Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Felt like all last season we struggled with creating much at all and yet none of the signings seem to be creative players. Not sure how we will score more goals

ZZ is. We have a lot of wing options and potentially a couple of academy players pushing on.

The main thing is to stop being moments fc and have a style of play. With ETH back and a few weeks training before tour starts let's see if they can get them playing for each other.

A couple of weeks of extra 1:1 sessions with Ruud and Rasmus would be grand.

A lot of the window still to go.

Felt like all last season we struggled with creating much at all and yet none of the signings seem to be creative players. Not sure how we will score more goals

I think if we have better defenders and midfielders we’re hoping our forwards can focus on scoring goals, rather than making a 10 man wall across the end of our penalty box.

In your opinion, plenty of the rest of us think differently to you and your relentless misery
So being linked with a few CBs (we won't buy them all) is the most exciting transfer window EVER to you? And I'm miserable for not agreeing? :lol:

Feels like the first error INEOS are making honestly

Nah I feel our current bids are too low, but purposefully so, I expect we will arrive with a fair and final bid before saying either goodbye Everton or welcome Branthwaite - I suspect £50m plus addons may see Everton let him go and in 2024 that isn’t a crazy valuation.

So being linked with a few CBs (we won't buy them all) is the most exciting transfer window EVER to you? And I'm miserable for not agreeing? :lol:
Why are you focusing on just the centre backs? They're not the only players we're linked to and looks like we're signing. And yes I think it's pretty exciting that we're getting very good players in positions we need, and early in the window too. And also, yes you are miserable.

Why are you focusing on just the centre backs? They're not the only players we're linked to and looks like we're signing. And yes I think it's pretty exciting that we're getting very good players in positions we need, and early in the window too. And also, yes you are miserable.
So best ever or not?

So best ever or not?
That poster didn't say best ever. But aside from that, them saying most exciting ever is a bit much alright I agree, I actually thought they just said it was exciting. Apologies for that.

But you're still miserable :lol: :lol:

That poster didn't say best ever. But aside from that, them saying most exciting ever is a bit much alright I agree, I actually thought they just said it was exciting. Apologies for that.

But you're still miserable :lol: :lol:
So you agreed with me after all. Miserable.

There seems to be a lot of teams using 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 at different times of the season. Both those formations could be useful at times.

I could certainly see 3-4-1-2 with Bruno being two of Hojlund/Rashford/Garnacho/Zirkzee. Maybe Mainoo and Ugarte as the two CM’s.
Would justify the need for 3 new cbs as has been mentioned a lot

Nah I feel our current bids are too low, but purposefully so, I expect we will arrive with a fair and final bid before saying either goodbye Everton or welcome Branthwaite - I suspect £50m plus addons may see Everton let him go and in 2024 that isn’t a crazy valuation.

That gets fairly close to Everton's valuation of the player. Fofana went for 80M EUR.

50M GBP = 60M EUR + add-ons is pushing it up to the 70M EUR mark. Not cheap anymore.

Feels like the first error INEOS are making honestly
Why so? He’s 21 and showing a boatload of promise. He’s a left centre half that can be a LB too. Strong in the air and in the tackle. Passing is good too. Fully acclimatised to the Prem too. Tell me why this is an error please?

Why so? He’s 21 and showing a boatload of promise. He’s a left centre half that can be a LB too. Strong in the air and in the tackle. Passing is good too. Fully acclimatised to the Prem too. Tell me why this is an error please?

Too expensive. In a world where De Ligt is going for 42m, we shouldn't be paying 60m for this guy. You pay that for someone who's already a world class center back (Gvardiol) or someone who is amongst the top young CB prospects in the entire world (guys like Yoro, De Ligt of Ajax days). Don't think Branthwaite is in either camp.

He's a decent defender and shows some promise. Go back in for him in a few years if he actually becomes one of the best CBs in the league. His contract situation will be more favorable in a year or two.

In what way? The players linked aren't particularly exciting.

In the way that we are linked with a lot of players - and linked by more or less reliable sources. Frequently with us - we have been linked with 1 or 2 players for months and in the end we sign a few other players out of the blue. And I don't know what you consider exciting - Ugarte, Branthwaite, Yoro, De Ligt etc are certainly more exciting than what we have been linked to for the majority of the last 10 seasons.

Too expensive. In a world where De Ligt is going for 42m, we shouldn't be paying 60m for this guy. You pay that for someone who's already a world class center back (Gvardiol) or someone who is amongst the top young CB prospects in the entire world (guys like Yoro, De Ligt of Ajax days). Don't think Branthwaite is in either camp.

He's a decent defender and shows some promise. Go back in for him in a few years if he actually becomes one of the best CBs in the league. His contract situation will be more favorable in a year or two.

Or more likely - go back for him in a few years - when he is playing for City or Chelsea ?

In the way that we are linked with a lot of players - and linked by more or less reliable sources. Frequently with us - we have been linked with 1 or 2 players for months and in the end we sign a few other players out of the blue. And I don't know what you consider exciting - Ugarte, Branthwaite, Yoro, De Ligt etc are certainly more exciting than what we have been linked to for the majority of the last 10 seasons.
I'd say the first Mourinho summer was more exciting player wise for one if we're talking last 10 years, let alone ever.

I'd say the first Mourinho summer was more exciting player wise for one if we're talking last 10 years, let alone ever.

Well - I hope everyone understands that when I said ever - I was referring to the social media age.....back in the 80s or early 90s - you picked up a paper and noticed that United had signed Cantona. Whereas the summer when we signed Nani and Anderson - as I recall there were no rumours about it, until David Gill had been to Portugal and signed both players without anyone knowing.

Well - I hope everyone understands that when I said ever - I was referring to the social media age.....back in the 80s or early 90s - you picked up a paper and noticed that United had signed Cantona. Whereas the summer when we signed Nani and Anderson - as I recall there were no rumours about it, until David Gill had been to Portugal and signed both players without anyone knowing.
Those were the days.

Could there be a possibility that they try to get around this by selling him for cheap but selling another player way above his market value? (re. MG sell-on clause)