Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

De Ligt is another addition to the long list of underwhelming signings we have made under ETH. If the fees involved are to be believed too, feck's sake.
The club is weak, full of weak people in the upper echelons and this cascades throughout the whole squad. Looking at the only bona fide starter we have around, Martinez, De Ligt is not his ideal partner and we are spending big money just to build a one paced defense.

Has the club really thought this through? We are once again being deceived by a big club pedigree the player has and ignoring his physical attributes and the financial implications having such a high wage player in the squad who has doubts on his suitability to play a high line partnered with Martinez.

To be honest that's not a lot for a 25 year old player that played CL with Juve and Bayern.

I suppose United will look at someting around 40M, but valuation is way better the 70M of Everton

Yeah its a pretty decent looking option, it just feels more risky than Braintwaithe bizarrely based on his most recent injury and the nagging question of why Bayern are selling. Still skeptical after Hargreaves/Schweinsteiger.

Yeah its a pretty decent looking option, it just feels more risky than Braintwaithe bizarrely based on his most recent injury and the nagging question of why Bayern are selling. Still skeptical after Hargreaves/Schweinsteiger.

He's on the highest wages in Bayern, they have dier, upamecano, KMJ and want Tah (because German/weaken Laverkusen) plus they will use the money to fund keeping Davis.

Then you do have the injuries last year..

The club is weak, full of weak people in the upper echelons and this cascades throughout the whole squad. Looking at the only bona fide starter we have around, Martinez, De Ligt is not his ideal partner and we are spending big money just to build a one paced defense.

Has the club really thought this through? We are once again being deceived by a big club pedigree the player has and ignoring his physical attributes and the financial implications having such a high wage player in the squad who has doubts on his suitability to play a high line partnered with Martinez.
Ahhh yess the defender who has literally excelled in multiple high line systems isn’t capable of playing in a high line for us.

While De Ligt and Ugarte might be necessary signings IMO we really need to get some more creative players in the side. We need more players who can set up goals for our forwards. Who are we being linked with that can provide this?

€50m for de Ligt is okay. I do have concerns that both Juventus and Bayern have moved him on, but he brings good experience and is still young. He also knows the manager. And finally, Everton want far too much for Branthwaite.

We could get much a better prospect than Amrabat for £20m.

Maybe even someone Ten Hag would play in their correct position without being bullied into it.

Give it a rest, we get it. You don't like the manager. We don't need a reminder every 5 minutes. Please keep it in the threads specifically about the manager. It's beyond tedious.

You think he's a considerably better striker than Hojlund?

He doesn't need to be considerably better. He's a young striker with potential at a fair price. He'll give us depth up top, and offer a different threat to Hojland to give our attack a lot more versatility.

It's a no brainer. Completely agree with op, these are 3 great signings to start the summer

Rashford, Maguire, Mctominay, Varane, Shaw, Martial, Lindeloff, AWB, Dalot, that's 9 from the main team who were present before he arrived. Out of which he brought in Martinez who has been a great buy and probably the best since Bruno.

Antony can be termed as a bad one at this point. Malacia had been unfortunately injured, Casemiro was a player who was brought due to ETH not getting his primary player in FDJ. Casemiro dropped his standards this season.

Hoijlund was brought due to the expectation that Rashford would continue to grow and not go into his usual bad season long spell. Due to Rashford's incompetence, the striker didn't get enough time to settle down.

With Martinez, Shaw and Malacia out, plus Varane, Evans playing start stop with Maguire, the defence never settled down to give a decent chance to Onana who also let himself down with some bad goal keeping. But he has grown into his role and I expect him to be back to his usual high line play which he is comfortable with. He needs a defence he can trust.

All in all, it's easy to see why United do not have a pattern of play or a decent quality of football.

We are just saved due to Bruno being a great player along with Garnacho stepping up with Mainoo.

Eth can possibly be blamed for not improving the players he inherited but these players have sunk Jose, Ole, Ralf so I wouldn't blame ETH. Players like Rashford are the problem. Player power at United is ridiculous. Till it goes any manager coming in is not going to improve United.

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize this was the Twitter thread, thought it was the ETH thread.

well said

He doesn't need to be considerably better. He's a young striker with potential at a fair price. He'll give us depth up top, and offer a different threat to Hojland to give our attack a lot more versatility.

