Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

There was an article recently talking about how United were something like 200+ million over the limit for that PSR bullshit, I know very little about the rules but United need to get that number down!

Getting 10 million for a home grown player will help a little.

If Sancho stays then you might need to hope Casemiro moves for a decent fee plus maybe Maguire/McTom/AWB.

Why? he is on his last year will be easy to get.
I've already stated in a previous post what my thoughts are on him and Brentford have already gotten articles out on how much they rate him and would look for fees like 80m. Even if we take that as a negotiation tactic, no ways he's coming on the cheap and he will be looking for big money as this will be his last opportunity to get a big contract.

I've already stated in a previous post what my thoughts are on him and Brentford have already gotten articles out on how much they rate him and would look for fees like 80m. Even if we take that as a negotiation tactic, no ways he's coming on the cheap and he will be looking for big money as this will be his last opportunity to get a big contract.

Silly posturing.
They're not getting a huge fee for a guy who looked well off the pace after a 6month ban, who only has a year left.

Silly posturing.
They're not getting a huge fee for a guy who looked well off the pace after a 6month ban, who only has a year left.
Yup, you can bet(heh) they will try to get as much as they can from us though. There's no price at which I would want to sign him.

Sancho, garnacho, amad, Bruno, rashford, zirkzee, hojlund and toney. Is that too stacked ? Does it indicate that we’ll be using squad depth more going forward rather than running certain players into the ground… it’s a lot of depth.

Not really. Sancho will go I feel. Garnacho, Hojlund and rashford are very inconsistent. Amad I have no idea how he will perform and likewise with Zirkhee.

is anyone else having the issue of transfer tweets not showing up at all? I’m neither getting the notifications nor are the showing up when I click on the transfer tweets option. Im
Just having to click on here and scroll through to find updates

Clearly a major squad overhaul underway to create options to play different ways for different opponents and to change mid game from the bench - UTD have lacked options for a number of years

the idea of a fixed starting place is gone - if UTD want to compete for honours they need to increase the options and move away from the idea that the bulk of the 11 are pencilled in for each game and expect to play 90 mins

they won’t get there in one window obviously but it’s pretty clear the new group are now building for the anniversary season so most recruits need in the main to be younger so they can be a part of the project - Toney at 28 may be an exception

Reactions: Cheimoon
If we sign Toney are we going 442 this season? Three strikers is excessive for a 4231.

He's way overrated on here. Just your average mid table striker and not a great striker like some on here believe. Watkins is great, Toney is not. He's not guaranteeing 20 goals, not sure why people think it's a given.
Totally agree.

He's way overrated on here. Just your average mid table striker and not a great striker like some on here believe. Watkins is great, Toney is not. He's not guaranteeing 20 goals, not sure why people think it's a given.

I think he is quite talented. Also a really good defender. But there is a few huge risks with Toney. His attitude, for one, seems dodgy.

I would prefer Solanke.

:lol: Keep him then

:lol: Keep him then
Yep, they can keep him. I would like nothing more than that. They've already replaced him so it doesn't appear he's as important to them as they'd like to claim.

Yep, they can keep him. I would like nothing more than that. They've already replaced him so it doesn't appear he's as important to them as they'd like to claim.

They were posturing like this with Raya and ended up bending over for Arsenal in the end. I think that's probably what will happen again - same club and all.

I actually quite like Toney as a player, but I don't think we could even afford the knock-down price, and I don't think he'd add too much to the side anyway.

In a bit of hole now with what appears our top 3 CB targets (Branthwaite, Yoro and Todibo) pretty much off the table. De Ligt probably the back up option.

Like I suggested, £10M fee. Chelsea would have got £30M for him.
They really wouldn't. Performances matter a lot and most of the big sales you see from other clubs is because they had successful loans or impressed for the national youth teams. Kambwala has been injured for majority of his time here and has only 22 appearances for us in 3 years.

Unless you are looking at some kind of PSR sham deals, it wouldn't matter if he was at Chelsea or City even they would not be able to sell him for that much.

Like they did for Batsiyui, Drinkwater and Baba Rahman?

Add Hudson Odoi to that list as well, went for a huge 3 million (not sure what the circumstances were tbf)

But it is somewhat of a myth that every club bar United are selling their cast off for 30-40 million plus.

Add Hudson Odoi to that list as well, went for a huge 3 million (not sure what the circumstances were tbf)

But it is somewhat of a myth that every club bar United are selling their cast off for 30-40 million plus.
Matej Delac, Malang Sarr, Lucas Piazon, Josh Mcheachran, Kasey Palmer, Lewis Baker, Musonda, Kakuta, Tomas Kalas and so many more were either released or sold for peanuts. Some on CAF overrate everything other clubs do mainly because they don't pay as much attention to those clubs as they do United so everything those clubs do seem like gold.

In a bit of hole now with what appears our top 3 CB targets (Branthwaite, Yoro and Todibo) pretty much off the table. De Ligt probably the back up option.
De Ligt doesn't appear to be a backup.

The same bracket as Kane's move :lol:

To Brentford he is probably worth more than Kane was to Tottenham.

If Toney stays then Brentford stay in the league...what price/value would you put on that?