Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

gotta love how many posters see random journalists tweeting random stuff desperate for interaction, take it as gospel and then blame the club for it, never change caf

Zirkzee seems fairly underwhelming. Like a lesser version of Gakpo?
I havent watched him enough but not convinced.

Will need a goal scoring/effective winger to add more threat to the attack.

Zirkzee seems fairly underwhelming. Like a lesser version of Gakpo?
I havent watched him enough but not convinced.

Will need a goal scoring/effective winger to add more threat to the attack.

Not a particularly good comparison. Zirkzee is a type of technical player with a good overview. He's good at getting free and making good passes.

He's definitely not a typical striker. Even though he scores goals and will surely get better at that part of his game, I see him more as a facilitator now.

Feel the Zirkzee signing is based on the experiment in the latter stages of the game with Bruno as false 9

Both our wingers invert, even when Garnacho plays on the right.

It’s a better strategy to get a facilitator instead of selling all our wingers.

Atleast allows Bruno to play centrally and slightly deeper. We just got ourselves an upgraded version of Weghorst

Striker really is a dead position these days. Zirkee doesn't look like he'd be any improvement whatsoever. Surely there's som hidden gem in South America that would be cheap and effective

An improvement on whom though? We played Forson, Wheatley and McTominay up front at times towards the end of last season.

Brian Brobbey, be careful what you wish for

Hmm yeah agree. I'd take Zirkzee over him. I think he's a baller, I just think 40m for a backup is quite a lot. But if the De Ligt deal stays under 50 and if we potentially get a good deal on someone like Ugarte it's not too bad. At least we don't have to worry about the CF position for a while.

Like so many mediocre players at the club, he'll rather run out his contract here.
And so he should. They signed him to the deal, either they honour it or find him somewhere on the same money. Its United's fault he is valued at that wage.

Year left on his deal, very happy and settled on his overly large pay package, so how does that work?

We’ve got a club option to extend it. So probably a loan, hope for a good season and someone could bite next summer.

We should have offered Brentford €50m for Ivan Toney who looks like he’s got goals in him next year.

Do you think Brentford would sell Toney to Manchester United for £42~million pounds? I’d be amazed if they accepted that tbh.

Not a particularly good comparison. Zirkzee is a type of technical player with a good overview. He's good at getting free and making good passes.

He's definitely not a typical striker. Even though he scores goals and will surely get better at that part of his game, I see him more as a facilitator now.
Yeah, that's what I gathered from YouTube clips and people's reports.
Hope he does well if we get him.

We should have offered Brentford €50m for Ivan Toney who looks like he’s got goals in him next year.
How does he look like he’s got goals in him next year? He didn’t particularly last year, when available.

If you have a magic ball can you help me improve my success rate @ William Hill !!

Do you think Brentford would sell Toney to Manchester United for £42~million pounds? I’d be amazed if they accepted that tbh.
Wasn’t there chat that they wanted £80m when he was coming back from his ban?

Zirkzee and De Light cant even have a minute play in the euros and we are targeting and almost getting them ! Even bloody weghorst is playing ahead of Zirkzee !! Surely both signings cant fill you with confidence!

Leaves me very underwhelmed. I do like Ugarte but not particularly impressed with Zirkzee. Scoring goals has been a problem at times so I do hope they plan on bringing in someone who can add more goals/assists from the wing.
What excites me about Zirkee is the type of striker he is and what he could do for the three forward players around him with good hold up and link up play. Maybe someone like him could reawaken Rashford, he always thrived when paired with Martial so there is that.

Zirkzee and De Light cant even have a minute play in the euros and we are targeting and almost getting them ! Even bloody weghorst is playing ahead of Zirkzee !! Surely both signings cant fill you with confidence!
Why would Netherlands change their team when it’s winning? They found balance.

Zirkzee is young and a deep striker. Something the Dutch haven’t needed so far.

De Ligt is not favoured over De Vrij. That’s a manager’s choice. But look at the hordes of Bayern fans unhappy with De Ligt’s departure. He was immense for them in the second half of the season. And sadly a season with small injuries. So apart from the injury concern, he’s a top player. Plus, him and Licha will be a dream combo. They both know each other’s game inside out. Add Onana to that - who has the same connection with the 2 and we could see something interesting!

So let’s see. Branthwaite to come too hopefully. These are great profiles for our defence. Far removed from a Lindelof.

Why would Netherlands change their team when it’s winning? They found balance.

Zirkzee is young and a deep striker. Something the Dutch haven’t needed so far.

De Ligt is not favoured over De Vrij. That’s a manager’s choice. But look at the hordes of Bayern fans unhappy with De Ligt’s departure. He was immense for them in the second half of the season. And sadly a season with small injuries. So apart from the injury concern, he’s a top player. Plus, him and Licha will be a dream combo. They both know each other’s game inside out. Add Onana to that - who has the same connection with the 2 and we could see something interesting!

So let’s see. Branthwaite to come too hopefully. These are great profiles for our defence. Far removed from a Lindelof.
I’m pretty sure De Ligt and Licha did not play together so there’s no way they could know each others game inside out.

I’m pretty sure De Ligt and Licha did not play together so there’s no way they could know each others game inside out.
Aah… true Licha came the year after De Ligt left. But the manager has used both of them in his systems, I’d imagine the two fit really well together. That being said, The rest of my points hold up.

How does he look like he’s got goals in him next year? He didn’t particularly last year, when available.

If you have a magic ball can you help me improve my success rate @ William Hill !!

Nail on head!

I thought he was rubbish last season, dunno how he got in the Euro squad, unless I am mistaken he finished last season with about 1 goal in last 14 matches or something stupid like that, we've already got Rashford producing stats like that don't want another one.

I know that it's stuff with the clubs and neither are getting minutes but it's seems strange that there been so much progress with the De Ligt and Zirkzee transfers despite them being at the Euros.

All done through agents.
Yeah, it's more so the public nature of it all. Feel like I'm used to silence or very little coming out about transfers during international tournaments. Perhaps their status in the national team makes it easier and less of a distraction.