Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Can see him in Italy tbf.

I'd be surprised if no one in the PL went for him honestly. He's a good defender. Probably better than guys like Smalling, Evans etc and generally doesn't have any injury issues. Starts for England when fit too.

Quick question - Even if we can sell a player and raise funds to buy Branthwaite, Why would we overpay and give it to Everton?
We won't be buying him unless Everton lower their asking price. I think the main point is we want two centre backs like Ornstein has previously said.

It would be a shame to see Maguire go on the back of probably his best or second best season here
We need to start selling players while their stock is high. A huge problem of ours has been holding this sentiment and then keeping a player until they become unsellable again.

Branthwaite is a good player and would improve us but I just can’t figure out why we are going for another left footed CB? At the price we will pay he will surely be a starter and we aren’t dropping Licha so what’s the plan here?

Branthwaite is a good player and would improve us but I just can’t figure out why we are going for another left footed CB? At the price we will pay he will surely be a starter and we aren’t dropping Licha so what’s the plan here?
He can play with both feet.

We're also after a right footed CB as well by the sounds of it - Todibo initially, now De Ligt. So makes sense to me that, if we're bringing in two, we'd target one of each. Martinez has missed a lot of the last 15 months for us, and we miss a left footer when he's unavailable. I definitely think we need another alternative.

With the departure of Varane, and maybe Lindelof and / or Maguire, then maybe you'd expect the right footer to be the bigger money signing. But that's just more about the availability of De Ligt compared to the English / PL Tax on Branthwaite. We're still going for a proven and experienced right footer (if it is De Ligt) along with the left footed Branthwaite. So bringing in two good options if we get them both.

We need to start selling players while their stock is high. A huge problem of ours has been holding this sentiment and then keeping a player until they become unsellable again.

It’s true. He’s going to be worth very little though and is a decent squad player. He doesn’t seem like he makes trouble when he’s not playing. Good player really apart from being a bit clumsy sometimes but he’s massive… out of all of them I’d keep Maguire as a squaddie as he’s the best player. If we are getting Branthwaite too then sell Maguire too. He should be playing for his last few years. He’ll be a solid buy for whoever gets him

He can play both sides, Licha injury record last season, upgrade on lindelof and will probably be better long-term then Maguire. MDJ replacement for Varane and Branthwaite high quality competition/cover.

It would be a shame to see Maguire go on the back of probably his best or second best season here
Come on, let's not succumb to this collective amnesia about Maguire and forget his first two seasons with us.

He can play both sides, Licha injury record last season, upgrade on lindelof and will probably be better long-term then Maguire. MDJ replacement for Varane and Branthwaite high quality competition/cover.
Martinez could play the Gvardiol position in certain games and we can go

Martinez-Branthwaite-De Ligt-Dalot

Very solid back 4. Still have Shaw obviously and he can rest more between games and manage his fitness better.

I’d go back in for Sabitzer now and offer £20m, Dortmund would probably take it for 29-30 year old, we really should have signed him as he can play 6,8, False 9 and 10 genuine bad business not keeping Sabitzer for €15m?

I thought on the whole he was bang average for us, he had a couple of good games but that was about it.

I’d go back in for Sabitzer now and offer £20m, Dortmund would probably take it for 29-30 year old, we really should have signed him as he can play 6,8, False 9 and 10 genuine bad business not keeping Sabitzer for €15m?

Do you not actually remember how he was for us? Barely avaliable and more often than not completely average. Games would just happen around him most of the time.

Do you not actually remember how he was for us? Barely avaliable and more often than not completely average. Games would just happen around him most of the time.
Yeah, been watching him at the Euros wondering where did this guy come from? He's been much better than I remember at United.

He wasn’t fit and it was well documented as a squad player he was a perfect signing for wages and transfer Fee.

He wasn’t fit and it was well documented as a squad player he was a perfect signing for wages and transfer Fee.

He wasn't fit, so he wasn't a perfect signing? He was brought in to plug the hole left by all our injured players, and was barely available. It might have been just unfortunate timing, but he was a very average bit of business for us.

He wasn't fit, so he wasn't a perfect signing? He was brought in to plug the hole left by all our injured players, and was barely available. It might have been just unfortunate timing, but he was a very average bit of business for us.
He just played in a Champions league Final and been one of Dortmund’s MVP, he was great for Austria too and as a fan who went to Wembley last year when we won the Caribo cup, Sabitzer came on for the last 20-25 minutes and was great, his high energy was something we missed massively this season, I’m not saying he was a world beater but for €15m he was a steal as a squad player and would be again this season where budget is incredibly tight?

Tier 2:

More info:

This isn't a surprise given Kia's involvement in this deal.

We knew this already, it’s absolutely ridiculous but it’s no surprise. It’s also no surprise it’s Luckhurst rushing to report the agents fees lumped in with the release clause, I’m sure it’ll raise even further when we find out what wages he’s on and that’ll get thrown into the overall package as well, like every other Utd signing.

Tier 2:

More info:

This isn't a surprise given Kia's involvement in this deal.

Wasnt this reported already as the fees Kia J was charging Milan because of the bad blood between them? And would be less for anyone else?

If not then sod that plan.

I hope a day comes when paying an agent is the players responsibilty and not clubs.