Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Could there be a possibility that they try to get around this by selling him for cheap but selling another player way above his market value? (re. MG sell-on clause)

I was thinking I bet there is a way they end up not paying any future transfer fee.

Hopefully it’s a water tight contract and we get a good future amount. You can’t see him staying at Marseille more than a couple of years, so no chance he runs his contract down and leaves on a free.

Too expensive. In a world where De Ligt is going for 42m, we shouldn't be paying 60m for this guy. You pay that for someone who's already a world class center back (Gvardiol) or someone who is amongst the top young CB prospects in the entire world (guys like Yoro, De Ligt of Ajax days). Don't think Branthwaite is in either camp.

He's a decent defender and shows some promise. Go back in for him in a few years if he actually becomes one of the best CBs in the league. His contract situation will be more favorable in a year or two.

de Ligt whilst I am all for signing him has developed some downsides to his reputation - the term injury prone has stuck to him though I don’t believe he is and people continue to spout he’s failed at two big clubs, again I don’t agree but it is what people say and could be why his value is lower.

Stones signed for City from Everton for almost £50m nearly 10 years ago so with inflation I reckon Branthwaite around £50m with addons is comparable.

Could there be a possibility that they try to get around this by selling him for cheap but selling another player way above his market value? (re. MG sell-on clause)
I think that's where the "the right to buy additional percentages at a later point".
Basically sounds like a first right of refusal, where we buy him back for the potentially cheap amount they agreed to sell him for and re-sell him ourselves. In reality it wouldn't play out like that, it will call their bluff though and eliminate that possibility.

Good deal. The value is in the wages saved. Too much focus on transfer fees when wages are the real killer.
How long did he have to go? A year? Peanuts in comparison if so. Not really a killer imo.

Good deal. The value is in the wages saved. Too much focus on transfer fees when wages are the real killer.

Exactly. The mistake we've made in the past is extending the contract in this situation to retain value. Except those bids never come and we eventually lose the player for nothing while having paid their wages for an extra year or more.

Sometimes it's better to just bite the bullet and get rid.

Most of the players we signed over the years were not bad on paper and they were good at their previous clubs too but it didn't work for us as the style of play and patterns changing all the time , adding to this "unable to handle big egos" because of uncertainty over managers time played its part too.

For example look at these players, they are not that bad and we all excited when they signed for us.

Mata/Herrera/Mikhitaryan/Falcao(loan)/Martial/Fred/Matic/Schneiderlin/DiMaria/Pogba/Sanchez/Lukaku/Baily/VanBeek/Varane/Sancho/Mount/Casemiro

Hope new regime could study the players character/style of play rather names before bringing in them and I believe we are in right direction now if you look at players we recently got linked with.

7 million is peanuts to you?
What a daft question.

I said "in comparison".

I cannot believe he earns 7m a year.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing to get salary off the books - I am talking about the amazing drop in his market value in comparison to wages saved.

Anything for him is a positive. I was fully expecting us to pay him off this summer to get him off the books. Around £420k + his £120/wk wages off the books is a pleasant surprise. Also, looks like some of those add-ons are going to be easily achievable unless he gets there and is injured for the rest of the season. It may end up being £4.2m in the end.

What a strange signing this has turned out to be. No idea why we bought him. Should have gone for Grealish, who could have been an option for the LW and a back-up for Bruno.

A bit surprised if he stays but he was mostly decent last year and he is hopefully cheap
Surely kept with a hopefully reduced workload and simply for UEFA quotas on the cheap, especially if we’re looking to flog Greenwood (obv), Sancho and even Maguire.

You get the feeling Branthwaite isn’t happening as well.

I am not surprised in the slightest, excellent to have around if only for the younger lads to lean on.

I could see Evans filling the role Tom Huddlestone is leaving. He can still feature as back up for the first team obviously, but could also serve in that player-coach role with the U21s as he looks to develop his coaching credentials.

Evans is probably one of our more decent signings over the year. I wouldn't be surprised if his wages over a year were as low as £2.5 million. For a player who got 30 matches last season, that is a good deal

Anything for him is a positive. I was fully expecting us to pay him off this summer to get him off the books. Around £420k + his £120/wk wages off the books is a pleasant surprise. Also, looks like some of those add-ons are going to be easily achievable unless he gets there and is injured for the rest of the season. It may end up being £4.2m in the end.

What a strange signing this has turned out to be. No idea why we bought him. Should have gone for Grealish, who could have been an option for the LW and a back-up for Bruno.

I've been steadfast in saying he was signed because we didn't get Jude Bellingham off Birmingham. His minutes under Ole that first season make sense when you consider them to have initially been set aside for a teenage understudy to Bruno.

I check this thread after 2 days and wow..
Yoro, That PSG mid, Brainwaithe and De Ligt might not be the worst window. Add a decent fullback to it and its a good one considering the financial circumstances we’re in

Yoro, That PSG mid, Brainwaithe and De Ligt might not be the worst window. Add a decent fullback to it and its a good one considering the financial circumstances we’re in
+ Toney :angel:

We were already linked with that Turkish fella and the Feynoord fella for the CB/LB position. We might even see Ten Hag employ Martinez at LB if(when) Shaw is injured.

My only worry are our wings. If Rashford doesn't pick up his form, we will have to rely on Amad stepping up. We look very vulnerable on that side.

Kambwala probably got an offer that states his future isnt our main centre half. I imagine he sees the writing on the wall. I cant imagine the rumours of 3 new centre halves coming it gives him much leverage.

Kambwala probably got an offer that states his future isnt our main centre half. I imagine he sees the writing on the wall. I cant imagine the rumours of 3 new centre halves coming it gives him much leverage.

He would surely be out on loan this season if he renews. He was well short of the level