Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I think anyone that believes we will have a smooth window is in for a shock. I think it will be as frustrating as many beforehand. We can’t even decide on the manager situation.

Think next summer is where we might start acting like a proper club again.
The problem as usual will be clearing out the ridiculously overpaid who offer us nothing. Sancho, Casemiro and VDB will be difficult to shift.

Remember is being linked with Cunha when he was at Atletico. In hindsight, would've probably been a decent signing at the time.

I swear, there is not a single speculation including the words, Manchester United, PL Player, and a fee lower than 50 million pounds, even if we are looking to buy 39-year-old Scott Carson.

I think anyone that believes we will have a smooth window is in for a shock. I think it will be as frustrating as many beforehand. We can’t even decide on the manager situation.

Think next summer is where we might start acting like a proper club again.

Who says we haven't decided on the manager?

Weren't we linked with him for about 45m?
If wolves signed him for around that fee, they'd want more.
Not sure if he's the signing for us.. but he does look good whenever I've seen him

We were linked with him when he left Atletico, very decent player. Ended up with 12 goals in the league and he presses like a demon. £60m seems extremely unlikely though.
£60m is probably too much for him, but he's definitely the striker profile we should target due to how he can facilitate for other players. And like you say, his pressing and intensity is of a very high level but he's also someone that is physically powerful and can carry the ball superbly well. I mentioned him as someone who we should target to rotate with Hojlund and replace Martial in the squad. Cunha is a striker who seems like a nightmare to play against and imo will give us a different dimension, especially inside the box.

But for £60m it's probably not a deal worth pursuing.

£60m is probably too much for him, but he's definitely the striker profile we should target due to how he can facilitate for other players. And like you say, his pressing and intensity is of a very high level but he's also someone that is physically powerful and can carry the ball superbly well. I mentioned him as someone who we should target to rotate with Hojlund and replace Martial in the squad. Cunha is a striker who seems like a nightmare to play against and imo will give us a different dimension, especially inside the box.

But for £60m it's probably not a deal worth pursuing.
Also a good age at 25, league proven and plays in a transition side. As you say though £60m isn't a deal worth pursuing, would likely be prohibitive to our other squad investment needs.

Cunha is good but that is big money.

With the prices as high as they are, maybe we should grow our own players.

Invest in cloning.

Cunha in his first PL season has 19 G/A in 2454 mins
Rashford 22/23 PL has 22 G/A in 2890 mins

We all talk about how great Rashford was last season, Cunha brings so much more than G/A to the table IMO

Is £60m really that expensive for a PL striker? Wolves paid £44m for him last year

We all talk about how great Rashford was last season, Cunha brings so much more than G/A to the table IMO

Is £60m really that expensive for a PL striker? Wolves paid £44m for him last year

Not sure they will sell him even for that fee. But makes sense to sound him out. I think it is probable that he is a type of player we hold interest in. The false nine type that we used a bit towards the end of the season.

You would think Rutter at Leeds is also an option.

He'd be a very good signing in my opinion. People laughing at 60 million but good luck getting a striker for cheaper than that. 50-60 million is going to be the floor unless it's an unknown youth prospect.

I don't think any striker we sign is going to be significantly better than Hojlund. It's going to be someone at the same level.

If he improves from this season he’ll be a very good buy for someone and 60 is totally fair if they bought him for 40something. I would say an extra 10-20 million for a successful debut season of PL football is very fair. In fact Wolves probably won’t sell for that as is their right.

If Bayern aren’t going to sign Ouedraogo then we need to swoop in immediately. He’s exactly the type of signing INEOS claim we’re going to focus on - young, talented with an ideal contract situation/available cheap.