Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I’m sure we’re banking on the overall cost of £46 mil being good business. If there was no release clause I’m sure we’d be negotiating for a fee north of £50 mil anyway
That's definitely why Kia put in a reasonable clause in the player's contract, so he could bank on the fee for himself and his agency.

This isn't a surprise given Kia's involvement in this deal.

I thought we negotiated it down a bit though. A lot of the rumors from the past week were about how we reached an agreement with the agent. The maximum was 12m previously (not sure why it's 13m now) but I assume we brought that down a touch. We'll probably still pay a pretty hefty commission (10m is a number that I pulled out of my ass)

I thought we negotiated it down a bit though. A lot of the rumors from the past week were about how we reached an agreement with the agent. The maximum was 12m previously (not sure why it's 13m now) but I assume we brought that down a touch. We'll probably still pay a pretty hefty commission (10m is a number that I pulled out of my ass)
I believe 13m was the original fee but supposedly he was willing to negotiate that with United to keep friendly with them

We knew this already, it’s absolutely ridiculous but it’s no surprise. It’s also no surprise it’s Luckhurst rushing to report the agents fees lumped in with the release clause, I’m sure it’ll raise even further when we find out what wages he’s on and that’ll get thrown into the overall package as well, like every other Utd signing.

Yeah to be expected from that cnut. Would love the club to just permanently ban him for being a constant negative energy around everything the club does.

He just played in a Champions league Final and been one of Dortmund’s MVP, he was great for Austria too and as a fan who went to Wembley last year when we won the Caribo cup, Sabitzer came on for the last 20-25 minutes and was great, his high energy was something we missed massively this season, I’m not saying he was a world beater but for €15m he was a steal as a squad player and would be again this season where budget is incredibly tight?
I just think that money went towards Mount to be honest. Or it didn't come because we kept McTominay.
We'll gamble on a better season for Mount, another year of McTominay and Mainoo taking that position most weeks. Which is fair enough. Timing just didn't work out for him but he was good while he was here.

The only story that really bugs me is the Stefan Bajetic one. Asking someone to feck over the club their at, for the sake of 150k, seems a rotten way of doing business. I'm glad that guy is no longer here. Other than that, they're all a bit hindsight being 20/20.

The only story that really bugs me is the Stefan Bajetic one. Asking someone to feck over the club their at, for the sake of 150k, seems a rotten way of doing business. I'm glad that guy is no longer here. Other than that, they're all a bit hindsight being 20/20.
Asking that of someone who used to play at the club their child is at too...Madness.

That's definitely why Kia put in a reasonable clause in the player's contract, so he could bank on the fee for himself and his agency.
Definitely. Also hopefully paying the 13 mil means we won’t have to have something similar in place

EXCL: Manchester United ist really pushing for Dan #Ndoye. There has been contact with Bologna, which is calling a transfer fee of 25 million euros. The trail to Inter Milan is not hot. Basel has a 25 % share in the resale.

FTFY

Article is behind paywall. Any other link to it? Seems very interesting
I can sum it up here:
  • Ashworth will oversee everything on the football side (men's & women's); he's basically the top dog in the football club and will report to the CEO, Omar Berrada.
  • United's scouting operations is built on TrackerMan, a large scouting database.
    • Scouts take their individual reports and converse over them with each other and Steve Brown, who is responsible for assigning matches to the scouts rather than judging the targets.
    • Some scouts say that TrackerMan's reports are too verbose and not concise enough.
  • Vivell may have joined on a short-term basis for now, but there's a view to making him join permanently.
  • Vivell, Berrada, Wilcox, and Ashworth will all have a say on potential signings.
    • Ten Hag's opinion will also matter [hence Whitwell's point on ten Hag retaining his "veto"].
    • Every other name mentioned in the point above will also have a veto, so ten Hag won't completely have his way like he may have in the past.
  • Brailsford is not going to be involved in the football operations; he'll just oversee United's overall direction.
  • International youth scouting is now the responsibility of the first-team staff.
  • Andy O'Boyle has a more prominent role after being on the periphery under Murtough.
  • Matt Hargreaves (director of football negotiations) has a bigger role with the agents nowadays.
These are the key bits. The rest are about historical scouting and transfer operations involving our missed targets, and those are more appropriate for another thread.

Oh boo hoo, are they illiterate? Learn how to summarize. Hopefully Sir Jim sacks those who complained.
I forgot to add this originally, but this was something that Murtough encouraged as he wanted the scouts to be as expressive as they can be and not hide anything. FYI, Joel Glazer used to read those scout reports as well, which is crazy to me!

I can sum it up here:
  • Ashworth will oversee everything on the football side (men's & women's); he's basically the top dog in the football club and will report to the CEO, Omar Berrada.
  • United's scouting operations is built on TrackerMan, a large scouting database.
    • Scouts take their individual reports and converse over them with each other and Steve Brown, who is responsible for assigning matches to the scouts rather than judging the targets.
    • Some scouts say that TrackerMan's reports are too verbose and not concise enough.
  • Vivell may have joined on a short-term basis for now, but there's a view to making him join permanently.
  • Vivell, Berrada, Wilcox, and Ashworth will all have a say on potential signings.
    • Ten Hag's opinion will also matter [hence Whitwell's point on ten Hag retaining his "veto"].
    • Every other name mentioned in the point above will also have a veto, so ten Hag won't completely have his way like he may have in the past.
  • Brailsford is not going to be involved in the football operations; he'll just oversee United's overall direction.
  • International youth scouting is now the responsibility of the first-team staff.
  • Andy O'Boyle has a more prominent role after being on the periphery under Murtough.
  • Matt Hargreaves (director of football negotiations) has a bigger role with the agents nowadays.
These are the key bits. The rest are about historical scouting and transfer operations involving our missed targets, and those are more appropriate for another thread.
Thanks, man.

I forgot to add this originally, but this was something that Murtough encouraged as he wanted the scouts to be as expressive as they can be and not hide anything. FYI, Joel Glazer used to read those scout reports as well, which is crazy to me!

That may well be what Critchley/Whitwell/United staff have been told, but given the number of reports that would get done throughout the week, the supposed 'eloquence' of them, and what we know about the Glazers, there is no way in hell that Joel was pouring through a hundred or so scout files every Monday morning.