Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Working on multiple deals at the same time. I thought this was something impossible?

Get it done.

It's great that we're making bids left right and centre but where is the money coming from? We planning on selling Bruno or something?

Why would we want 3 CFs?
This means we are changing the way we play, if it’s true which I doubt. But you’d guess that Zirkzee and Hojlund would play as a twin 9 and 10 and Toney can play both , this makes zero sense unless Rashford being sold!

It's great that we're making bids left right and centre but where is the money coming from? We planning on selling Bruno or something?
Classic FM move of reshuffling all the wages saved into the transfer budget. :p

Seriously though, I think some of the sales might have been more advanced than we know.

Probably players like Lindelof, Maguire, Sancho, Casemiro. Greenwood we already know is close to being done for €30m.

Rashford hopefully!! But getting money for greenwood who’s an academy produced player should give us a much bigger transfer lot. I’d imagine Lindelof, Sancho and possibly Casemiro going too. Plus martial and Varane gone already. Massive amounts of wages saved on that lot. Rumors of Harry Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Erikson and even Antony being moved out. The dream would be to see ALL of them gone. Plus a few others.

Having been led to believe that De Ligt was about to sign for us, it's now not even close.

What a load of bollocks.
Haha I know, yesterday's chat and twitter rumors etc made it sound like we were going to announce two new Dutch lads prior to the England game.

Same with Ugarte last week!

Praying for a different summer this time, but as always I should prepare for the worst. Can't wait to see Braithwaite or whatever for 100M panic bid on deadline day.

What do you think a £50-70m footballer can demand? Kim Min-Jae got about 200k a week off the back of one good season at Napoli.

Kim Min-Jae had been named in the team of the season in Korea, Turkey and Italy, as well as being named in the ESM team of the season and the IFFHS world team of the season before getting that contract. He had impressed at a World Cup and was wanted by several of the worlds biggest clubs. "On the back of one good season at Napoli" is massively disingenuous.

Kim Min-Jae had been named in the team of the season in Korea, Turkey and Italy, as well as being named in the ESM team of the season and the IFFHS world team of the season before getting that contract. He had impressed at a World Cup and was wanted by several of the worlds biggest clubs. "On the back of one good season at Napoli" is massively disingenuous.

Playing in Korea & China until 2021 and age 24. One season at Fenerbahce, one season at Napoli and a rather middling season at Bayern.

Would you sign someone to a 200k a week contract off the back of playing in Turkey? Or their Korean team off the year award? It was purely based off his Napoli season. Most had never heard of him prior to that.

I can't see United buying 3 CB :o

If that happens then Dan's garden parties must have been very busy the last few months.

He also probably came with some great commercial revenue. Was just in Korea visiting my wife’s family for a couple of weeks and there was Bayern stuff everywhere. I was looking for a Korea national team kit and reckon it was easier to get a Bayern one. Way more Bayern than Tottenham and Son has been their darling for a long time.

We have no real PSR or FFP issues, clearly it’s about working capital and cash, at most there was maybe £100-120m set aside for transfers without player sales.

Unless our players have a buy out clause like Zirkzee, then we will only receive 1/3 or 1/4 of the fee the player is sold for and sometimes 1/5th.

This makes zero sense unless there really is a mass clear out where some of the outgoings have been already negotiated ;

Assuming;
Casemiro to Saudi - £25m
Hanibal to Saudi - £15m
F Pellistri - Spanish team (£10m)
DVB £0.5m
A Fernandez (£5.5m)
V Lindelof (£10m)
M Greenwood (£25m)
J Sancho(£30m)
C Eriksen (10m)
£1.25m per week saving on wages

Plus
R Varane
A Martial
B Williams
Savings on wages £650k per week

Assuming we sell release all these players, the club would save £1.9m per week on wages or nearly £100m per year, now add 5 players into the recruitment with the players suggested ;

M De Ligt - 180k/40m
M Ugarte - 170k /40m
J Zirkzee - 120k /36m
J Branthwaite - 165k /64m
I Toney - 215k /50m
£850k per week and all transfers done over 3 year instalments

This would mean that the 5 players if they were the names suggested would go down as £44.2m in wages and if transfers all were on a 5 year contract and amortised as such at £46m per year. That’s just over £90m on the annual accounts but the club would have saved £98.8m in wages alone on the accounts.

The real issue here is cash and if transfers are set up with 3 year instalment plans, the club would need £230m/3 or £74m this summer plus Agent fees and we already know Zirkzee is £10m+ so probably £100m of actual working cash or capital. Something that was set aside when SJR bought his extra 2.7%. Shares for $300m(£234m).

I do agree with the recent Swedish Rumble post where he’s quite right United could easily spend £300-400m this summer as their is no EPL Anchoring rule in place until the 25/26 season and the current club revenue of £650-680m for the squad ratio Rule of UEFA would allow for this type of expenditure, now if we sell the players listed as well especially Greenwood and Casemiro, then the club can probably get the 6-7 players needed.

Most smart football fans can see why Dan Ashworth is like a child in a sweetie factory, he’ll know who to get and how to get them and he had to work on possibly 1/3 budget at Newcastle so he’s going to have far more room to operate in the transfer market.

Yeah I'd be surprised at 3 coming in as well. Unless one of the three was a young lad like that fella ourselves and Chelsea are looking at from Boca.
Varane is gone. We might end up selling Lindelof and/or Maguire. Last year was a wake up call that we were well short of what we needed having to rely on a pensioner and a make shift defense. I could definitely see us signing 3 this window.

