Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Signing 3CBs doesnt make sense, 2 is more than enough. If we have excess funds, getting another winger or a RB is a bigger priority after couple of CBs, a midfielder(or two), a left back, and a striker.
or maybe we will finally pull Real having 3-4 for same position fighitng all the time for game time and after 1-2 seasons just keep the ones performing the best and sell other ones when they still have some value rather then having players like Lindelof Wan Bissaka for 6-7 who have market value like 1/6 of what we paid for them and with their high wages we got next to nothing.

Signing 3CBs doesnt make sense, 2 is more than enough. If we have excess funds, getting another winger or a RB is a bigger priority after couple of CBs, a midfielder(or two), a left back, and a striker.
Lindelof, Maguire and Varane are leaving, makes perfect sense considering Licha was injured quite a bit last season.

We had a record number of CB pairings last season. 3 CBs would be fine.

If Juve wants Sancho, I think we should look at including Federico Chiesa in this deal. He had injuries but overcame it last year and looks like a real deal again.
Was crap during the euro’s…which doesn’t mean much as most players have been but certainly didn’t look like the player he was pre-injury.

We had a record number of CB pairings last season. 3 CBs would be fine.
I think we have to consider last season a freak season. It isn't usual that we have that many injuries. It isn't usual for an ETH team either.

ooof embarrassing…..

I agree, reports saying Malacia is still crocked with no indication of when back in training.

May be why we are looking at Ferdi

I seen a couple of articles saying he'll still be training away from the first team, mad.

Can’t believe we’re well into July now and not signed anyone yet

I think other than branthwaite, the main targets are all currently involved in international tournaments. Id expect some movement next week - ugarte, de ligt, zirkzee

I think other than branthwaite, the main targets are all currently involved in international tournaments. Id expect some movement next week - ugarte, de ligt, zirkzee
I'm quite excited about those 3 names you mentioned there.

Hopefully de ligt and Zirkzee can sort something out Thursday morning

3 CB signings make no sense, if we get Yoro then no chance we are after Branthwaite.

De Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte and Zirkzee and probably a LB/RB (if Wan Bissaka leaves) and CM (If Casemiro/Scott leaves) will be our window

I really like our proactive approach and profile of players we are getting in.

Listen I dont mind us splurging for 3 CBs either. But if that comes at a cost of addressing other important areas like Right Back or Right Wing then that doesnt make sense to me. We need those areas upgraded first, before looking for a third new CB.

2 new CBs, Martinez, Evans and Kambwala is fine for the season.

This is assuming we will get a Left back, DM and CF in also.

I can see the reported bid north of €60m for Yoro being repurposed for Branthwaite later in the window. Assuming Yoro will only entertain Real Madrid. Even Liverpool might opt to move for him and can offer Champions League.

3 CB signings make no sense, if we get Yoro then no chance we are after Branthwaite.

De Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte and Zirkzee and probably a LB/RB (if Wan Bissaka leaves) and CM (If Casemiro/Scott leaves) will be our window

I really like our proactive approach and profile of players we are getting in.
Makes good sense to me. Sell Lindelof and maybe Maguire too. No chance Licha and De Ligt both stay fit throughout the season. Licha may well need to fill in at full back.

Makes good sense to me. Sell Lindelof and maybe Maguire too. No chance Licha and De Ligt both stay fit throughout the season. Licha may well need to fill in at full back.
You could probably make sense for every position right now. Doesn't mean we can/should afford to put the budget there

Yeah this is good business. £22m in our pocket now, and you'd have to think we'll be getting at least the same again when he's sold on in a couple of years time.

I wonder how the Getafe 20% clause works in terms of future fees?

Amazing what you can get done when any potential in or out transfer doesn't sit in Joel Glazer's unread email inbox for about three weeks before anything happens.

Cheers Ashworth

Its a bit obvious no? Far too much work needed in the squad to improve our forward area, signing 3 CBs won't help with our faltering attack. We simply don't have the funds to cover for it. Makes sense we're chasing our backup option when our primary option is perhaps stuttering due to the parent club over valuing no?