Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Odd how this seems to be a narrative.
I guess it's not that odd when you consider the poster in question is a guy who hates the manager so much, piece of news is bad from here on.

I guess it's not that odd when you consider the poster in question is a guy who hates the manager so much, piece of news is bad from here on.
:lol:, true. It's not just him though, definitely seems rife in the Yoro thread too.

In a bit of hole now with what appears our top 3 CB targets (Branthwaite, Yoro and Todibo) pretty much off the table. De Ligt probably the back up option.
If things have genuinely changed then we'll be looking at other players surely. It's our scouting department's chance to show their worth.

If things have genuinely changed then we'll be looking at other players surely. It's our scouting department's chance to show their worth.
Lets hope so.

Bayern will be rubbing their hands ready to rinse us (they probably were already)

Like I suggested, £10M fee. Chelsea would have got £30M for him.

No they wouldn't. Not even Chelsea can sell a CB used only in the worst injury crisis imaginable who was coming off of 2 years out with injury himself going into the last year of his contract having already publicly rejected an extension. For £30 million

They only got £5 million, including add-ons for an infinitely more proven Callum Hudson Odoi.

To Brentford he is probably worth more than Kane was to Tottenham.

If Toney stays then Brentford stay in the league...what price/value would you put on that?
Like last season when he was out till January, only scored 4 goals after his return and Brentford still stayed up? His absence didn’t make any difference to their survival.

In a bit of hole now with what appears our top 3 CB targets (Branthwaite, Yoro and Todibo) pretty much off the table. De Ligt probably the back up option.

I don't know if we are in a hole yet, but those three were the top choices if we go by Orny. Wonder who are other targets given that we need atleast two.

I don't know if we are in a hole yet, but those three were the top choices if we go by Orny. Wonder who are other targets given that we need atleast two.
Silva was the utmost priority up until a couple months ago. Our shortlist is not limited to Yorro and Branthwaite

If Toney stays then Brentford stay in the league...what price/value would you put on that?

Not anymore. Towards the last part of the season, Wissa and Mbuemo were the preferred choice in attack, due to their speed, and my personal opinion is that Thomas Frank was getting the team ready for a life after Toney. He openly said that he would move.

Silva was the utmost priority up until a couple months ago. Our shortlist is not limited to Yorro and Branthwaite

I am sure. I said those were the top 3 choices according to Ornstein.

Silva was mentioned by Ornstein or Stone or someone equally reliable? Because I know you believe in only 3-4 top journalists.

Mbeumo and Wissa are more than capable of getting goals. On top of that Toney gives them money for buying other players to help build their squad.

He’s 50-60m max for me. He basically didnt do much last season for obvious reasons. There’s almost no resale value in him neither, lots of dangersignals if we pay over 50m for him imo.

I am sure. I said those were the top 3 choices according to Ornstein.

Silva was mentioned by Ornstein or Stone or someone equally reliable? Because I know you believe in only 3-4 top journalists.
Romano

Said he was on the list.

But Silva is Benfica, correct? That would mean paying his release clause.

What about a left footed option? Anyone mentioned for that?
Nope, on one of his videos he said Silva was the "utmost priority", and United were considering no one else before Silva. It was just his name at the top, then the price was seen as far too high from the club and they moved on to the rest of the targets.

Find links to Ivan Toney very disappointing. Would not represent value for us at all and we have more important positions to fill imo. With zirkzee I think we can move on from the striker position for this summer.

Not seen us linked seriously to anyone else yet.

I didn’t say anything about any value at all but he’s clearly not their saviour as you suggested.

Ah my bad, you replied after bolded this part of my post. So I thought you were gonna throw in a value, it sounds like you think he is worthless? haha.

Last edited:
If we sign Toney are we going 442 this season? Three strikers is excessive for a 4231.
Possibly, but not sure how we can accommodate Bruno, Zirkzee and Mount, if we have Mainoo plus a DM in there.
Feels like 3-5-2 to be honest. With papers saying we may be after three CBs, linked with another full back, Zirkzee signing and also linked with Toney. We’ve been linked to zero wingers as far as I can tell. If we got the right CBs and that Turkish LB in, I think the formation would suit the current squad pretty well. Don’t even think we need another striker to make it work - the front two be comprised of different profiles of players, Rashford and Garnacho as wide forwards for example, and wouldn’t necessarily need to include a traditional no. 9

Edit - of course someone posts a tweet linking us to a winger as I’m typing this

I'd like Tsygankov if we sell both Antony and Sancho... which isn't going to happen. The price is solid for Tsygankov but ffs give Amad a shot.

Find links to Ivan Toney very disappointing. Would not represent value for us at all and we have more important positions to fill imo. With zirkzee I think we can move on from the striker position for this summer.

You do remember we finished the season with a negative goal difference?

You do remember we finished the season with a negative goal difference?

Underrated post.
I think a lot of people have been seduced by the FA Cup win, seemingly ignoring an 8th place finish, negative goal difference and assume that just having Shaw & Martinez playing will be enough to turn everything round.

Our attack was a totally out of sorts Rash, a still developing Garnacho, then a bit of Amad. Antony barely contributes, Sancho has it all to do to get back in the picture. Plus Hojlund not only has loads to learn, but has way too much on his shoulders.

Any strong additions are welcome!

Underrated post.
I think a lot of people have been seduced by the FA Cup win, seemingly ignoring an 8th place finish, negative goal difference and assume that just having Shaw & Martinez playing will be enough to turn everything round.

Our attack was a totally out of sorts Rash, a still developing Garnacho, then a bit of Amad. Antony barely contributes, Sancho has it all to do to get back in the picture. Plus Hojlund not only has loads to learn, but has way too much on his shoulders.

Any strong additions are welcome!

Toney had an awful return after a lengthy lay off. He will cost a fortune and a bigger issue is our creativity. I would sooner see our defence and midfield strengthened. We have already seemingly signed an attacker.

Toney had an awful return after a lengthy lay off. He will cost a fortune and a bigger issue is our creativity. I would sooner see our defence and midfield strengthened. We have already seemingly signed an attacker.

He did you're right. If it's over about 30-35m we shouldn't even look at it. We can always go in for free the season after if needs be.

He did you're right. If it's over about 30-35m we shouldn't even look at it. We can always go in for free the season after if needs be.

Would go to £40m plus some small addons, any more than that and wait to pick him up next year on a free

Not familiar with him but Girona had an unbelievable season so I'm guessing he's good? We'll need to sell two wingers to accommodate him though.