Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Yes really.. I fully believe that saying that Maguire has been magnificent is just as wrong as saying that he has been the worst ever signing..
Sorry, must have misread, I thought you were saying Maguire was our worst ever signing.

Bayern want their money back for a player they want to get rid. Nice!

Same as PSG for Ugharte. But it's a negotiating tactic. You have to start high and find a middle ground. If they truly want to get rid of both, they will come down on their fee.

Seems like a lot of pieces are almost in place but United need the first domino to fall to get everything moving.

Feels like if Bayern accept a sensible amount for de Ligt that could set the standard for INEOS, if Bayern hold out and the fee creeps up and up, then it could easily turn into a saga.

True, but there’s levels to shite, and Lazio straddle the bottom rung like Millwall and such luminaries of scumminess.
:lol: it's a fair cop. It's how I know a scummy fanbase when I see them. I also went to a Rennes vs Marseille game a while ago and they were bellends then too.

If he (Yoro) doesn't want to be at Utd, I'd rather we look elsewhere - last thing we need is a big signing who spends the next couple of seasons pining for Madrid

Wow... gotta say both adventurous, and concrete stance in this window, so far.

Keep it up, United. Keep them offers flowing.

I don’t buy these Yoro stories, think his agent is feeding Romano false info to force Real Madrid’s hand into raising their offer.

I don’t buy these Yoro stories, think his agent is feeding Romano false info to force Real Madrid’s hand into raising their offer.

Wheeler says the club are refusing to comment. If there was nothing in them, they'd have briefed him that.

Wow... gotta say both adventurous, and concrete stance in this window, so far.

Keep it up, United. Keep them offers flowing.
Agree. Seems we’re pursuing multiple targets at once too which is what most of the top clubs do. Under previous management we would probably be working mostly on Branthwaite to the detriment of other targets.

Wheeler says the club are refusing to comment. If there was nothing in them, they'd have briefed him that.
I’m pretty sure a club refusing to comment on transfer speculation is standard practice.

All these non-PL deals should definitely set a template to how far we go for the PL / English Tax with the likes of Everton and Branthwaite.

Ability wise, and reputation wise, Branthwaite should not be costing more than any of the likes of Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee.

Even if Yoro rejects us in favour of Madrid, the acceptance of a bid of a similar total to the one Everton reportedly quickly rejected just further highlights how there's better deals to be had elsewhere.

We should move on from Branthwaite, even if we don't get Yoro. Ability wise, for a young defender with just 1 international cap, £50m should be the absolute max. If the club don't want to sell, fine. But don't be robbed by them when there's as good options out there to be got for that amount.

Agree. Seems we’re pursuing multiple targets at once too which is what most of the top clubs do. Under previous management we would probably be working mostly on Branthwaite to the detriment of other targets.
Yes exactly, or just chase after pointless targets like Mount.

Since Euro and Copa America still on, trying options before executing deals looks rational way to go.

I’m pretty sure a club refusing to comment on transfer speculation is standard practice.

Refusing to comment officially yes. But telling a journalist "this is bollocks" when he calls his club contact for clarification on a story is commonplace.

Refusing to comment officially yes. But telling a journalist "this is bollocks" when he calls his club contact for clarification on a story is commonplace.

I don't know, you could be right, especially given MEN's story above. That said, getting three new CBs this summer seems highly unrealistic to me regardless of who leaves us.

I don't know, you could be right, especially given MEN's story above. That said, getting three new CBs this summer seems highly unrealistic to me regardless of who leaves us.
Highly doubt they sign three. United could be keeping their options open, which could help from a negotiation perspective.

Yeah I'd be surprised at 3 coming in as well. Unless one of the three was a young lad like that fella ourselves and Chelsea are looking at from Boca.

If we want to sign 3 CBs it must mean that Maguire, Lindelof and Evans are surplus to requirements.

Not really surprising that we're targetting 3 CB's. Varane is already gone, and both Maguire and Lindelof only have one year left on their contracts and we'll probably look to get a fee for them.