Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I can't believe the new regime would consider paying £160K a week for Brainwave. I thought that's what we were trying to get away from.

I'm calling bullshit on that rumour.

At some point people need to understand that it’s not 2002 anymore. £160k is not a special wage in the PL. Besides we see Utd wages reported as higher than they are often end up being.

What was the point in this bid seriously? Everton have already rejected one stupidly low bid and no doubt indicated what they value him at and that we werent anywhere near their valuation. So we make another bid miles away from anything they would accept??
Its negotiating... are we just meant to go from 35m to 65m?

Clubs can demand high fees, but its not as easy to turn it down when the money is there in front of them. You also hope to unsettle the player who sees the chance at making the jump to a bigger club.

Err we’re being heavily linked with Ugarte

Yeah and also suggestion (loosely I know) we have made a contract offer to Rabiot. Would still take him provided the demands fit within INEOS wage structure

Would still take him provided the demands fit within INEOS wage structure

is "INEOS wage structure" even a thing? Feels as though people think these guys will revolutionise everything. Either way moot disclaimer, no? I mean, at this point how would he even join if otherwise?

Oh right. It was JUST him at fault for his performances. Not the players around him. I cant remember him playing in the 4-0 vs Everton just before he turned up. Or the 7-0 against Liverpool. Or the 4-0 against Palace.
Bore off

Absolutely not. Harry has been magnificent for us especially before his injury (missing EL final) and just recently. He’s our only defender currently who can stay fit, and despite having the captaincy taken away he has been very dignified about it, and lead this team by example.

This is just as stupid as the guy you responded to.. Maguire has never been magnificent in his time for United.. His first two seasons were good, but not magnificent when we were playing to his game, but as soon as Ole went for more attacking system he fell apart.. the last two years he has been mostly good when called upon, but not magnificent... hi attitude the last couple of seasons has been great, when you think whats happend with him. Also funny you you say hes the only one who can keep fit after a few years with many small injueies, and missing the Euro24.
Overall he has done a decent job, but it is just as stupid to say hes been magnificent as that he is the worst buy ever

Wow, they signed him for 90m and we're getting him for half price? Robbery!

Guys. What is going on. How is this club doing all this? We should publicly flog glazers for keeping us useless for years. feck them. Seriously.

Clubs can demand high fees, but its not as easy to turn it down when the money is there in front of them. You also hope to unsettle the player who sees the chance at making the jump to a bigger club.

Especially as Branthwaite is said to be on £30.000 a week - and the best paid players at Everton are just above £100.000. Easy to be unsettled for a player when that is in front of you

Not at all, my thought is Everton arent likely to budge on their valuation at all in this case (be delighted if Im wrong) so the low balling bids are only going to make them stick to their guns even more.

You're being very kind by calling him a good servant of the club. He came for a world record fee (one that still hasn't been broken) and stank up the place to championship levels on far far too many occasions. He will be remembered as one of our worst signings when all things are considered.
Are you on a wum?

Not at all, my thought is Everton arent likely to budge on their valuation at all in this case (be delighted if Im wrong) so the low balling bids are only going to make them stick to their guns even more.
The art of the bargain..

How much is Calafiori going for? Cheaper option than Branthwaite. I’d be happy if we went for Kadioglu aswell. Looks like he could be quality.

This is just as stupid as the guy you responded to.. Maguire has never been magnificent in his time for United.. His first two seasons were good, but not magnificent when we were playing to his game, but as soon as Ole went for more attacking system he fell apart.. the last two years he has been mostly good when called upon, but not magnificent... hi attitude the last couple of seasons has been great, when you think whats happend with him. Also funny you you say hes the only one who can keep fit after a few years with many small injueies, and missing the Euro24.
Overall he has done a decent job, but it is just as stupid to say hes been magnificent as that he is the worst buy ever
Really? I mean, really?

Why would we want 3 CFs?
Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Solskjaer helped us win the treble. If we are ever looking to reach those heights again we need to start building that kind of squad again.

Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Solskjaer helped us win the treble. If we are ever looking to reach those heights again we need to start building that kind of squad again.
That's four strikers for two positions, no one plays with two strikers anymore

Why would we want 3 CFs?
Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Solskjaer
Tevez, Rooney, Berba, Chicharito
Van Persie, Falcao, Chicharito, Welbeck.
Cantona, Cole, McClair

We’ve always usually had multiple options. It’s not good to rely on the same player. Last two seasons proved that with Weghorst and Hojlund playing all the time because Martial was knackered and Marcus isn’t a CF.

Cantona, Cole, McClair

We’ve always usually had multiple options. It’s not good to rely on the same player. Last two seasons proved that with Weghorst and Hojlund playing all the time because Martial was knackered and Marcus isn’t a CF.
Yea but we don't play with 2 strikers when Bruno's around and have Rashford, too. And most importantly, there are too many other positions to fix that we can't afford signing two expensive CFs. If we signed two CBs, a LB, a RB, two DMs/CMs and a RW, we can start talking about getting a third CF.

Cantona, Cole, McClair

The first and fourth combinations were when we played with two up top.

Hernandez never played with Tevez. Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez played together for one season. We couldn't keep Tevez happy and ended up losing out on him.

Welbeck played two league games for us that season before being sold to Arsenal on deadline day. Hernandez played one league game that season before being loaned out to Real Madrid for the rest of that campaign.

Point being, Zirkzee and Højlund is sufficient.

The first and fourth combinations were when we played with two up top.

Hernandez never played with Tevez. Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez played together for one season. We couldn't keep Tevez happy and ended up losing out on him.

Welbeck played two league games for us that season before being sold to Arsenal on deadline day. Hernandez played one league game that season before being loaned out to Real Madrid for the rest of that campaign.

Point being, Zirkzee and Højlund is sufficient.
Disagree.