I doubt it will be 3 cbs tbh. If Yoro accepts I think Everton can say goodbye to their hopes of getting anything for Branthwaite this season

We have no real PSR or FFP issues, clearly it’s about working capital and cash, at most there was maybe £100-120m set aside for transfers without player sales.

Unless our players have a buy out clause like Zirkzee, then we will only receive 1/3 or 1/4 of the fee the player is sold for and sometimes 1/5th.

This makes zero sense unless there really is a mass clear out where some of the outgoings have been already negotiated ;

Assuming;
Casemiro to Saudi - £25m
Hanibal to Saudi - £15m
DVB £0.5m
A Fernandez (£5.5m)
V Lindelof (£10m)
M Greenwood (£25m)
J Sancho(£30m)
C Eriksen (10m)

Plus
R Varane
A Martial
B Williams

Assuming we sell release all these players, the club would save £1.9m per week on wages or nearly £100m per year, now add 5 players into the recruitment with the players suggested ;

M De Ligt - 180k/40m
M Ugarte - 170k /40m
J Zirkzee - 120k /36m
I Toney - 215k /50m

This would mean that the 5 players if they were the names suggested would go down as £44.2m in wages and if transfers all were on a 5 year contract and amortised as such at £46m per year. That’s just over £90m on the annual accounts but the club would have saved £98.8m in wages alone on the accounts.

The real issue here is cash and if transfers are set up with 3 year instalment plans, the club would need £230m/3 or £74m this summer plus Agent fees and we already know Zirkzee is £10m+ so probably £100m of actual working cash or capital. Something that was set aside when SJR bought his extra 2.7%. Shares for $300m(£234m).

I do agree with the recent Swedish Rumble post where he’s quite right United could easily spend £300-400m this summer as their is no EPL Anchoring rule in place until the 25/26 season and the current club revenue of £650-680m for the squad ratio Rule of UEFA would allow for this type of expenditure, now if we sell the players listed as well especially Greenwood and Casemiro, then the club can probably get the 6-7 players needed.

Most smart football fans can see why Dan Ashworth is like a child in a sweetie factory, he’ll know who to get and how to get them and he had to work on possibly 1/3 budget at Newcastle so he’s going to have far more room to operate in the transfer market.

I do not see Toney at all, if anything I see a 3rd defender

If we want to sign 3 CBs it must mean that Maguire, Lindelof and Evans are surplus to requirements.
Even if 1 of those 3 stays, we've already lost Varane so we could still take 3 CBs. I doubt it though, I think we'll get 2 and then reinforce other positions.

Even if 1 of those 3 stays, we've already lost Varane so we could still take 3 CBs. I doubt it though, I think we'll get 2 and then reinforce other positions.
I forgot Varane. Yeah it might just be Maguire and Lindelof as Evans has extended.

wtf do dortmund do with the money they have one biggest stadiums in the world and recently sold sancho, Haaland and Bellingham for near enough 200 million why do clubs always expect us to sell for peanuts when they come after our players.

Assuming;
Casemiro to Saudi - £25m
Hanibal to Saudi - £15m
DVB £0.5m
A Fernandez (£5.5m)
V Lindelof (£10m)
M Greenwood (£25m)
J Sancho(£30m)
C Eriksen (10m)

Plus
R Varane
A Martial
B Williams

M De Ligt - 180k/40m
M Ugarte - 170k /40m
J Zirkzee - 120k /36m
I Toney - 215k /50m

Assume

Makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Stop playing FM mate.

Got to say I am actually getting muppetish, I know I should not believe it all but seems likely that Zirkzee and De Ligt are on, and other players like Yoro being strongly linked, if Ineos pull off what seems to be happening this window, decent players for decent prices then I will be very impressed.... of course ETH still has to prove he can do it, but hopefully he will not have any excuses to hide behind this time around

If we pull off De Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte and Zirkzee in one window with potentially another midfielder with the mooted outgoings as well it could be our best ever window.

Big Jim is making the right noises

If we pull off De Ligt, Yoro, Ugarte and Zirkzee in one window with potentially another midfielder with the mooted outgoings as well it could be our best ever window.

Until they all turn out to have 'lost their legs' or crocked.

I personally wont be happy until that office clerk Bethel is fired. That's when I'll know they re serious.

Let's sign at least one of those players before we start dreaming of 4 of them :)

If Juve wants Sancho, I think we should look at including Federico Chiesa in this deal. He had injuries but overcame it last year and looks like a real deal again.

I do not see Toney at all, if anything I see a 3rd defender
I don’t see it either, but Dan Ashworth likes a striker, it makes zero sense unless we are going to use Hojlund whose left footed as right sided inverted striker and Yoney/Zirkzee as DLCF who play in the wide inverted strikers .

Assume

Makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Stop playing FM mate.
These are the players we are actively going after, if the club spends £250m this summer it doesn’t actually mean that all of that money will go from Man United’s Bank account to the clubs in one payment, the question was how are we going to spend this much, the answer is structured for those of us who understand football finances and FSR/PSR and FFP rules especially with the three year cycle being reset this summer.

Personslly not one of these transfers apart from Toney would excite me, mostly unproven in the PL, relatively high wages and two of them have have injury concerns plus only Toney really offers the Goals the club need?

See folks getting worked up about our budget or FFP issues. Let the "best-in-class" folks at the club worry about that. I'm sure they know the numbers and implications better than anyone else. Just join the muppet train and enjoy.

Signing 3CBs doesnt make sense, 2 is more than enough. If we have excess funds, getting another winger or a RB is a bigger priority after couple of CBs, a midfielder(or two), a left back, and a striker.