, it’s a no contest.

Bloody annoying isn’t it?
Usually maybe, but as an 18 year old… he could develop somewhere else and could be the best thing for him.

Never thought it was a realistic chance so won’t be overly upset if doesn’t happen.

I mean, I don't know how anyone would read my posts and not see I'm not post from - nor particularly care for the POV or intentions of the player. Again, United isn't buying him with the intention of having him for 4/5 years. Yoro and his advisers will surely be aware that United isn't a "selling" club, before accepting any potential move. If you think that we're going into this with a "yeah we can have and develop him, for 4/5 years and then we can sell him to Madrid for a profit" you're free to do so. I'm simply pointing at our stature and what we've done historically, to say otherwise.

Or as I’ve been saying, he wants to go to Madrid at some stage in his career. It’s a one or the other choice as you’ve laid out.

he could well be core to us but decides that 5 years at United is enough

I’m a lifelong United fan who can’t stand Real, yet if I could play football and both clubs made me an offer, I’d choose Madrid. Sorry and all, but as a city for the family to grow up, it’s a no contest.

Or potentially you could play for both if you’re young enough and good enough

I’m a lifelong United fan and if both clubs made me an offer I’d tell Madrid to go and find someone else :)

I wouldn't mind that, 5-6 years is more than ample time to stabilize the club and be in a position to scout and sign or develop a replacement. Right now we need to up the quality of our defense to get us competing.

Or as I’ve been saying, he wants to go to Madrid at some stage in his career. It’s a one or the other choice as you’ve laid out.

he could well be core to us but decides that 5 years at United is enough

Players can't move unless their clubs sells them - hence me adding the qualifier regarding contractual security - and me pointing at what United has done historically.

Ultimately, United doesn't sign players with the long-term view of selling them.

Players can't move unless their clubs sells them - hence me adding the qualifier regarding contractual security - and me pointing at what United has done historically.

Ultimately, United doesn't sign players with the long-term view of selling them.
A club can still sell a player against club wishes you know. Hence why I disagree with your two options.

Manchester for me.

A club can still sell a player against club wishes you know. Hence why I disagree with your two options.

Thus me saying I'm not posting from the POV nor do I particularly care for the intentions of the player. Though I very much doubt he''d be signing to United with his long-term intentions being "forcing a move". Again, Yoro and his team are aware United isn't a selling club. United has only done that once.

Which makes me point to the contractual security qualifier once more.

Thus me saying I'm not posting from the POV nor do I particularly care for the intentions of the player. Though I very much doubt he''d be signing to United with his long-term intentions being "forcing a move". Again, Yoro and his team are aware United isn't a selling club. United has only done that once.

Which makes me point to the contractual security qualifier once more.
Sigh. He doesn’t have to force a move. He could simply say, I’ve been In Manchester already 3 years, I won’t be signing a new contract.

I am not sure they can, otherwise that would be a form of slavery, basically when a club "sells" a player to another club, they are selling their registration and being compensated for allowing the contract with their player to be rescinded, if the player refuses to sign a contract with the other club then the move cannot progress, you cannot force the player to sign a contract with the other club and the other club cannot register the player without that players agreement.... so no you cannot sell a player contrary to their wises, in any circumstance....

Some fan you are. Noted for future reference. But you are annoying, you are right about that part. Give me United every time. There’s only one United.

If Yoro was to sign for us it would be up to us to become a good enough team that he wouldn't want to move in 4 or 5 years.

If in that time Real are still winning champions leagues and we're struggling to get near top 4 then he's more than justified in wanting to leave.

Sigh. He doesn’t have to force a move. He could simply say, I’ve been In Manchester already 3 years, I won’t be signing a new contract.

Ignoring how risky a move it is to not renew a contract for a player - since their livelihood is in jeopardy every time they step on a pitch.

What you've just said is forcing a move, unless you think going on strike and not showing up to training or something are the only ways of forcing a move.

I disagree, id 100000% rather wear the shirt I love and play at OT every other week, ultimate dream. It’s no contest for me, best club in the world.

I gotta say, you don’t sound like much of a lifelong fan :lol:

I’d take United every day of the week, and I’d have kids after football and move as a rich as feck ex footballer who lived out his boyhood dream to a much better city than shitty Madrid to bring them up.

I gotta say, you don’t sound like much of a lifelong fan :lol:

I’d take United every day of the week, and I’d have kids after football and move as a rich as feck ex footballer who lived out his boyhood dream to a much better city than shitty Madrid to bring them up.
Yeah think I got caught up in the Euros drama. Have given my head a wobble and admit I’d never pass on United.

I’ve also taken the thread off topic so I’ve got it all wrong on two counts. :rolleyes:

If I knew United were in for me it would be a no brainer. Bucket list stuff right there.

I am not sure they can, otherwise that would be a form of slavery, basically when a club "sells" a player to another club, they are selling their registration and being compensated for allowing the contract with their player to be rescinded, if the player refuses to sign a contract with the other club then the move cannot progress, you cannot force the player to sign a contract with the other club and the other club cannot register the player without that players agreement.... so no you cannot sell a player contrary to their wises, in any circumstance....
You’re thinking of it the other way round

player A says he won’t be signing a new contract. Madrid meanwhile tell him they will sign him closer to the end of his contract.
In such a case United either sell him or he leaves for a free when his contract is up