Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Breaking news: Utd sign their 500th Dutch player
Ornstein dick rider : probably a coincidence you hyperbole junkie
It’s one thing having an agenda but do you not pause and consider that other posters might have a point (before insulting them)?

500th player, you’ve just previously posted 50th… it’s the sort of things kids would say. It’s really ease to say you have an issue with Ten Hags influence in transfers and/or the links to Dutch/Dutch league players without sounding silly.

And if you think Ornstein talks rubbish, you just look even sillier… he’s literally the one journalist almost every fan listens to.

Ten Hags renegotiated contract will mean he has less influence… be happy.

conspiracy?
Its obvious the manager prefers to recruit guys he’s already worked with even though he’s inexperienced, young and from an average league with his preferred pool of players being mediocre at best.

Calling it a coincidence where the best dude out there just happened to be linked with him is absurd
Every manager does. What manager would prefer to recruit guys they've never worked with over players they have if they're good enough? De ligt isn't mediocre though?

No one's saying de ligt is the best out there, he's the best based on availability and price.

Every manager does. What manager would prefer to recruit guys they've never worked with over players they have if they're good enough? De ligt isn't mediocre though?

No one's saying de ligt is the best out there, he's the best based on availability and price.
That's the point though. It's an inefficient recruitment model and a big reason our ROI with transfers has been dreadfully low since SAF retired. Managers aren't scouts, and shouldn't be expected to be.

Every manager does. What manager would prefer to recruit guys they've never worked with over players they have if they're good enough?

that would make some sense if you’re Pep and have worked in La Liga and Buli with Bayern and Barcelona
Not when you’re coming from Eredivese and with the mighty Ajax

That's the point though. It's an inefficient recruitment model and a big reason our ROI with transfers has been dreadfully low since SAF retired. Managers aren't scouts, and shouldn't be expected to be.
I get that when we're talking about your Amrabaats, Antony's and the like. It just doesn't track when it's De ligt, because two of the biggest clubs in Europe have rated him, so it's likely a scenario where everyone's happy. Quite like if we signed De Jong.

I think people are wrongly assuming Ten Hag is orchestrating this because he managed him. When it's more likely he is available, at a decent price and the recruitment rates him.

that would make some sense if you’re Pep and have worked in La Liga and Buli with Bayern and Barcelona
Not when you’re coming from Eredivese and with the mighty Ajax
It's fine when said player has played at Bayern and Juventus.

It's fine when said player has played at Bayern and Juventus.

That’s a different argument to be fair, I wasn’t talking about De Ligt specifically but this model of hiring from your previous links. It’s an inefficient strategy of needlessly minimising the pool you’re hiring from and I’ll die on this hill.

Coming to De Ligt, I don't think people have watched him enough recently, reckon he’s just riding his old hype.

That’s a different argument to be fair, I wasn’t talking about De Ligt specifically but this model of hiring from your previous links. It’s an inefficient strategy of needlessly minimising the pool you’re hiring from and I’ll die on this hill.

Coming to De Ligt, I don't think people have watched him enough recently, reckon he’s just riding his old hype.
Fair enough, I agree it was wrong to do before, but I don't think it's happening now

Depends on the price Bayern want for him, not sure if any figures have been released yet.
Would welcome an addition like that and hope he stays injury free but would prefer someone with more pace to partner Martinez, I would have even asked Varane to stay another year on reduced wages so we could have a good backup.

Depends on the price Bayern want for him, not sure if any figures have been released yet.
Would welcome an addition like that and hope he stays injury free but would prefer someone with more pace to partner Martinez, I would have even asked Varane to stay another year on reduced wages so we could have a good backup.
Lot of fairly reliable reports suggest we're going to be paying less than they paid for him - 67m euros, which is around £57m. That's already cheaper than Branthwaite, Guehi and the like.

Lot of fairly reliable reports suggest we're going to be paying less than they paid for him - 67m euros, which is around £57m. That's already cheaper than Branthwaite, Guehi and the like.
At that price it’s worth going for it. Worst case we won’t lose much on the resale if things don’t go according to plan. Plenty of experience as well and would be a welcome addition.

At that price it’s worth going for it. Worst case we won’t lose much on the resale if things don’t go according to plan. Plenty of experience as well and would be a welcome addition.
Only thing is the wages, but if Branthwaite wanted 150k, doesn't seem too bad either!

What a massively underwhelming signing.
Hasn't kicked a ball for the club yet so how could you possibly know that?

Oh wait you're one of those ridiculously negative posters that pollutes the cafe these days so I shouldn't be surprised.

Most of the 'core' players are his own purchases.
Rashford, Maguire, Mctominay, Varane, Shaw, Martial, Lindeloff, AWB, Dalot, that's 9 from the main team who were present before he arrived. Out of which he brought in Martinez who has been a great buy and probably the best since Bruno.

Antony can be termed as a bad one at this point. Malacia had been unfortunately injured, Casemiro was a player who was brought due to ETH not getting his primary player in FDJ. Casemiro dropped his standards this season.

Hoijlund was brought due to the expectation that Rashford would continue to grow and not go into his usual bad season long spell. Due to Rashford's incompetence, the striker didn't get enough time to settle down.

With Martinez, Shaw and Malacia out, plus Varane, Evans playing start stop with Maguire, the defence never settled down to give a decent chance to Onana who also let himself down with some bad goal keeping. But he has grown into his role and I expect him to be back to his usual high line play which he is comfortable with. He needs a defence he can trust.

All in all, it's easy to see why United do not have a pattern of play or a decent quality of football.

We are just saved due to Bruno being a great player along with Garnacho stepping up with Mainoo.

Eth can possibly be blamed for not improving the players he inherited but these players have sunk Jose, Ole, Ralf so I wouldn't blame ETH. Players like Rashford are the problem. Player power at United is ridiculous. Till it goes any manager coming in is not going to improve United.

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize this was the Twitter thread, thought it was the ETH thread.

Last edited:
Rashford, Maguire, Mctominay, Varane, Shaw, Martial, Lindeloff, AWB, Dalot, that's 9 from the main team who were present before he arrived. Out of which he brought in Martinez who has been a great buy and probably the best since Bruno.

Antony can be termed as a bad one at this point. Malacia had been unfortunately injured, Casemiro was a player who was brought due to ETH not getting his primary player in FDJ. Casemiro dropped his standards this season.

Hoijlund was brought due to the expectation that Rashford would continue to grow and not go into his usual bad season long spell. Due to Rashford's incompetence, the striker didn't get enough time to settle down.

With Martinez, Shaw and Malacia out, plus Varane, Evans playing start stop with Maguire, the defence never settled down to give a decent chance to Onana who also let himself down with some bad goal keeping. But he has grown into his role and I expect him to be back to his usual high line play which he is comfortable with. He needs a defence he can trust.

All in all, it's easy to see why United do not have a pattern of play or a decent quality of football.

We are just saved due to Bruno being a great player along with Garnacho stepping up with Mainoo.

Eth can possibly be blamed for not improving the players he inherited but these players have sunk Jose, Ole, Ralf so I wouldn't blame ETH. Players like Rashford are the problem. Player power at United is ridiculous. Till it goes any manager coming in is not going to improve United.

Great Post.