Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Pavlovic from RB Salzburg. Looks like his price is around 25-30m and he is left footed.

Interesting shout, feels like we won't pursue any options until we have completely walked away from Branthwaite deal and suspect we haven't yet.

Nail on head!

I thought he was rubbish last season, dunno how he got in the Euro squad, unless I am mistaken he finished last season with about 1 goal in last 14 matches or something stupid like that, we've already got Rashford producing stats like that don't want another one.
I don’t think he’s a terrible player, and wasn’t really commenting on my perception of his ability.

It was the ‘looks like he’s got goals in him next year’ that made me laugh, seems like a bit of a leap of faith!

Only time will tell I guess.

I’m pretty sure De Ligt and Licha did not play together so there’s no way they could know each others game inside out.
Both have played under Ajax’s and EtH’s system. Technically they should gel easily, but of course nothing on paper is guaranteed with our transfer record the past 11 years.

The fact we are looking for a big sell on clause for Greenwood indicates that we are probably after accepting we arent getting anything near what we hoped for in the short term.

That being said it should be included in the sale regardless of cost.

Do you think Brentford would sell Toney to Manchester United for £42~million pounds? I’d be amazed if they accepted that tbh.
He’s got 12 months left on his contract and by December they will be wishing they got that, there’s no £75-125m market anymore

No buyer For V Osimhen at £100-120m, No buyer For Rashford at £60-80m, no buyer for Gyrokes for £100m, Ivan is 28 and probably at his peak however he’s a smart man, he’ll just tell Brentford if they don’t sell him this summer for a reasonable fee he’ll just sit his contract out to next summer when he’s 29 and get a huge 4 year contract for probably £250k per week which is what he’s looking for ?

What do they mean, "in the next months", translation "we haven't got a fecking clue, but it's bound to happen sooner or later".

Yep. We had the Athletic saying that we were gonna leave contract renewals until after the transfer window is done a couple of days ago, so I guess you could infer from that September/October/November or something.

He’s got 12 months left on his contract and by December they will be wishing they got that, there’s no £75-125m market anymore

No buyer For V Osimhen at £100-120m, No buyer For Rashford at £60-80m, no buyer for Gyrokes for £100m, Ivan is 28 and probably at his peak however he’s a smart man, he’ll just tell Brentford if they don’t sell him this summer for a reasonable fee he’ll just sit his contract out to next summer when he’s 29 and get a huge 4 year contract for probably £250k per week which is what he’s looking for ?

Good points.

I'd add that Toney keeps Brentford in the league, so selling him for 35-40 million this summer and risking relegation might not be that tempting for them. Also like you say Toney will want a fat salary wherever he goes next so it's not a bargain by any means.

I know that it's stuff with the clubs and neither are getting minutes but it's seems strange that there been so much progress with the De Ligt and Zirkzee transfers despite them being at the Euros.
Because as I've said here before, "no transfers during international tournaments" is a myth and a Caf coping mechanism to explain away the inability of the old recruitment team to get transfers done early.

Source (Tier 3):

• Mason Greenwood has refused to join Lazio
  • The player has given the green light to join OM. Negotiations are continuing between the parties
  • Lazio offered €20m for 50% of the player's rights. MU, who are officially demanding €40m, were happy with this figure.

It is most likely nonsense, imagine signing someone like Chilwell who by some miracle manages to play even less than Luke Shaw.

“Ben Chilwell is also an option for Manchester United”

translation -

“Ben Chilwell is a left back”

You’re probably right. But if there’s a shred of truth to it that’s terrible. Are they going to start looking to buy Fabio Coentrao next?
Are you new to Twitter, because this crap happens all the time.

That doesn’t make our scouting sh!t, it makes UK journalism sh!t. The type of rubbish I expect from Luckhurst.

You’re probably right. But if there’s a shred of truth to it that’s terrible. Are they going to start looking to buy Fabio Coentrao next?
Are you new to Twitter, because this crap happens all the time.

That doesn’t make our scouting sh!t, it makes UK journalism sh!t. The type of rubbish I expect from Luckhurst.
Keep in mind that the DM article that refers to Chilwell is co-authored by Simon Jones, who's banned on the Caf as he tends to aggregate news from other outlets and/or be way too speculative. Given how his link was reported (just an option but with no work being done on him), don't be surprised if that info has come from Jones, so don't take it seriously at this time.

Tier 2:

Mason Greenwood closer than ever to Marseille
  • Marseille's attacking priority
  • Pablo Longoria and Mehdi Benatia are continuing negotiations to reach a total agreement with MU and the player. Not much is missing.
  • Roberto De Zerbi has approved the profile

Manchester United and Marseille are negotiating over Mason Greenwood's transfer fee.

It is expected to be around €25m plus bonuses.

this is good news. I perhaps dont rate him as highly as some but was worried he'd be let go without having a real chance to prove himself. Next season will be big for him and without further signings I think he should be on the right