Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

No way we're signing 3 CBs. We're pushing for 2 and deciding which ones to pick out of the three based on budget/fees.

There was some buzz around both Lindelof (to Turkey) and Maguire (can't recall where exactly) leaving. We'd need 3 in that case. But yeah it's too much change in the squad. Surely we can't manage to shift all of AwB, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro, Sancho, Greenwood, VdB, Varane, Martial in one window.

Anything they get over £22 million we get up to 50% of

What?

I don’t think that’s right mate. A sell on clause means we get 50% of anything they sell him for - not just anything above £22m.

I was asking how the purchasing of additional percentage points works.

No way we're signing 3 CBs. We're pushing for 2 and deciding which ones to pick out of the three based on budget/fees.

There seems to be a lot of teams using 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 at different times of the season. Both those formations could be useful at times.

I could certainly see 3-4-1-2 with Bruno being two of Hojlund/Rashford/Garnacho/Zirkzee. Maybe Mainoo and Ugarte as the two CM’s.

Seriously impressed we managed to get so much for him
Makes it even sadder that he threw away his career like that.

If team are willing to pay us 20 mil now plus 40$ of the future sale, clearly they expect to get at least 80-90 million. What a talent and what a shame.

I am not saying this will turn out the way we want - but surely this must be the most exciting transfer summer ever ?

Don't see why not.

Varane, who was our most experienced defender left. Martinez is still a doubt. We are also looking to shift Lindelof and Maguire, so signing 3 CBs makes sense.

Martinez, Evans, Kambwala, CB1, CB2, CB3.

What?

I don’t think that’s right mate. A sell on clause means we get 50% of anything they sell him for - not just anything above £22m.

I was asking how the purchasing of additional percentage points works.

Depends on the clause, some are anything over initial transfer fee, others are half of entire sale fee.

Probably as good as we could have managed in the circumstances. Hard to get too delighted with the amount when you consider how much he should really be going for. But hopefully that'll be reflected in a future sale and we'll further benefit then.

Felt like all last season we struggled with creating much at all and yet none of the signings seem to be creative players. Not sure how we will score more goals