It's a no brainer. Completely agree with op, these are 3 great signings to start the summer

did you read the post I replied to? the poster said those three immensly improve our starting XI
They're potentially good signings, but I just wouldn't say Zirkzee is an immense upgrade on Hojlund

Seems highly rated, do those who regularly watch the youth teams think he might be involved with the first team this season?

Not yet as someone has posted he is just 16 and even in the unders games he drifts in and out of games. He isn't the strongest and is still raw - but he's a good player.

We might see Ogunneye the RB preseason

Can't believe fans of a team that finished 8th last year are are turning their noses up at £42m for De Ligt in an era where players of that level are going for minimum £65m. Its like saying you would not take Eder Militao or Lisandro Martinez if you were offered because of one season of long-term injury. Hilarious. There are signings to scratch your head about. This is not one of them.

I really hope we’re in for a creative winger this window. We’ve got wingers whose first thoughts are to cut in and shoot. We need someone who thinks about assisting first.

I really hope we’re in for a creative winger this window. We’ve got wingers whose first thoughts are to cut in and shoot. We need someone who thinks about assisting first.

Olise was it :(

Unfortunately it's Amad or bust now. Or hopefully Zirkzee comes good and lets us play the two cut-in shoot merchants.

Olise was it :(

Unfortunately it's Amad or bust now. Or hopefully Zirkzee comes good and lets us play the two cut-in shoot merchants.

There are plenty of options other than Olise around.

Guys like Nico Williams, Beier, Olmo, Neto and more are all potentially available for fees around or less than Olise was priced at.

@diarm Wasn’t Vivell the guy that Chelsea had appointed but then was quickly ousted by them hiring the Brighton guys…

Glad to see the club looking for a recruitment expert though

How would you describe Amad?

Anyone know much about this fella?

I wondered why his name was familiar then remembered he was one of those people Clearlake hired in their Chelsea revolution who got kicked out because they had too many cooks. He has a resume at least.

With the amount of midfielders we have (or don't have) at our disposal - I would keep him. He showed in the FA Cup final that there is a really good player there - I trust Amrabat a lot more than I trust Eriksen and Casemiro - at least Amrabat can run. And if we sell both Casemiro and Eriksen - we are seriously short on midfielders - and I doubt we can find a good midfielder for £20 million. I wasn't convinced we should buy Sabitzer - but he has clearly shown in the last 12 months, that the problem was United - not Sabitzer. And I think it might very well be the same problem with Amrabat. But at the end of the season - he showed he is a good player
I’d go back in for Sabitzer now and offer £20m, Dortmund would probably take it for 29-30 year old, we really should have signed him as he can play 6,8, False 9 and 10 genuine bad business not keeping Sabitzer for €15m?

Only because they’re managed by Southgate. Means nothing that.

Guehi for £60m is a much better value signing than De Ligt for £60m.

Even before you factor in De Ligt will be demanding over double the wages of someone like Guehi, Branthwaite or similar. A small matter of £35-40m extra over a 5 year contract.
Exactly he’s failed in a slow lead In Italy, Bayern don’t want him yet we want to start him, I have serious reservations about De Ligt, especially his pace or rather lack of ?
Branthwaite maybe could be done for £60-65m on a 5 year contract for £165k per week or £8.5m per year plus £13m amortisation so cost would be £21.5m for a two footed young English CB With pace.

So De Ligt is four years older for £42m over 5 years £8m per year and rumoured wages of £12m per year wages is a total cost of £20m. This doesn’t make sense!

Exactly he’s failed in a slow lead In Italy, Bayern don’t want him yet we want to start him, I have serious reservations about De Ligt, especially his pace or rather lack of ?
Branthwaite maybe could be done for £60-65m on a 5 year contract for £165k per week or £8.5m per year plus £13m amortisation so cost would be £21.5m for a two footed young English CB With pace.

So De Ligt is four years older for £42m over 5 years £8m per year and rumoured wages of £12m per year wages is a total cost of £20m. This doesn’t make sense!

I would absolutely take Brathwaite over Di Ligt.

Sorry but De Ligt feels very much like the big name signing from another big team that has regularly failed after joining us. Bayern want rid of him for a reason. His injury record concerns me and this would very much be another ETH-driven signing. I thought the idea was to remove him from recruitment but many now don't seem to have a problem with it?

Sorry but De Ligt feels very much like the big name signing from another big team that has regularly failed after joining us. Bayern want rid of him for a reason. His injury record concerns me and this would very much be another ETH-driven signing. I thought the idea was to remove him from recruitment but many now don't seem to have a problem with it?

What about his injury record specifically worries you?