Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Sorry but De Ligt feels very much like the big name signing from another big team that has regularly failed after joining us. Bayern want rid of him for a reason. His injury record concerns me and this would very much be another ETH-driven signing. I thought the idea was to remove him from recruitment but many now don't seem to have a problem with it?
How bads his injury record? How many games has he missed in last 3-4 seasons?

I’d go back in for Sabitzer now and offer £20m, Dortmund would probably take it for 29-30 year old, we really should have signed him as he can play 6,8, False 9 and 10 genuine bad business not keeping Sabitzer for €15m?
I would agree that Sabitzer was decent for us, and would not object to him at the club, certainly if it is a straight choice between him or Amrabat, I would choose Sabitzer, however Sabitzer is best as an attacking midfielder, almost a 10, we do not really need that player, certainly not before we need other positions filled

Why is ETH personally meeting with his team of reps? I thought those days are over?

Could be many reasons for that - Zirkzee maybe trusts them to work on his behalf not only in regards to the contract but also regarding what is expected from him - ambitions etc

Why is ETH personally meeting with his team of reps? I thought those days are over?
Meetings with the higher ups first to address the transfer, then a meeting with the manager to outline his vision and how he intends to use the player within his squad.

Could be many reasons for that - Zirkzee maybe trusts them to work on his behalf not only in regards to the contract but also regarding what is expected from him - ambitions etc

Yep. Fergie would have done it on occasion particularly if it was to help get it over the line if there was interest from other teams. Won't see it with every single signing mind.

Don't release clauses usually need to be paid out all at once to be activated? Not sure our cash position is strong enough for that.
They do and so do agent fees so that’s probably £40-42m upfront payment, I believe there’s more cash than being stated in the press as £120m was paid off when he invested his $300m to buy an extra 2,7% shares. It looks like of the original $200(£156m) some of that was for the Carrington revamp and some for Transfers)

I think if we can sell well and get £80-100m we’ll spend £200m and probably spend it far wiser than we ever have previously!

I would agree that Sabitzer was decent for us, and would not object to him at the club, certainly if it is a straight choice between him or Amrabat, I would choose Sabitzer, however Sabitzer is best as an attacking midfielder, almost a 10, we do not really need that player, certainly not before we need other positions filled
He’s being playing for Dortmund and Austria in a deep hybrid 6/8 position the fact he can play all three positions is why we should never have let him go, especially for €15m ?

They do and so do agent fees so that’s probably £40-42m upfront payment, I believe there’s more cash than being stated in the press as £120m was paid off when he invested his $300m to buy an extra 2,7% shares. It looks like of the original $200(£156m) some of that was for the Carrington revamp and some for Transfers)

I think if we can sell well and get £80-100m we’ll spend £200m and probably spend it far wiser than we ever have previously!
We should have a better idea of the club's cash position on July 10, when the quarterly earnings report and financials get released (albeit the data will be on a three month lag).

We have done with Greenwood and Sancho (very different circumstances and wouldn't want for Rashford - he should stay unless we get an unlikely good offer).
Greenwood was a special case.
Sancho hasn't scored over 100 goals for Man Utd and publicly disrespected his coach.